Awoo.

New Screnshots!

Woun

BADASS. That thing looks like a Badnik on steroids.

Hermit Crab..... haven't we had a hermit crab esc badnick in the past though?

Eggy is slowly running out of animals to emulate. Its only a matter of time before he has nothing left to build but the Egg Hedgehog. :lol:

I can hardly believe how amazing this game looks. Just when I thought I couldn't be impressed any further (or at least, before the game released and the spoilers started coming in - which I will be avoiding like the plague).

Eggy is slowly running out of animals to emulate. Its only a matter of time before he has nothing left to build but the Egg Hedgehog. :lol:

Metal Sonic?

Poor Eggman, your design choices are fucked.

Hermit Crab..... haven't we had a hermit crab esc badnick in the past though?

5, actually! Yado, Yadokaka, Yadokka, Yadorin, and Yadorin Jet. Eggman likes his hermit crab badniks.

The moar you know~

Also this new big crustacean bot certainly looks interesting! Wonder what its name is.

Edited by HunterTSF

5, actually! Yado, Yadokaka, Yadokka, Yadorin, and Yadorin Jet. Eggman likes his hermit crab badniks.

The moar you know~

Also this new big crustacean bot certainly looks interesting! Wonder what its name is.

I am calling him Lobster Arms until we have a real name.

And I am pretty sure Eggman's Hermit Crab love is well known... you know... "Collect me 10 Hermit Crabs."

I think you all understand his vision...

__Hermit_Crab___Sentry_Robot_by_Malaveldt.jpg

One day Eggman... One day....

I am calling him Lobster Arms until we have a real name.

I'm calling him Giant Enemy Crab; G.E.C. for short.

I would literally fall out of my chair if Sonic said: "So what's with this giant enemy crab?" and/or "Maybe I should strike its weak point?"

"Collect me 10 Hermit Crabs."

*shudder*

I would literally fall out of my chair if Sonic said: "So what's with this giant enemy crab?" and/or "Maybe I should strike its weak point?"

With these writers, he very well may! XD

I just can't help that this is all intentional. I mean there also is the Snailbot elevator in the manga that looks JUST like those Sonic 3/CD/The Movie Snail Blasters in elevator form.

• Thumbs Up 1

He reminds me a lot of the Egg Viper with those spiked wheels out. He probably retracts them too, because it looks like his six feet are in the air while the purple thing is his shell behind him. Makes me wonder if he does look like a Yadorin on his legs.

I just can't help that this is all intentional. I mean there also is the Snailbot elevator in the manga that looks JUST like those Sonic 3/CD/The Movie Snail Blasters in elevator form.

Iizuka did say there were gonna be references to the classic games here and there.

WooT

I'm calling him Giant Enemy Crab; G.E.C. for short.

Jesus, I hope not. I know it's a meme that was birthed in the game industry anyway, but every time a game, movie or TV programme makes a tacky reference to an Internet meme, feel like a small part of me dies.

Any reference to a meme/Internet fad in an established franchise like Sonic should be way more subtle, not "lol giant enemy crab" or "lol weak point". Besides, I'd expect way better humour from the writers of Madworld; actual humour, not Family Guy-esque referential "remember the time when"/"lol pop culture reference" humour (don't get me wrong, I like Family Guy but it's humour is just one big pisstake of pop culture).

But hey, that's just my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like Tails to say that meme and Sonic remark how obvious it was.

Something like:

Tails: "It's a giant enemy crab! Attack it's weak point for massive damage!"

Sonic: "Oh really? Attack its weak point? Thanks for the tip, Tails!"

Edited by MarcelloF

I'm with Gamenerd on this one; I don't usually mind memes, but the whole Giant Enemy Crab thing has been mocked to death, and memes always go bad when they stop being just goofy internet in-jokes. And I can't think of a way to work it in that wouldn't be awkward as fuck.

I'd like Tails to say that meme and Sonic remark how obvious it was.

Something like:

Tails: "It's a giant enemy crab! Attack it's weak point for massive damage!"

Sonic: "Oh really? Attack its weak point? Thanks for the tip, Tails!"

That would actually be pretty amusing to hear.

Also I'm not saying that they SHOULD use memes but I would probably fall out of my chair if they did reference them even slightly.

That would actually be pretty amusing to hear.

Also I'm not saying that they SHOULD use memes but I would probably fall out of my chair if they did reference them even slightly.

I'd like it because it would be reminiscent of this scene:

You know, Tails stating the obvious and Sonic giving him that look :D

Tails is the Brock of Sonic.

Just been thinking about that the Crab chase boss, I thinkmay be similar to the big chase robot from Sonic Unleashed (@ the 2:45 mark you will see it)

21373wii_qua_49.jpg

Edited by Shaddix