Awoo.

Bargains & Pre-order Offers Thread

Detective Shadzter

Since we're so close to release now, I thought it would make sense to have a thread where we can all post cheap deals and pre-order offers we find for the game to help each other out.

In terms of pre-order offers, in the UK we only have Argos, who are giving away a Sonic & Wisps figure free when you pre-order either version of the game.

Wii - £31.99

DS - £23.99

As for cheap prices, there are a few I've found for both versions.

Wii:

ShopTo.net - £24.85

Coolshop - £25.99

365games - £26.99

Base - £27.99

DVD - £27.99

DS:

Base - £17.99

DVD - £17.99

ShopTo.net - £19.85

365games - £20.99

Coolshop - £21.70

• Thumbs Up 1

Epic topic matey. Thanks

Both games for just under £43? That's excellent. Shame it's only Argos doing the Special Editions at £56. Still that isn't expensive. Definitely going for Argos for both.

Awesome thanks Shadzter for posting all these bargains, I won't be getting it at Amazon now lol will be buying from 356 Games.com instead (can't be arsed with Shopto it asked me to pay £1 for something while signing up lol) just hope they don't charge you after pre ordering =).

As many should already know, Gamestop is giving away a Sonic hat with pre-orders of either format game. http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/soniccolors/?loc=wiirt_sonicc

As I want to pick up both games, I'm interested in seeing if there's any offers in the US that offer a bundle of the 2 for a lower price. If anyone can find anything it'd be much appreciated.

Australia's JB Hi-Fi are offering the Colours special edition with a blue Sonic Colours Classic Controller

Seriously, why do all these obscure places get all the good pre-order bonuses? I want to get my hands on some of this stuff, dammit!

EDIT: Looks like the price may be a bit more for the Classic Controller bundle, but even so - where's my option to get it if I want to, eh?!

Edited by Doctor MK

oshit that's awesome. Seeing as I don't have a classic controller yet, I'd LOVE to be able to grab that. At least the UK still gets the figures.

Although the other places are cheaper, I'll probably get it from Argos since they're a place that I can trust.

That, and I know that I can walk to an Argos and buy the game myself without having to go online. And £32 for a brand new Wii game ain't bad anyways. That only requires me to trade in 2 games to get the money.

If you preorder from Argos, do they deliver, or can you actually go in and pick it up on the day?

It's just no way am I going to preorder if it's the former. A couple of figures aren't worth the risk of not getting the game on launch day. >.>

That said, if you order online, do Argos do their own van deliveries still, or use the post? If it's their own delivery, it might be worth it. But even then, that doesn't guarantee it'll arrive early in the morning. D:

I haven't been keeping up too much. Does the US still get a dinky-ass Sonic cap only, D;? I'd rather have those figurines or better yet, the Sonic classic controller, XD.

-Blur

So Australia has the option to get the figures AND the hat from EB Games in one purchase and the option to get the figures AND a Sonic Colours themed Classic Controller?

*is jealous*

Cool. I don't know why Europe and North America doesn't have as much preorder gifts, they would have probably had more sales.

Edited by speedduelist

Cool. I don't know why Europe and North America doesn't have the same preorder gifts, they would probably have probably more if so.

Australia's JB Hi-Fi are offering the Colours special edition with a blue Sonic Colours Classic Controller

Seriously, why do all these obscure places get all the good pre-order bonuses? I want to get my hands on some of this stuff, dammit!

EDIT: Looks like the price may be a bit more for the Classic Controller bundle, but even so - where's my option to get it if I want to, eh?!

Not fair. I don't care about the figures all too much. I'd much rather have the hat or the classic controller..

Correct me if I'm wrong but that blue classic controller is NOT a pre-order bonus.

You don't get the bundle with the blue controller just by pre-ordering, it is included in a special edition of the game, a edition that you must buy, the controller is not a bonus is just part of a separate bundle.

If you read here it says that you can get the figurines by pre-ordering the game, however the controller only comes in the special bundle only available in Australia.

So in short, you can get the figurines by pre-ordering, but there is a bundle available that contains both the figurines and the blue classic controller, it is not a pre-order bonus as far as I can see.

I dunno where this idea that you get the controller as a pre-order bonus comes from to be honest, and most likely that same special edition bundle will be anounced in another places too, who knows.

And as far as pre-order bonus go, I still like the sonic hat over the sonic figurines.

yeah, that bundle with the classic controller and the figurines is not a pre-order bonus...it'll be available once the game gets released...so those who want it don't have to pre-order it.

The only pre-order bonus is that Sonic's shape hat.

It's very confusing. They must be doing different special editions you pay extra for. EB Games Australia has the hat as the pre-order gift and the figure set as a special edition you pay extra for, but here we have JB Hi-Fi with the figures as the pre-order gift and the classic controller as the special edition you pay extra for :blink:

I think its pretty cool that if you pre order it At EB Games (Depending) then you get a sonic hat! :rolleyes: I wonder if anyone else preordered the hat?

I did.

Gamestop.com was running a deal where you got 50% any pre-owned game on their site when you pre-ordered any full-price game. So I preordered Sonic Colors with release-day delivery. Plus I get the hat, and I got Sin and Punishment 2 for half off.

Argos are going to be selling the Sonic Colours figure online and in-store for £14.99 if you don't want to pre-order either version from them:

208-9281349iSPA74UC895232X.jpg

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9281349/Trail/searchtext%3ESONIC+FIGURE.htm

Argos catalogue pic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZleG9Nfi9ig

At £14.99, you sure are getting an absolute bargain by getting it for free by pre-ordering the game from them :lol:

I posted this yesterday in the Jazwares topic yesterday actually, but it looks like the Blue, Yellow and Red Wisp figures will be exclusive to DS pre-orders. The Wii version gets Orange, White and Cyan like the above.

EDIT: It must also be stressed that that figure is DISGUSTING. Got both DS and Wii pre-orders in at Argos though >.>

Edited by Blue Blood

Sorry for the double post, but PSI Wind FTW! has just pointed out in the status box that Argos has removed the Sonic & Wisps figure pre-order bonus from both Wii & DS version listings on their website.

Wii:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5738229/Trail/searchtext%3ESONIC+COLOURS.htm

DS:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5738212/Trail/searchtext%3ESONIC+COLOURS.htm

They're still listing the figure separately to buy for £14.99, though.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9281349/Trail/searchtext%3ESONIC.htm

Very weird. Does this mean everyone who's pre-ordered with them to get the figure for free won't get it? :blink: It could be that they've run out of stock of the figure for pre-orders.