Awoo.

New Screnshots!

Woun

I'm not sure we should be getting worked up over "water level in 3D", as I can't spot an underwater 3D section in any of these shots. It's possible that only certain 2D sections have non-instant-death water, and hopping in anywhere else will get you killed. Which is still an improvement over Sonic reacting like the wicked witch of the west if he so much as gets his shoes wet, but not a full fix.

That aside, oh my god this game is awesome. This level is beautiful, and it looks fun as hell whether you're above the water or under it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 'Z' is actually plural. 'Z's. The Wisp in the corner is 'sleeping' - that's to tell you that you can't use the Wisp's power in the area you are currently playing in. For example, you can't use the Drill in the 3D segments at all.

@Diogenes: I don't recall any 3D areas underwater unfortunately (might be wrong - occupying myself with several things here and can't really remember) but most of the stages in that 'Zone' will feature vast 2D underwater areas. They are quite literally huge. Speaking of which, there are several stages that are very impressive in terms of level depth. You try using the Drill move in Tropical Resort Act... 3 (?). You just go down.... and down.... and down... and down...

• Thumbs Up 1

*looks at file name*

Oh it called Aquarium Park Zone then awesome name like it a lot :) all these screenshots makes me wanna buy the game now hurry up SEGA and release it XD.

If I recall, They aren't called "Zone". Which is really too bad, because "Tropical Resort Zone", "Sweet Mountain Zone, "Starlight Carnival Zone" and "Aquarium Park Zone" all sound really awesome.

"Planet Wisp Zone", not so much xD

The 'Z' is actually plural. 'Z's. The Wisp in the corner is 'sleeping' - that's to tell you that you can't use the Wisp's power in the area you are currently playing in. For example, you can't use the Drill in the 3D segments at all.

@Diogenes: I don't recall any 3D areas underwater unfortunately (might be wrong - occupying myself with several things here and can't really remember) but most of the stages in that 'Zone' will feature vast 2D underwater areas. They are quite literally huge. Speaking of which, there are several stages that are very impressive in terms of level depth. You try using the Drill move in Tropical Resort Act... 3 (?). You just go down.... and down.... and down... and down...

Hey, thanks for clearing that up. Lots of Drill in act 3? YES! Lots of water? YES!

Edited by Superstarsmasher

5008350334_2efae0eff3_o.jpg

(In Spoiler Tags due to size)

I just noticed that's the Gamecube analog stick! :lol:

This picture is just beautiful, by the way.

Edited by MarcelloF

New screen? O_o

wii_qua_52_med.jpgwii_qua_56_med.jpg

Oh, so they are. Good work, screenshot master.

Edited by Superstarsmasher

That looks awesome, with the cubes moving inside the blue rings, then jumping out to cover the ring when activated. That's what it looks like at least.

soniccolou335122l.jpg

No way......no freaking way.....is this what I truly think it is?

If so......

yes2.gif

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

So basically they put Chun-nan and Aquatic Base together and the bastard child turns out being an underwater level? I doubt the 3D portions will be in water due to control issues, much like how the drill power doesn't seem to work in 3D sections as of yet. That's still awesome that water finally isn't an instant death anymore, at least in this stage.

Edited by Tiller

Yesterday I said that Colors looks like the best Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I regret nothing.

You should regret wasting your breath with such a statement because the latest batch of screens pretty much makes that fact blatantly obvious. :P

Anyhoo, new stage looks great. Come to think of it, Dragon Road did have a good abundance of water hazards for a civilization stage (north of Adabat anyway) so I guess the motive fits.

... Is there anything the Drill Wisp can't do?

... Is there anything the Drill Wisp can't do?

Fly, that's what green Wisp is for. or stick to walls, like Pink Wisp. or turn blocks into rings and rings into blocks, like Blue Wisp. Or flying hundreds of feet into the air and then skydive, like Orange Wisp. Ir fire itself into any direction and reflect and bounce of surfaces, like Cyan Wisp.

/answered a theoretical question with a non-theoretical answer

I haven't commented, but you don't know how much I <3 this stage.

You should regret wasting your breath with such a statement because the latest batch of screens pretty much makes that fact blatantly obvious. :P

Well it only takes me like 3 seconds to type that out, but I guess I'm playing Captain Obvious either way. :lol:

I really hope this level has multiple routes: lower for underwater and higher ones above sea level. Not sure why, but I can't get enough of Hydrocity zone because of that split, and being able to shake up my pace at will.

Yeah, this is going to be the best 3D Sonic game of all time. I mean, we've got a water level, classic badniks, 2D platforming, and Kung-Fu Sonic, I'm not sure what more we could ask for.

Do I even have to say what could be asked for at this point?

That was kinda the point of my statement ;) lol

As all three Advances and Both Rushes show, killing off the monster of the week does not automatically grant you a fully usable Super Sonic =P

All this stuff is pretty awesome and this game looks to be like a day one purchase. Loving the badniks a lot.

I do hope they will be a harm at least, from what ive seen so far about the game, enemies dont show any harm at all, I hope the badniks arent just there for backlash or nostalgia.

Edited by Jaouad

All this stuff is pretty awesome and this game looks to be like a day one purchase. Loving the badniks a lot.

I do hope they will be a harm at least, from what ive seen so far about the game, enemies dont show any harm at all, I hope the badniks arent just there for backlash or nostalgia.

I think some enemies are fine. Some are too simple, ala' the basic Egg Pawn. However other Badnik types pose greater threats. We have the Buzz Bombers that fire projectiles at you in 2D. We have the Burrowbot enemies to get you in the drilling sections, the pink ones can get you from behind while they also are often packed with a very tough giant purple one you need to avoid. We have some enemies in the 2.5D sections as part of the backdrop, Egg Pawn's shooting with guns as well as attacking you from the backdrop where you can't get them. There is more we don't know or seen them in action yet. I worry about enemies being useless too, but I think we'll be fine.

New sccreen? O_o

wii_qua_52_med.jpgwii_qua_56_med.jpg

From the looks of the url there may be larger versions of these shots. think anyone can take a look around?...

Augh, it does seem to be like chun-nan/Spagonia sections/Water zone.

The hell did we not get these awesome textures and level in SU Wii? :o

Augh, it does seem to be like chun-nan/Spagonia sections/Water zone.

The hell did we not get these awesome textures and level in SU Wii? :o

Because it was a crappy cop-out port. they barely tried to make SU work on the wii.