Awoo.

New Screnshots!

Woun

With a shake of the Wii Remote, Sonic transforms into a blue block, which acts as a switch to turn blue rings into solid platforms and vice versa.

Well I got it ALMOST right.

Also that's kinda neat. Robots on your tail(s)? Take down the platforms they're on!

Aquarium Park looks pretty good. Though I'm not a fan of underwater stages, but diversity is nice.

About the Blue Wisp, from what little I know, it looks like it'll only be useful in very specific places; I don't really like that, but I have to wait till I know more to have a proper opinion...

You beat me to it! great minds think alike huh~! :D

Yes I am glad to see more "Badniks" appearing, It means they noticed how much we missed these guys, well done Sonic Team!

post-2138-12849828844245_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aries

Anyone know what move Sonic is pulling off in this screenshot?

Sonic-Colours-Wii-screenshots-6.jpg

It's probably something really obvious that will make me look stupid for even asking. But it looks cool. Reminds me of Metroid: Other M's "Sensemove" for some reason.

But anyway, Chun-Nan + underwater in 3D = quite possibly the best thing ever

Anyone know what move Sonic is pulling off in this screenshot?

Sonic-Colours-Wii-screenshots-6.jpg

He's kicking that box towards that line of Egg Pawns. Certain boxes in that stage will let you push them forward - hold the B trigger next to it and Sonic does a little spin charge thing, and kicks the box at high speed, destroying any robots in its path.

• Thumbs Up 2

He's kicking that box towards that line of Egg Pawns. Certain boxes in that stage will let you push them forward - hold the B trigger next to it and Sonic does a little spin charge thing, and kicks the box at high speed, destroying any robots in its path.

That sounds rather awesome. :D

I am yet to find anything I dislike about this game. Aside from that it's not out yet.

Craaabmeaaat!

Thank you to Sonic Team for realizing our love of classic Badniks. You know they understand when they're giving Egg Pawns outfits too.

Yeah, this is going to be the best 3D Sonic game of all time. I mean, we've got a water level, classic badniks, 2D platforming, and Kung-Fu Sonic, I'm not sure what more we could ask for.

..........no monster of the week, plz? =3

Edited by EXshad

Everything about this game is perfect.

EVERYTHING.

For the first time in 16 years, Mario may very well be feeling threatened right now. (not that it matters now, but still... hehehehehe I'm so excited)

Yeah, this is going to be the best 3D Sonic game of all time. I mean, we've got a water level, classic badniks, 2D platforming, and Kung-Fu Sonic, I'm not sure what more we could ask for.

..for more characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow etc to be playable or at least to appear in the game. That's important for me.

I agree, the game looks neat though.

Edited by ArtFenix

Who is making this game? Every single person on the dev team must NOT be split up, just make them keep making more Sonic games. Sega have finally found the magic team to push out a golden egg! I don't even CARE that the 3D sections are incredibly linear and the controls are too much like Unleashed, this game can not possibly be BAD.

No matter how hard I try to think of a bad thing about this game, I simply can't think of anything. It only keeps getting better. The levels are so freaking original for a Sonic game, they've finally returned to badniks, but still kept Egg Pawns (which I love), they are finally utilizing power-ups to add to the gameplay for once, the plot sounds safe enough, they are finally giving Sonic some range in his movement, he can now WALK and JOG SLOWLY instead of going from 0-300 from tilting the control stick, and they are actually doing nostalgia right, i.e badniks in general, some resembling old badniks but still looking new. The only way this game could be better is if they implemented (better) physics and the spindash/rolling, but fuck why do I even care anymore this game is solid gold.

My friends, the impossible has happened, a 3D Sonic game is potentially going to be BETTER than a 2D Sonic game, and even more so, that 2D Sonic game is SONIC 4. 3D Sonic is growing up. ='D

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

...wait, what's that I hear?

Seriously guys, take a listen...

If you listen closely, you'll hear a faint snapping sound...

That, my friends, is the cycle being broken.

AWWW YEAH

• Thumbs Up 5

...wait, what's that I hear?

Seriously guys, take a listen...

If you listen closely, you'll hear a faint snapping sound...

That, my friends, is the cycle being broken.

AWWW YEAH

Hahah That made me ROFL, Indeed my friend! :lol:

Wii boss looks awesome. Submarine protected by Egg Sailors? B)

I see It but I cant believe it, Sonic underwater like never before!

Edited by Aries

I'm happy and sad at the same time; had I gotten access to the press site I could've gotten the shots, (I forgot today was the embargo lifting date!) but after my chat with Dread via PM, apologizing for my posting of the Planet Wisp shots (which he wasn't mad at me at all about! :)), he was concerned about folks breaking the embargo on this, and while he said Woun DIDN'T break it (or at least in a bad way) I would've respected his wishes and at least have asked him for permission.

Also, I liked being Mr. Popular. :(

The important thing is that everyone gets to see this great stuff and Dread's hard work gets to pay off. :)

Edited by Hero of Legend

I'm happy and sad at the same time; had I gotten access to the press site I could've gotten the shots, (I forgot today was the embargo lifting date!) but after my chat with Dread via PM, apologizing for my posting of the Planet Wisp shots (which he wasn't mad at me at all about! :)), he was concerned about folks breaking the embargo on this, and while he said Woun DIDN'T break it (or at least in a bad way) I would've respected his wishes and at least have asked him for permission.

Also, I liked being Mr. Popular. :(

The important thing is that everyone gets to see this great stuff and Dread's hard work gets to pay off. :)

Honestly, it's fine. Embargoes are embargoes. Some people will get to the punch before me (the way my work is done during the day means I can't get my previews out the door in the mornings, unfortunately). That's just how it goes. And my hard work does get to be paid off - I'm writing a preview for SPOnG right now to be published later this afternoon, and TSS is getting a lot of info after my work day's done. I know a few previews have gone out already today, but they barely touch on new stuff. ;) It'll be worth waiting for my preview.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woun can you stop linking directly to SEGA-Press? You're not actually supposed to be doing that I think...

Cheers.

Incidentally might be a Colours 7 today... currently begging for it to get looked at and approved before the whole point in doing them becomes negligable.

Y'know things'd be a lot easier if I didn't have to keep jumping through hoops left right and centre.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://sega-press.co...3wii_qua_49.jpg

Oops, forgot about that screenshot.

Well, it will be for you a bonus. :)

And this:

http://sega-press.co...ot_00000839.jpg

When I first say this I thought it was a chase boss, but then I scrolled down and noticed Sonics running away. Good. I'm not a fan of those chase bosses. Although, this guy looks sow awesomely designed, I wouldn't mind all too much. Like Dabnikz, I'm remined of SA, but of the part in Lost World, when you're chased by the rock Indy style.

Also, Samurai Pizza Cats Egg Pawns? And Crabmeats?! FUCKASADDSFAAWESOMEFDSG!

Edited by MarcelloF

Well then, looks like Sonic Colors is... B) ...blowing Sonic 4 out of the water.

YYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

In all seriousness, being able to go in water is one of the major things that the 3D Sonic games have been lacking for some time. It's really great to see it back. Now if we could just get some more rolling/pinball physics up in dis bitch we'd be all set.

Edited by Nomad_350
  • Thumbs Up 1