Awoo.

Minecraft

Noir

For me, the survival server is still lagging to hell and back, and the chunks aren't loading properly.

You haven't updated or been using any mods, have you? Maybe a recent software change on your computer? I'm checking with everyone else and no one is having similar problems. :[

You haven't updated or been using any mods, have you? Maybe a recent software change on your computer? I'm checking with everyone else and no one is having similar problems. :[

I'm still having the same problems as well. I don't know what it could be though, I don't have any mods, and I can't think of any software changes that I've put in recently that could've affected it. I've been having this problem for a while as well.

This won't be very helpful, but I've heard that a number of people are having various issues in SMP with regards to severe chunk errors. Whilst this was always a problem in earlier versions - and solved by simply relogging - it appears to have mutated into another more annoying variant of the issue as of 1.8.

I hear 1.9pre3 is no better either. :/

EDIT: BTW, if you installed an XP orb limiter mod, understand that they don't remove any orb entities already present in a world - and if the chunks they're stored in are inactive, they won't despawn either. You may need to clear all the entity data from your server. That will not be fun though because it will wipe all the players and chests if you just delete the whole thing. :/

You should see if you can isolate data specific to XP orbs in the server files and wipe it.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

I haven't installed even any basic mods, and I haven't updated or had any software changes. It happens on the creative server too, but not nearly as much as the SMP server. I can't even move or chat.

My friends gifted me Minecraft this summer for my birthday.

Friends invite me to server. I join the server, walk around and check out their cool stuff. Decide to find a nice place to build.

One hour later...

GIANT TNT CRATER YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Someday I hope to make a giant volcano that when activated, erupts sheep. Still trying to think of how to do it. :/

Edited by RhikoruNa

Wolfy bought this game for me as a surprise unbirthday gift! Thank you Wolfy for being an Awesome. <3

I haven't really done much in the game yet though, I've just been messing around with controls and video settings, reading the wiki, and getting used to the basic feel of running around in the area.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, hit the area of lag in the Survival Server and decided this was still a problem. After a little digging, the XP orb problem has been finally dealt with.

Also newcomers, feel free to join the server if you wish.

Edited by Silva Rymes
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

Anychance me and a friend can get whitelisted? KennyWolf and TailsRocks21.

Done and done! Welcome aboard! :]

Thanks to Kenny, I was able to get the coords of the new spawn area (because for some reason it moved ages ago, making sure all the newbies are at least four hundred blocks from any sign of civilization when they first login). Since then, I've been taking the time to build a road from spawn all the way to roughly where the old one was and where me, Phantomime and presumably Serperior or whatever her Minecraft login is has been building. Someone better damn well appreciate this, because even in the early stages of it I've already lost all my armour, my bow and all my arrows, and a diamond pick thanks to laggy mob deaths and absolutely crap weather.

Right now it's only one block wide, but later one I plan to widen it to about 5 blocks (with doublestep blocks on either side) and light the entirety of it with torches. The damn thing's so long that I'm probably going to have to set up a pitstop somewhere in between with a bed in it.

Thanks to Kenny, I was able to get the coords of the new spawn area (because for some reason it moved ages ago, making sure all the newbies are at least four hundred blocks from any sign of civilization when they first login). Since then, I've been taking the time to build a road from spawn all the way to roughly where the old one was and where me, Phantomime and presumably Serperior or whatever her Minecraft login is has been building. Someone better damn well appreciate this, because even in the early stages of it I've already lost all my armour, my bow and all my arrows, and a diamond pick thanks to laggy mob deaths and absolutely crap weather.

Right now it's only one block wide, but later one I plan to widen it to about 5 blocks (with doublestep blocks on either side) and light the entirety of it with torches. The damn thing's so long that I'm probably going to have to set up a pitstop somewhere in between with a bed in it.

The moved spawn thing might have been my doing when I was fixing the lag problem before. My bad, heh.

Gonna run some maintenance for about an hour. Some changes may come into being if all goes well.

Edit - It's back up now, and all previous mod commands have been put back into place. /help while logged on to see commands.

Edited by Silva Rymes

Welp, most everyone who's ever visited the server has probably already seen this, but for those of you missing out I figured I'd show off the megaproject I've been working on in the survival server for the past few months now that I've finally finished the first phase of excavation.

799px-KochCube_Animation_Gray.gif

This is a quadratic variation of the Koch Snowflake fractal. Which is to say, it's a pattern that can be repeated indefinently with increasingly large detail for each level of the fractal. It's not terribly hard to see where this is going. Spoiler tags ahoy for hi-res screenshots:

2011-11-10_10.29.50.png
  • Thumbs Up 5

I've finally been able to connect to the SSMB Servers. Everyone's work is really awesome!

I'm the kind of 'crafter who will destroy part of a structure to enter it, then repair it exactly as it was before. I did this on the Creative Server to find out that.. well, I can't patch up my destruction. :P Sorry to whoever's home I butchered. Won't happen again.

Just thought I'd say that so no one thinks of me as a griefer or something..

I Was having a great Idea! We Should have a date for some Minecraft event ran on the servers! Perhaps we could run some of Vech's Infamous Maps like Race For The Wool Or the Super Hostile Maps. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-ctmcollection-%E2%98%A0-vechs-super-hostile-series-%E2%98%A0/

I certainly would be up for something like that. As long as the normal map is backed up, that is. I think it could be fun.

My only real concern is having sessions where we are all awake and able to play.

I certainly would be up for something like that. As long as the normal map is backed up, that is. I think it could be fun.

My only real concern is having sessions where we are all awake and able to play.

Oh, That is something important I Haven't thought of.

Anyone noticed the sound changes lately, or is it just me? So far I've noticed that the door, bow and explosion SFX have been changed around with no real mention of it in the changelog when you first boot Minecraft up. Normally I don't like to sound like BAWWW THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS, but... they're just awful compared to the originals. Seriously, the bow sounds like some kind of wierd popping now, and Creepers just aren't the same without that signature BAAAAOOOOOMMMM when they splode.

Just so this isn't totally a downer post though, I got that underwater tunnel done. Then for some reason built a glass bridge over the top of it. Dunno why really, but I get the feeling it'll come in handy for a route to the scenic view once I'm done mining the roof out of the snowflake complex. Also it looks pretty fucking swanky imo.

2011-11-15_10.20.57.png

2011-11-15_10.21.18.png

2011-11-15_10.21.43.png

2011-11-15_10.21.57.png

2011-11-15_10.22.08.png

Appreciating the stuff you built BL/Cheese. The bridge is small, but it's noticeably faster to get from one end of the pond to another. Also, spruced up the house at spawn and the shelter along the road to our makeshift town, and put food in the chests so new guys can sprint all the way to us without worry of their energy draining. I DID put a bed in the spawn house, in case someone joined while it was night, but even though it is very lit inside, monsters keep spawning. So I am gonna see what I can do about that.

I DID put a bed in the spawn house, in case someone joined while it was night, but even though it is very lit inside, monsters keep spawning. So I am gonna see what I can do about that.
Edited by The Cheese

Monsters spawning when you go to sleep in a well-lit room is a bug, and has been fixed in 1.9, if that's what you're referring to.

Great job on the bridge! I'd go check it out, but I updated to the 1.9 version of Minecraft, so I can't enter at the moment. I'll check it out when/if it's updated to 1.9.

Minecraft has gone gold and will be officially released and out of Beta on Friday. Minecraft 1.0 will be almost identical to MInecraft Release Candidate 2 (RC2), which is already available to download, so take a look if you haven't already.