Awoo.

Rebecca Black

Lightspines

It is too late young apprentice, the cycle of hate breeding backlash fame breeding more hate breeding more backlash fame looping until they're all dead or she screws it up some other way... *gasp for air* ...has already begun.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh for the love of.

Would people just STOP giving a shit about Rebecca Black?! Just ignore her, let her release her crappy music and eventually fade back into nothingness.

I'm sure people said the same thing about J-Biebz. Look how that turned out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that the first time. What day is it, again? ;)

I haven't checked to hear how she sounds without auto-tune, but even if her actual voice isn't all that bad, she seriously needs to fire whoever wrote this song. Worst lyrics ever. :lol:

I'm sure people said the same thing about J-Biebz. Look how that turned out.

It did result in an awesome shootout on NCIS or one of the bajillion shows with a similar sounding name, and a great death sequence on South Park.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't seem to find a possible reaction as to how superior in every sense of irony, hilarity and actual talent that cover had.

I don't mind if she gets all the hate in the world. I just know she helped me understand the order of the days of the week, and for that, I thank her sincerely. :lol:

Edited by Sapphire

I don't mind if she gets all the hate in the world. I just know she helped me understand the order of the days of the week, and for that, I thank her sincerely. :lol:

I much rather prefer Hulk Hogans Take on that particuler subject to be Honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDk5QOb1GRc

it's a bit of a more catchier tune too if you ask me.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 2

I take it that people are pissed because it's essentially a rich little white girl who's getting into the industry because mummy and daddy could afford it. That's the vibe that I'm getting anyway. It also doesn't help matters that the song is horrible all around; the lyrics are ridiculously monotonous and her voice is auto tuned for what feels like 96% of the duration (not counting the guy rapping). As someone who did choir intermittently in elementary/high school, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as there are songs that you can either do very well or bomb on given your natural vocal range, and this happens to be one of them. I'll even concede to Dark Quivet's earlier point about her apparently picking between two songs that she was given - she may or may not have been aware of how well it would mesh with her vocal range. Auto Tune may have then been used to cover up the fact that it wasn't at the range that it should be, and given that a lot of artists are doing it now to "enhance" their music, I'm not sure she realized the implications of this.

Granted, I'm not defending the finished product - I was only so glad when the video ended. Also, what is up with the overall theme of the video - It's Friday, let's go play hooky and party all hard while barely being teenagers? WTF. If I pulled that shit, my parents would have tanned my hide with a belt despite how "grown" I thought I was. Hell, I learned my lesson when I sorta played hooky by going to a nearby park before school to hang out before showing up late. Me and my friends got suspended for a week by the school, which was the worst of it for me as I was already indefinitely grounded by my dad for being fresh. A five-six month grounding will straighten anyone out.

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 1

She doesn't deserve all of this hate and ridiculously angry comments telling her to die of an eating disorder, but her song simply isn't good. The lyrics are some of the most bland I've ever heard, her singing (With the auto-tune, at least) is cringe-worthy, and the music video is laughable.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ugh... as soon as she started singing, I closed the window. Just... ugh. I pretty much hate all mainstream pop and hip hop music and this was pretty much no exception.

I hate the song more then life itself but the people who are doing reactions and parodys of it are fucking awesome. keep posting them!

She doesn't deserve all of this hate and ridiculously angry comments telling her to die of an eating disorder, but her song simply isn't good. The lyrics are some of the most bland I've ever heard, her singing (With the auto-tune, at least) is cringe-worthy, and the music video is laughable.

This. I just found out she's only thirteen.

I feel really sorry for her. It's not like she's done anything wrong. Good or not, she didn't even write the song, for crying out loud.

• Thumbs Up 2

Agreed. As much as the song gives me a headache and the fact that most people I know are singing it now because of how bad everyone thinks it is, I still don't think it should be taken as far as telling her that she needs to die and stuff like that. She didn't do anything wrong herself. She's really just trying to do what she enjoys doing and maybe making a living off of it, even if she is still thirteen. If you don't like the song, don't listen to it. But I don't think people should be wishing death upon her because of something like this.

Have you guys seen the latest?

The original video has had it's ratings re-enabled and... well.. I've never seen anything quite like it.

19,404 likes, 156,179 dislikes 30.3 million views...

Blimy.

Edit: In fact it's updating automatically... in the time it took me to write upto blimy... it now stands at...

19,440 likes, 156,595 dislikes

lol So the likes jump up by 36... the dislikes jumped up 416!

Good for her. I'd feel pretty ashamed to be a human being if the amount of unjust hate she's been getting this last week actually drove her away from ever trying.

That said, I'll admit even I'm starting to suspect (if only slightly) that this entire thing might have been engineered for publicity, after all. I mean, 'Friday' could have been made deliberately to get this kind of reaction. I mean, what's going to get more attention; a half-decent or 'meh' new song, or something that's outright going to be seen as bad by almost anyone?

I mean seriously, if it weren't for the auto-tune and lyrics, what part of the song would have stood out to anybody?

At the same time, if it were deliberate, it'd be a risky move, because public perception could go either way. If her next song is better, it could do brilliantly due to the fame she's gained from the notoriety of 'Friday'. Similarly, said infamy could easily lead to people simply dismissing her in future, regardless of any improvement.