Awoo.

[Artwork] Inferno's Art & Comics *currently under heavy reconstruction due to the server wipe*

Ferno

Just a look at some of the stuff I've done in my absence. Luckily I had the opening recorded off-sceen on my 3DS, and I've used that for reference on the colors of the frames since I had no access to Youtube the past couple of weeks. Since most of the frames are drawn already, I've mostly been coloring, which is always the most tedious and time consuming part of any of my projects. This stage tests my patience (and sanity) the most, and I usually save most of the coloring work for 2nd to last. (the last stage after this, is making the paper-cutout props for the more complex scenes.)

SDC11340.jpg?t=1331126136SDC11325.jpg

SDC11326.jpg?t=1331125932SDC11327.jpg?t=1331125987

SDC11332.jpg?t=1331126012SDC11333.jpg?t=1331126028

SDC11335.jpg?t=1331126079SDC11336.jpg?t=1331126099SDC11338.jpg?t=1331126117

SDC11342.jpg

SDC11343.jpg

SDC11345.jpg

In the last shots you can see how I do most of the frames. Ever since Naruto Parody, I've been drawing a grid pattern for my frames rather than simply drawing boxes, which takes far less time considering I like to make atleast ten pages of grids at a time. They can range from 2, 4, 8, or 10 per page, depending on the level of detail needed. Also, because the drawings are so small, I have to minimize any mistakes I make, because they're magnified in the final video. Also, the last pic is most of the frames of the fight sequence. Took a day to sketch, took a day to ink, and I have no idea how long it'll take to color. May be the last scene I tackle. (I don't do the sequences in order)

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

This may be your hardest project yet. All the more hyped for it.

How many pages of paper have ya used so far? And what do ya color with? =P

Haven't counted the pages, but I do know that it's a stack about half an inch thick or more, I'd guess about anywhere from 30-40 pages, considering I'm using sketchbook paper rather than regular paper, as I've used for most of my projects so far.

And I'm coloring it with standard crayola colored pencils.

Ah, what's the most ya ever used on a project? One of the Naruto Parodies? We Are Opening 10?

Damn. o3o

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haven't counted the pages, but I do know that it's a stack about half an inch thick or more, I'd guess about anywhere from 30-40 pages, considering I'm using sketchbook paper rather than regular paper, as I've used for most of my projects so far.

And I'm coloring it with standard crayola colored pencils.

Ah, what's the most ya ever used on a project? One of the Naruto Parodies? We Are Opening 10?

Damn. o3o

Probably my last update on this project before the final completed video:

SDC11413.jpg?t=1331562864SDC11404.jpg?t=1331562483SDC11405.jpg?t=1331562561SDC11406.jpg?t=1331562596SDC11407.jpg?t=1331562616SDC11408.jpg?t=1331562650

SDC11409.jpg?t=1331562705SDC11411.jpg?t=1331562728SDC11412.jpg?t=1331562762

SDC11403.jpg?t=1331561975

The boys are back in town.

Funfact: Sanji's face in his shot is a reference to this emoticon --> sanjiicon.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Dangit Eddy- I didn't post it here because I wasn't trying to show it off yet, as I'm not ready to call it done. ;w;

I'll probably finish the extra polish in less than a week though, I recently got my hands on some coffee again so I can fire on all cylinders and really push it up to 11, or atleast as close to 11 as I can make it. :V

Edited by Inferno

Dangit Eddy- I didn't post it here because I wasn't trying to show it off yet, as I'm not ready to call it done. ;w;

.....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sorry. ;;

Ah, the power of coffee triumphs again! :D Though have fun with the polish. =P

Edited by Dark Pit

The finished video. To be honest I could definitely see myself giving this another week of work, but I just couldn't push anymore past what I've already done, and corrected. Notable changes to the previous "final" vid include some reworked frame animations, retaken frames altogether, and going back and adding extra color saturation to every single frame, for added vibrancy. And, as a random whim I had, I used my keyboard that's collecting dust in our house to add the melody from We Are into the music track near the end of the song at the very last minute.

For comparison, here's the "finished" video from last week:

Technically this thing was done, but I was disappointed with how it looked, especially with the colors, so I called it "95% complete," and took an extra week to retool it and make the final version seen above.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be taking a break while I plan future vids.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Probably the last thing I'll do with this video before moving on to others, but I've recently combined my animation with MidiguyDP's brilliant fandub:

[media=]

*Note the Funimation OP logo I added in, it's my way of saying, "This is as good as an official dub." =)

Itching to start another project, but I have to devote more time to each one each time. I predict that my next one could take 2 months if I go all-out, maybe longer since I wanna incorporate Flash in some shape or form, as I see that I've probably reached a plateau in terms of quality with my current methods and the only improvement from here would be to move on to making hand drawn/flash hybrid videos.

Though I've actually been toying with the concept for awhile now:

1Hybriddrawing.jpg
Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Not making any promises yet, but since a few weeks ago, I've had recurring vague ideas for a webcomic series for awhile now. The more I think about it, the more it seems like a good idea. First off, I'd hopefully get some recognition built up before starting my big graphic novel project, and second, like with my animations, I would get tons of drawing practice done on a constant basis in the process, before starting on my "main" project which is what everything I've been drawing for the past 3 years has been building up to practice-wise.

Right now this idea is basically treading water between becoming a reality or not as I'm trying to come up with the setting and characters right now, but I'd want it to be a comedic series that's pretty much a fun romp and a blast to read.

The setting would pretty much follow the life of a girl who works at a fast food joint and puts up with her co-workers/friends antics on a regular basis, some more zany than others. I got the idea for this concept when I thought I had nabbed a McDonalds job before the manager changed his mind at the last second. >-> I would've used said job to harvest my daily experiences from for this series, but I guess I can't do that now. Despite this, I think I'll be sticking with the fast food store setting anyway because I just got too attached to the character to give up on her or her potential story. Should I continue to flesh out this idea, I'll probably give myself up until the start of next year to develop the world, characters and plot before ever putting pencil to paper on the first page. (I'm a plan-o-holic, and have to systematically plan out everything..)

Beholdeth:

FriedaTeaserPoster3.jpg?t=1341096050

*Character design, series name, and other descriptions not final. Not sure whether webcomic makers use their regular names or internet names on their work, but I may just go with both depending on the situation.

• Thumbs Up 7

This idea sounds AWESOME. I remember when I went to work for McDonald's in 2007, I wanted to make something revolving around this crude tool they had for smashing down garbage. It literally was just this metal pole with a diamond-shaped thing with a plus in the center at the end of it made with more metal poles XD. I dubbed it the "McGarbage Smasher" and thought of some crazy guy using it as a weapon. Never did anything with it and never will, but yeah, /storytime.

I'm sure you'll pull this off great though, and it's always good have these kinda things to practice for the bigger projects later. If you ever want any McDonald's stories from a guy that worked there and hated it to work off of, I could always tell you a few stories XD.

• Thumbs Up 2

More character designs of the as-of-now main cast, Frieda's two best friends, and their boss:

Berg1.jpg?t=1341180333Sodie1.jpg?t=1341180281Bill1.jpg?t=1341180302

*appearances and names not final.

Really getting into this now.

Edit, group shot:

FriedaPoster1.jpg?t=1341209644

Yeah, I love these guys now. My babies. ;u;

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

More character designs of the as-of-now main cast, Frieda's two best friends, and their boss:

Berg1.jpg?t=1341180333Sodie1.jpg?t=1341180281Bill1.jpg?t=1341180302

*appearances and names not final.

Really getting into this now.

Ha, he looks like a Bill. tongue.png

Yeah, =p his name sort of came to me after drawing him. The other's name's are puns of what you usually get with a fast food meal, the Burger, Fries, and soda/other drink.

Another girl character name though really lame probably would be Cola tongue.png

That would probably be too obvious. tongue.png Though I'm still playing around with all their names.

Edited by Inferno

Yeah, =p his name sort of came to me after drawing him. The other's name's are puns of what you usually get with a fast food meal, the Burger, Fries, and soda/other drink.

Did a few rough draft-y pages to sorta get a feel for the setting and get some practice in. Things are still being developed so this scenario could change in the future.

Friedaroughpage1.jpg

Friedaroughpage2.jpg

Yeah, there's probably gonna be some crazy stuff. How crazy though is still being determined.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back, with lots more art, drawn over the past few days. Here's more of the cast, as well as a few pieces where I practice digital coloring.

Sal1.jpg?t=1343719859SDC12438-1.jpg?t=1343719388SDC12441.jpg?t=1343719294SDC12443.jpg?t=1343719394SDC12444.jpg?t=1343719340SDC12446.jpg?t=1343719378SDC12449.jpg?t=1343719417SDC12450.jpg?t=1343719354

*as stated before, character names and appearances aren't set in stone and could change.

FriedaVector3.png?t=1343719715SeanPonycolored.png?t=1343719754

FriedaLogoupgrade.png?t=1343719814

BillyHatcher2.png?t=1343719791

• Thumbs Up 5

• 4 weeks later...

Can't stay for long, but just an update on my progress.

I've been without internet for a few weeks now, and so I've literally had nothing to do but develop my webcomic day in and day out. During this time I've developed my character's personalities, played around with ideas for the setting and plot, worked on digital coloring some more, and I've been tweaking their looks and experimenting with different looks for each character, though Frieda herself has gone through the most amount changes, as I'm currently undecided on what I want her final look to be. This is why I keep saying that the character's appearances aren't final.

DifferentFriedas.png?t=1346005092

Some more concepts for Frieda. Right now I'm working on making a design that falls somewhere between the second and third. As of now, Frieda is 21 years old, and she has a rather strong-willed personality. These are the two things I'm trying to keep in mind as I make new designs.

FriedaSodiecolored.png?t=1346004997

Just some coloring practice. Frieda's design in this pic falls under the second one in the first pic.

Salveccolored.png?t=1346004966

Another pic of Sal, showing her calm nature.

Blendaveccolored.png?t=1346005279

Another pic of Blenda. She's pretty much the wildcard of the group. I also just wanted to draw her holding a dangerous object.

BillandRob.png?t=1346005369

Bill, Rob, and an as-of-now un-revealed machine that they built together. This is one of the many concepts I have in mind. Some may make it in, others may not, but we'll see, as I'm still working on the plot.

Frieda4colored.png?t=1346005046

Drew this last night. This is Frieda's outfit when not at work. This design is a slightly modified version of the third Frieda design in the first pic.

These were all drawn and inked on paper, then colored digitally, as I still don't have my tablet.

More to come as development continues.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

Back again, but again, not for long. I have moar. I'm still experimenting with different art styles and proportions. I drew the characters really big this time around, taking up most of the pages I drew them on, which is different from my usual drawing methods where I usually draw things smaller to save time, space, and paper. I used up alot of ink though, both my new pens are nearly dry. ;w; (still don't have my tablet, I did the line art on paper again.)

Frieda5colored.png?t=1346286703Bevriveccolored.png?t=1346286779

Bergveccolored.png?t=1346286801Billveccolored.png?t=1346286760

FriedaLogo2.png?t=1346287150

Still stuck at my aunt's house. Once I land a job though, I should be able to move into a nearby apartment, and at that point I should get all my art supplies (and furniture) back. Expect more art (original and fan-art) when that happens. The internet's still down too, so again I'm sorry that I can't be on as much as I want too, I'm currently at a bookstore, mooching off their wifi for awhile.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

Another girl character name though really lame probably would be Cola tongue.png

Hey!

Also 'Ferno, for the record, this looks great. Can't wait to see more!

Hey!

Also 'Ferno, for the record, this looks great. Can't wait to see more!

Looool. :v But thanks man. Also, I'm thinking of going with something like "Beverie" now. Think of the word "Beverage" but cut in half.

Edited by Inferno