Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Whatever release date it is, I just hope it's enough time for a 16 year-old to raise enough money to purchase a new PS3 Slim and finish purchasing the remaining 40 dollars of his pre-order.

I'd also like it to be close to a weekend. I actually have a school to attend to? :D

So we could be getting a limited edition, for once? Nice :P Personally, I'd love to see the soundtrack, whatever it will be called (Forever Blue, Double Trouble... whatever whacky name they give it) released with it, as well as maybe an artbook, some extra in-game content (like DLC or levels that didn't make it into the final cut, etc), and perhaps a goody like a figurine or a piece of Sonic clothing, or something. But it doesn't gotta be too fancy... I just think it's about time a Sonic game had a limited edition release version, especially for such a massive occasion like this.

Edited by EXshad

So we could be getting a limited edition, for once? Nice :P Personally, I'd love to see the soundtrack, whatever it will be called (Forever Blue, Double Trouble... whatever whacky name they give it) released with it, as well as maybe an artbook, some extra in-game content (like DLC or levels that didn't make it into the final cut, etc), and perhaps a goody like a figurine or a piece of Sonic clothing, or something. But it doesn't gotta be too fancy... I just think it's about time a Sonic game had a limited edition release version, especially for such a massive occasion like this.

Edited by Silencer226

I'm not so sure whether I'd consider November a good month for the game. Depending on when Sega chooses to release it, it'll be contending with Uncharted 3 and Skyrim for the charts. October seems like a much better month to release it from a sales standpoint. Sonic Colors got a pretty lucky break last year thanks to the delaying of LittleBigPlanet 2.

Of course it's coming this year, why would they release the 20th anniversary game on the 21st anniversary?

Of course it's coming this year, why would they release the 20th anniversary game on the 21st anniversary?

Hey guess what! I got an e-mail from GAME regarding my pre-order for Sonic Generations...they said that it'll come out October 2011! It's obviously not official but it sounds like a sensible time to release it.

Got that email too. They didn't have a date up before so, so take it as an estimate. Main Sonic games are pretty much always released in November. Also, I got this email from GAME too:

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games 3DS has changed to Jan-2011. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

So, yeah...

I noticed last week that the date on SEGA's website for Sonic Generations changed from Winter 2011 to Late 2011. Make of that what you will.

Calling it now. November......15-17th. That's when the game will be released.

Couple of posts up Shadz. We're all finally learning to ninja you :P

Anyways, *updates first post*

• Thumbs Up 2

Ugh please let that be the date. Sega wouldn't have much competition and for me personally it would fit in perfectly with my schedule.

Couple of posts up Shadz. We're all finally learning to ninja you :P

Anyways, *updates first post*

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO -- SEGA® Europe Ltd. & SEGA® America, Inc., today confirmed that Sonic Generations™ will be released on Nintendo’s new handheld system, the Nintendo 3DS™ in November 2011. Set across three defining eras from Sonic the Hedgehog’s twenty year history, Sonic Generations™ for Nintendo 3DS will see SEGA’s mascot speeding through new levels designed exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system.

“Sonic Generations for the Nintendo 3DS will combine brand new technology and twenty years of Sonic the Hedgehog videogame heritage,” commented David Corless, Global Brand Director for Sonic. “Couple this with the ability to play as both Classic and Modern Sonic and you have the perfect gaming celebration for the landmark anniversary of our much loved mascot.”

The specifically designed Nintendo 3DS environments, based on iconic levels from popular Sonic the Hedgehog titles, will include an exclusive unlockable ‘special stage’ allowing players to become even more immersed in Sonic’s world. Sonic Generations™ for Nintendo 3DS will also take advantage of the StreetPass™ feature by enabling players to collect new content and unlock bonus material each time they pass another player. In addition to this, the new two-player versus mode means fans can battle it out across some of the most recognisable Sonic environments in a completely new way.

Sonic Generations™ for Nintendo 3DS follows the same storyline as the previously announced platforms, with Sonic and his friends pulled back through time due to a mysterious new power which is causing chaos throughout the universe by creating strange “time holes”. Sonic Generations™ will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Nintendo 3DS system in November 2011.

You get no points for correctly guessing November.

I think I said 25th November in Europe as my guess back last month...

Oh well, just another game to add to my November purchases.

I think I said 25th November in Europe as my guess back last month...

Oh well, just another game to add to my November purchases.

That would be a great birthday present for me :P

That would be a great birthday present for me :P

November's a great month for a Sonic fan to be born! It's worked out for me numerous times.

HMV's opened up pre-orders for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions at £39.99. No sign of the 3DS version yet. They have the release date down for November 4th 2011.

PS3:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=53184

Xbox 360:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=53212

• Thumbs Up 1

Chaufin' 'eck. That must have JUST happened. I was litterally just on their site! Ah well, not really interesting at the moment. They're much more expensive than GAME, and their release date is one of four possible guesses- 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still holding out for any potential Limited Editions or even some pre-order bonuses before I put anything down.

Still, 4th of November would be lovely. :P