Awoo.

[Artwork] Inferno's Art & Comics *currently under heavy reconstruction due to the server wipe*

Ferno

The cityscape looks really great and in perspective, did you draw that freehand or with reference?  Doesn't matter either way, it's great.

Ash and Serena look really great too, Ash in particular has an awesomely structured pose, there's a great flow to it.

Also adore the ginger haired character design.  Putting them side by side really shows how much you've improved while still keeping your style for your original character, that's really really cool.  Btw no promises but can I draw her if the mood takes me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a little jealous. :< Nice work, you've improved a lot. Hoping to play catch up to you, *inadvertently making you a rival lolz*.

This is gonna sound weird, but I love how you drew the hands on Serena.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

The cityscape looks really great and in perspective, did you draw that freehand or with reference?  Doesn't matter either way, it's great.

Ash and Serena look really great too, Ash in particular has an awesomely structured pose, there's a great flow to it.

Also adore the ginger haired character design.  Putting them side by side really shows how much you've improved while still keeping your style for your original character, that's really really cool.  Btw no promises but can I draw her if the mood takes me.

I drew it freehand, though even though I had no ruler, I did use stuff like vanishing points to keep things looking as ok as I could get them.

Thanks, alot of times I like to try drawing characters in exciting poses, and alot of the time, even if they're standing still, I still want some kind of "motion" otherwise I tend to get bored and take forever to finish. =p

Also yeah, I like her too. =p Blenda is currently one of my favorite characters to draw and her design is the closest to being "final." She's the wildcard of the group, the sorta crazy one, (which is why her pupils are always so much smaller compared to the other characters around her, makes her appear to be always on edge, always on the brink of doing something,) though I wanted to draw her with more of a down-to-earth expression in that recent drawing. And yes you have my permission =p.

I'm a little jealous. :< Nice work, you've improved a lot. Hoping to play catch up to you, *inadvertently making you a rival lolz*.

This is gonna sound weird, but I love how you drew the hands on Serena.

It's funny because there's quite a few on here who I consider friendly rivals in a sense. =p I respect them alot and they give me the motivation to move forward. Nothing wrong with that though, as it's just added determination as we all grow and get better together.

And yeah, at first I wasn't gonna attempt her hands as I've never drawn hands running through hair like that before, but with all that hair I was like "she's just gotta be running her fingers through that hair, it's too glorious." =p The other hand was sort of a "well I already did one, might as well do both" sorta thing, and I was able to add a Pokeball as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been loving these, it usually feels too far and between when you post art so its been wondrous.  8D  Love WFT, Luigi and Call a lot, and Luigi gets great respect from me coz I swear them Mario Bros are so hard to draw IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey dude, I know I don't really post much in here but your art has improved leaps and bounds lately dude. It's been cool to see your improvements over time. Keep it up man, keep going!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey dude, I know I don't really post much in here but your art has improved leaps and bounds lately dude. It's been cool to see your improvements over time. Keep it up man, keep going!!

Thanks man, that means alot to me, as your stuff is really inspiring to me and has been for well, years now actually, even though it only feels like months. I remember a few years back, maybe 2011 or so, seeing your stuff for the first time among other's stuff here and elsewhere since then, and it all really pushed me to wanna do better than what I was doing at the time, and still does.

• Thumbs Up 1

CoatGirl2editr_zps0958cb1c.png

I do genuinely try my best to prove that I care about art outside of sexy things but STILL this is awesome and gorgeous and prolly my fave pic you've done.  Such a lovely flow to the body while the swooshy outfit contrasts to it on the outside.  Awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another small update, though I'm trying to get into the habit of updating more.

Chili20132_zpsaff41af9.png

I still have no real plans for this character, but she's always pretty fun for me to draw, and one of my favorite original characters, or atleast, of the one's I've shown so far anyway. As she's sort of my go-to character for testing out new techniques and brushing up on old ones, I felt like dusting her off and giving her an upgrade applying several techniques I've taught myself or picked up over the months:

tumblr_mtaxmnFNGU1rk4i5co1_500.png

I really wanted to focus on making this a high-quality pic, or atleast to the best of my current ability, by applying several techniques I've picked up but often skip or use sparingly due to time/ attention-span restraints. Wanted her to look energetic, and I notice that I don't draw toothy smiles much these days so I added that too, as well as more detail to her face. Pretty satisfied with how it came out. (so satisfied that I made it an avatar but yeah)

• Thumbs Up 6

That character reminds me of someone who goes to my school. Hmm. Your work is improving a lot. Your anatomy needs just a bit more work, but your colors and style are eye candy.

• Thumbs Up 1

That character reminds me of someone who goes to my school. Hmm. Your work is improving a lot. Your anatomy needs just a bit more work, but your colors and style are eye candy.

Thanks bro. There are times when I tend to exaggerate things for the sake of it, often to suggest motion even if a character is standing still, or other things, but I still wanna get better at drawing things more realistically if I wanted too. Alot of times after I'm done with a pic I start noticing anatomy issues here and there that weren't intended, and I'm like "eh, I'll get it right next time." Alot of what I've learned on that front so far was literally just from observation, teaching myself and tons of trial and error so far, and my stuff now compared to years ago is alot better, though I do plan on getting more into tutorials and books and stuff on that subject pretty soon.

As for the colors, thanks again. Alot of the time when coloring, especially characters, be it my own or others, and when I wanna be detailed, I have the mindset that I want them to look as if they were in an animated movie, or on a promotional poster or something, with all the bells and whistles shading wise. Other times I use flatter colors and less detail as if the character was on a regular animated TV show, and most times it's something in between depending on my mood and energy level that particular day.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish you goodluck in this project. And holy shit, is she driving a motorcycle... on the side... OF A BUILDING!?

Yeah. Logic's really gonna be taking a backseat in this project. I sorta just wanna cut loose, go wild and have fun with this. The plot of the story surrounds drawings that come to life.

Edit: another pic:

ProjectBlendpromooneeditr_zpsb054b90b.pn

That girl there is the "motorcycle's" regular form.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yeah. Logic's really gonna be taking a backseat in this project. I sorta just wanna cut loose, go wild and have fun with this. The plot of the story surrounds drawings that come to life.

Please be better than Chalk Zone. biggrin.png It alreayd looks kickass.

Edited by Mr. J
  • Thumbs Up 1

See I was really looking forward to Frieda but this sounds friggin' awesome too.  The character designs are great and I adore the blend of the digital elements and the pencil-esque elements, gives a really cool and unique impression.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lol that's punny. I was browsing through your Deviantart too btw, I still remember that Chris Thorndyke drawing you did "I'm rich Bitch" XD. And btw I'm watching you on DA now, BlazedSilencer.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1