Awoo.

Mighty the Armadillo

Vulpine

He's yellow. The silver in SA2 was for some sort of Dreamcast problem. In '06 and Shadow he's yellow.

Actually, that SA2 image there is pretty damn accurate to today, minus the shortened stripe.

AssetSupShadKey.jpg

Wikipedia calls this ugly ass color Flavescent. It's only a value or two off from being beige. Granted, it's a shade of yellow, but to call it yellow is oversimplifying it. A lot.

And did I even mention differently colored eyes?

Come on bro, that's WEAK reasoning XD. Everyone had black eyes back then. If you count the comics, Mighty has blue eyes these days. =P

I have no qualms with Mighty personally, and I actually quite like him visually, but let's be honest, what would he bring to the franchise that another character can't already do ten times better...?

Fang has potential to be brought back because he's like the badass that Shadow and Rouge were before they turned sissy (he is a treasure hunting pseudo-villain has no alignment to any side or character but himself). The only worry I'd have is that they'd do what they've done with every other animal rival Sonic has had (Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Silver, Blaze, etc.) and have him repent, learn his lessons or befriend the heroes at the end of the game he is introduced in, which would of course be a complete injustice to what his character is implied to be; a total ass.

Bean and Bark even have more potential than Mighty due to their vastly different appearances and their implied personalities/skills from the comics. Mighty simply doesn't have any neccessary purpose these days, and that's that.

Personally, I can see why they don't bring characters back more often - all of the deadbeat characters are gone for good reason, as most of them were pretty redundant anyway. Mighty and Ray were Sonic ripoffs for SegaSonic. Bean, Honey and Bark were filler for Fighters. Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll were filler "robot versions" of existing Sonic R characters. There were other characters as well like the witch from that Tails game, but they're too crap and obscure to even bother. Last but not least, E-102 died so he ain't coming back.

The only scrapped character that COULD be of any value is Fang/Nack, and even then SEGA would probably botch his revival. Dead characters are probably better off that way.

Who here said that the Chaotix were one-dimensional? You bastard! Just take a look at Vector's animations in the game and you'll see the error of your ways. The Chaotix had more depth in their own game than they ever did in Sonic Heroes.

Oh right, I can't believe you're all arguing over this. I can't be bothered to read absolutely everything, but some of you guys better cut it out with your more sarcastic/argumentative tones.

Never underestimate the power of being classic!

There is NO power in being a classic character. None whatsoever.

The only "power" in it is to segregate the so called "shitty" characters from the "good" ones despite them having the same problems. It's another way for someone to show favoritism in one bad character and condemn another one.

I think it's pretty relevant. For one classic characters have their fan base, if all everyone's saying is true;

Yeah, so do the newer "shitty" characters, and much bigger ones to boot.

that it doesn't matter about having someone like a revamped Mighty return or a new character - then why not be in favor of the classic character?

Probably because some of them don't really have much to bring to the series that the other characters could already provide. The only thing going for Mighty at this point is his shell, and who knows what could come out of that without actually using the character?

Older characters have their fan bases so already by reintroducing said character back they already have instant followers who don't need to be won over by the new character.

But they're going to have other people not in their fanbases who WILL have to be won over. It's no different from any other character, from Cream the Rabbit to Tails.

Thirdly as a "classic character returning" it would cop alot less hassle from critics and fans.

The hell it won't. Critics barely even know of this character being a classic in the first place; the only games that register well to them are those on the Genesis.

Introducing Mighty is, to them, the same as making a new character, and needless to say they're not going to take that with any decent criticism due to Shitty Friends Syndrome being rampant throughout the media.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If they were to bring back Mighty, I doubt they would change his design a little bit or add him some new powers, just to make him unique from the hedgehog characters. I mean, they already turned Espio into a ninja and gave Vector a bubble gum attack (Fire breath in some cases) in Sonic Heroes, so a change in Mighty wouldn't be surprising.

Who here said that the Chaotix were one-dimensional? You bastard! Just take a look at Vector's animations in the game and you'll see the error of your ways. The Chaotix had more depth in their own game than they ever did in Sonic Heroes.

I never said anyone but Mighty was one-dimensional.

The rest of them were seriously neat to just watch in gameplay, but Mighty doesn't really even do anything special.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth

Who here said that the Chaotix were one-dimensional? You bastard! Just take a look at Vector's animations in the game and you'll see the error of your ways.

Out of context maybe? I was saying if Mighty was one-dimensional, then the Chaotix are one-dimensional too. Only no one cares because they were fun in Heroes. Therefore - bring Mighty back and he'll be fun. The Chaotix is incomplete to me without the 'dillo.

You say shit like this, and then you have the balls to accuse Nathan of trolling?

Yeah I do in fact. See what I said, however snarky I said it, was to prove a point. The point being saying "I can sprite, so I know Mighty was lazy" is pretty redundant because technology was different back then. Of course there are many other things you can factor in too such as development time, perhaps the makers of Knuckles Chaotix were rushed for time? These are all things that contribute so you could not possibly claim that Mighty is shit just because his sprites are lazy.

Was he there at the time? Does he have the technology and limitations that were factors of the original? No.

His statement on the other hand is a blatant attempt to incite anger from any Mighty fans by saying an inflammatory statement that has no argumentative purpose other than to try and annoy, which is the definition a being a troll if I'm not mistaken.

And if that isn't even enough he's even confessed himself to being a troll!

What more do you want!?

You seem about as ignorant to his trolling as he is being about Mighty being original.

How is this rational:

Myself: Mighty has a pointy nose.

Him: Pointy noses don't count, but Shadow isn't a clone cause he has slighlty pointy edges to his eyes.

Myself: Ok, Mighty has a different skin pigment.

Him: Palette swap. Doesn't count. But Shadow has different coloured eyes to Sonic so his face isn't a clone of Sonic's like Mighty's is, also Silver's Super form is unique because he turns yellow like Sonic does, gets red eyes like Sonic does, but his chest fur changes colour.

Myself: Mighty has a unique body.

Him: They are just replacing all of Sonic's spikes with a shell.

Myself: So...having an almost half different styled body doesn't count also?

Him: No.

Sonic, only black/red and with his spikes smoothed out. Identical facial structure, identical body structure and close enough in design that he was inserted in a game by editing Sonic sprites.

"Oh, whoops. While putting the finishing touches on my drawing of Sonic, I extended one of Sonic's spikes too far down his body."

"Don't worry about it. Just extend the thing all the way down. We can call it a new character!"

Wow, it's like a sea of delusion. You two can go ahead being deluded and believng that if you want.

Using that same logic Amy is just Sonic only whilst drawing the spikes I stopped early and decided to colour him pink.

He's never even talked I don't think.

Gee I didn't know characters had to have talked to be good?

I guess that means all those classic games with non-talking Sonic were pretty shit then? Somebody better go call the Legend of Zelda fanbase and tell them to abandon ship as their main character doesn't talk and therefore sucks.

Nack has personality, he had it in the games he appeared in and if used properly in modern times could be a really great recurring minor villain, something the series hasn't got alot of.

Then why do you give a shit.

Because when I see stupid arguments with hardly any basis then I will speak up. I am not a huge Mighty fan, sure I would love to see him return, I'd love to see any classic character return, but if Mighty could do it then it gives me hope for Nack to do it aswell.

Plus I'd much rather have Mighty who is unique to the series in looks and in being an Armadillo then have some new character "Hedgehog-again-the-hedgehog-again-with-copied-super-form".

Fact is I give a shit because I can't see any rational reason for the Mighty hate, and people bashing on Mighty will make it even less likely for his return to ever happen.

There is NO power in being a classic character. None whatsoever.

The power of the classic fan backing them! Plus I wouldn't underestimate the critics knowledge of this kind of stuff.

Yeah, so do the newer "shitty" characters, and much bigger ones to boot.

The newer characters wouldn't have had any fans off the bat though, zero fans until the time they were announced/played/became known and so the fans they have and they colleceted came after they became known.

Classic characters have their fans, and whilst they may not be as numerous as some of the newer characters that's only because they haven't had the chance. Release a classic character and they'll already have fans, then like the newer characters they will collect even more fans due to exposure.

Seems like logic to me to start a character off with a bit of a head start in fans.

Probably because some of them don't really have much to bring to the series that the other characters could already provide. The only thing going for Mighty at this point is his shell, and who knows what could come out of that without actually using the character?

I will admit that as far as the classic characters go Mighty has one of the smaller uses (Ok well maybe not as little as Ray or Bomb and Heavy; Omega's ancestors personality-wise) but there is still a use for Mighty.

More characters, unique ones like Mighty, are a good thing I think. Critics and people are always gonna bitch, "shitty friend syndrome" shouldn't be a deterant. Are these the people that really delve into and love the Sonic series? Not really.

I say adding Mighty for a minor role would be good. Something like having him for a bit in Sonic Chronicles would've been good - and really what harm is there in having a large cast?

You don't hear people endlessly bitching that Mario has too many characters; why do they need to have Waluigi, he's just a ripooff of Luigi, why do we need a baby Bowser - ripoff, why do we have a Princess Daisy she has no use!

It seems like double standards that the Mario series can get away with so many characters, ones who seemingly have no use or are unoriginal, yet the Sonic series can't.

But they're going to have other people not in their fanbases who WILL have to be won over. It's no different from any other character, from Cream the Rabbit to Tails.

So? A newer character would still have to go through all the same rigmarole, the only difference here is that the classic character starts off with a fanbase - so already has some fans won over and then will have to try win more. All this means is that the classic character starts off with a bit of a leg-up on the new character. I can't how this is at all bad?

The hell it won't. Critics barely even know of this character being a classic in the first place; the only games that register well to them are those on the Genesis.

Introducing Mighty is, to them, the same as making a new character, and needless to say they're not going to take that with any decent criticism due to Shitty Friends Syndrome being rampant throughout the media.

As I said before I think you underestimate the critics.

Let's face it, you have something against the classic characters and I am pretty biased for their return.

It's a classic (if you'll excuse the pun) argument of classic fanboy vs modern fanboy. So how about we leave it at you'd prefer them to make newer characters and I'd prefer them to revamp the oldies?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Yeah I do in fact. See what I said, however snarky I said it, was to prove a point. The point being saying "I can sprite, so I know Mighty was lazy" is pretty redundant because technology was different back then.

This would be true if I used Photoshop or something newer tech, but it doesn't get much lower than MSpaint.

What, you think there's separate hexadecimal for every damn pixel?

Of course there are many other things you can factor in too such as development time, perhaps the makers of Knuckles Chaotix were rushed for time? These are all things that contribute so you could not possibly claim that Mighty is shit just because his sprites are lazy.

If they were rushed for time, they would have left Sonic in there, they already had all the damn sprites.

Was he there at the time? Does he have the technology and limitations that were factors of the original? No.

Does it matter? It couldn't have been that difficult no matter what. Unless they really did do it through hex and then that's just a waste of time.

Also I'm pretty sure it's impossible. Dunno for sure. I don't think anyone ever tried.

You seem about as ignorant to his trolling as he is being about Mighty being original.

if Mighty is original, how the hell can you say that Shadow, a character that actually isn't a total Sonic clone, is not original again?

How is this rational:

Myself: Mighty has a pointy nose.

Him: Pointy noses don't count, but Shadow isn't a clone cause he has slighlty pointy edges to his eyes.

Because eyes and the nose are two different things. Even in spiriting. If I wanted to make Shadow's eyes on Sonic's head, then I would have to reshape them entirely.

If I wanted to give Sonic Mighty's nose, you add two pixels onto the end.

The difference is that one will take three minutes and the other will take three seconds.

Myself: Ok, Mighty has a different skin pigment.

Him: Palette swap. Doesn't count. But Shadow has different coloured eyes to Sonic so his face isn't a clone of Sonic's like Mighty's is, also Silver's Super form is unique because he turns yellow like Sonic does, gets red eyes like Sonic does, but his chest fur changes colour.

When did I use eye color? Like at all? You keep pulling that out but I never mentioned it at all.

I have the feeling you're just yelling and not even playing attention anymore.

Myself: Mighty has a unique body.

Him: They are just replacing all of Sonic's spikes with a shell.

How is the shell part of his body? it just hangs off of his head. It's not attached to his back even.

And yeah, that is literally what they did.

Myself: So...having an almost half different styled body doesn't count also?

Him: No.

Replacing one aspect of a character?

yeah we don't have that in recolors that are bashed constantly at all.

Wow, it's like a sea of delusion. You two can go ahead being deluded and believng that if you want.

Using that same logic Amy is just Sonic only whilst drawing the spikes I stopped early and decided to colour him pink.

But that was what Amy originally was. And for a good reason even, she was Sonic's female opposite. She was pink, he was blue. She was helpless, he was a hero. She wore a dress, he let it all hang out (oh god why did I even use that)

Mighty doesn't have a story excuse even.

Gee I didn't know characters had to have talked to be good?

Usually makes them inferior to the ones that talk yeah.

I guess that means all those classic games with non-talking Sonic were pretty shit then?

In terms of characterization? Fuck yeah. Until Sonic 3, which did a lot through interactions, but still had next to no character development in any direction.

Somebody better go call the Legend of Zelda fanbase and tell them to abandon ship as their main character doesn't talk and therefore sucks.

The only time I ever though Link was anything more than a faceless avatar was Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

Just like Gordon Freeman, he's there for no other reason but so you can pretend he's you. He's supposed to feel what you feel and such. Fang isn't a playable character and doesn't have that helping him.

Nack has personality, he had it in the games he appeared in and if used properly in modern times could be a really great recurring minor villain, something the series hasn't got alot of.

Eggman is a pretty minor villain, thems monsters got some trouble from him.

hurhurhurhurhur

no seriously though I only remember Fang in like a few spots in... i think Special Stages? In the Game Gear games even. He just kinda laughed and ran away or something.

He doesn't even leave an impression.

Not a very good villain.

Because when I see stupid arguments with hardly any basis then I will speak up.

You're not good at knowing what a basis is are you. Because it's like, fucking everywhere, on every side.

I am not a huge Mighty fan, sure I would love to see him return, I'd love to see any classic character return, but if Mighty could do it then it gives me hope for Nack to do it aswell.

Pre-conventional thinking much? If you don't really care about Mighty then you shouldn't care if he's a ripoff (he is) or not.

Plus I'd much rather have Mighty who is unique to the series in looks and in being an Armadillo then have some new character "Hedgehog-again-the-hedgehog-again-with-copied-super-form"

"Hey! I'd rather have a clone of Sonic that is actually less varied than Shadow! Better than another Hedgehog!"

You do know there are like, only four hedgehogs. And only one was recently introduced. The rest are old.

Hell, soon here, Shadow will technically be a classic character.

Fact is I give a shit because I can't see any rational reason for the Mighty hate, and people bashing on Mighty will make it even less likely for his return to ever happen.

I don't hate Mighty. But I hate the idea of him returning. He's worthless and only serves in places where Sonic needs a clone. If he came back as a skin in Color's multiplayer or something, who gives a shit. I don't want him back as a "new" character, because he's still just fucking Sonic.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't want him back as a "new" character, because he's still just fucking Sonic.

Sonic was not part of the Chaotix. Sonic was not in the game, he was in the prototype. The Chaotix are back. Mighty is missing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic was not part of the Chaotix. Sonic was not in the game, he was in the prototype. The Chaotix are back. Mighty is missing.

That doesn't make him any less Sonic. That's literally just a statement of fact, not even an argument. If you just care about having a "full" Chaotix team, then why even bother?

Hell, we hardly even see the Chaotix any more. They were gone after ShTH.

The power of the classic fan backing them! Plus I wouldn't underestimate the critics knowledge of this kind of stuff.

Which is no more powerful than the power of a modern fan backing a modern character. And the critics barely even know about and likely do not care about any of the other classic character except Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and they even complain about latter two as well at times.

The newer characters wouldn't have had any fans off the bat though, zero fans until the time they were announced/played/became known and so the fans they have and they colleceted came after they became known.

The only reason that is the case is because Sonic Team had a habit of making character after character without fleshing out all the other ones decent enough to warmly welcome any new addition. It's more of a quality issue than anything else, starting with the current cast before said new character is introduced.

And honestly, it's no different when in Mighty's case either. You wouldn't have known about him until after he was announced/played/became known in Knuckles Chaotix, so that's kinda moot point.

Classic characters have their fans, and whilst they may not be as numerous as some of the newer characters that's only because they haven't had the chance. Release a classic character and they'll already have fans, then like the newer characters they will collect even more fans due to exposure.

The problem is how you make the character to begin with, and how you apply changes to them that would sit well with the fans, and even the principle hero Sonic isn't exempt from that.

If the character doesn't have a decent start off, it doesn't matter how many fans there are to back him up. Mighty has been in the scrapped bin of the series for so long that he needs a new start off and that's practically the same as making a new character, albeit with only a familiar skin.

Seems like logic to me to start a character off with a bit of a head start in fans.

Or you could make a new character. Really, that all depends on how Sonic Team wants to take it.

I will admit that as far as the classic characters go Mighty has one of the smaller uses (Ok well maybe not as little as Ray or Bomb and Heavy; Omega's ancestors personality-wise) but there is still a use for Mighty.

Which is a big problem for Mighty. Honestly, Big and Cream has much better uses as separate characters than Mighty, which means that something drastic and DECENT would need to be done in order to bring him back into the fray as a well developed character. Otherwise, you're running into a brick wall here.

More characters, unique ones like Mighty, are a good thing I think.

Quality characters are much better, which this series hasn't really done to much of in a lot of games. It could be 1 or 100 characters, but if they're not up to par then there's a big problem at hand here.

Critics and people are always gonna bitch, "shitty friend syndrome" shouldn't be a deterant. Are these the people that really delve into and love the Sonic series? Not really.

No, but they are those who have quite an influence on the net in regards to how the characters are recieved. And quite frankly, if they're not ones to delve into and love the series, that's really not going to do Mighty the Armadillo any better.

I say adding Mighty for a minor role would be good. Something like having him for a bit in Sonic Chronicles would've been good - and really what harm is there in having a large cast?

A large cast that is not developed is quite a large blow to take.

You don't hear people endlessly bitching that Mario has too many characters; why do they need to have Waluigi, he's just a ripooff of Luigi, why do we need a baby Bowser - ripoff, why do we have a Princess Daisy she has no use!

That's because, in my honest opinion, the Mario franchise actually underuses its characters, and is a primary example of an underdeveloped cast. Out of all the characters they have in the spin-off games, they only choose to develop 4 of them in their primary games and not give much of a shit about any of the other ones. And even the 4 they chose to favor aren't developed very much outside the RPGs.

It seems like double standards that the Mario series can get away with so many characters, ones who seemingly have no use or are unoriginal, yet the Sonic series can't.

Yeah, that's where the heart of the hypocrisy can lead to.

So? A newer character would still have to go through all the same rigmarole, the only difference here is that the classic character starts off with a fanbase - so already has some fans won over and then will have to try win more. All this means is that the classic character starts off with a bit of a leg-up on the new character. I can't how this is at all bad?

Except all of that is thrown out the window when you have to re-imagine the character and start from scratch with him. Mighty would have to repeat that same process that a newer character would have to go through, and would likely turn off his already won fanbase if done anything less than decent.

As I said before I think you underestimate the critics.

I think you overestimate them. Barely any critics have shown such knowledge, and I do recall one of them insulting your favorite character Nack.

Let's face it, you have something against the classic characters and I am pretty biased for their return.

The only thing I have against Classic characters of any kind is the pedestal they are put on over all the other characters. That's it. Other than that, I'm way too objective over everything else.

It's a classic (if you'll excuse the pun) argument of classic fanboy vs modern fanboy. So how about we leave it at you'd prefer them to make newer characters and I'd prefer them to revamp the oldies?

First off, I never said that I prefer they do either one. I'm only bringing to your attention the other side of the argument.

Secondly, I'm neither a Modern nor a Classic fanboy. I'm what you would call the Inbetween or Neutral. I'm even critical about the things I like about the series, and that only goes to show where I stand on the fence.

And third, if they're going to revamp or make-up anything, they need to have a decent way of pulling it off. Otherwise, they're better off not doing either one.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

That doesn't make him any less Sonic.

The reason I keep responding to this topic is because I don't even know what this means. They gave him a name. They drew art for him. They gave him a personality. The sprite is so minor. As for the Chaotix, I'm not really a fan of Heroes or their few changes, but I like having them around. The biggest change to me was Mighty. He's missing.

Hell, we hardly even see the Chaotix any more. They were gone after ShTH.

Rivals 2, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. And Vector had a cameo in Chronicles. There was only like one year or so where they weren't around since Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nathan basically covered everything I would have said already, but I'll mention this anyways:

His statement on the other hand is a blatant attempt to incite anger from any Mighty fans by saying an inflammatory statement that has no argumentative purpose other than to try and annoy, which is the definition a being a troll if I'm not mistaken.

It is the definition of being a troll. But that isn't what he did. He made a simple statement of fact. They had spriting technology to make entirely new characters with completely different animations and designs, but for Chaotix they took a bunch of Sonic sprites and edited them. That is fact, so your argument that it was a lack of technology makes no sense.

What delusion? That is literally how they created his character design. They were thinking up ideas for the main character of the first Sonic game. Sonic had spikes. Mighty was Sonic with a shell instead of spikes. That is what he was.

They gave him a name. They drew art for him. They gave him a personality. The sprite is so minor

His character design, personality, and even his entire point of existence were based off of the rejected remains of the original Sonic character design. He was an imitation of Sonic by default, a Sonic design deemed "not as good" by the creators of the original game, and he was revived purely to stand in for Sonic in situations where Sonic couldn't be used.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

His character design, personality, and even his entire point of existence were based off of the rejected remains of the original Sonic character design.

And really this just makes him more interesting to me, if he's part of Sonic's design process. So was Ristar. I don't care if they turn his official story into Sonic's long lost brother from an Armadillo mother. I'll still like Mighty. He's not red Sonic from Sonic Colors. He's Mighty the Armadillo and he has a history with the Chaotix.

Mighty would only be "Sonic" in appearance, and even then it would be as much "Sonic" as Shadow is. Personality wise, they would likely be on completely different ends of the spectrum. They already ARE if you take the comics into consideration.

• Thumbs Up 1

But that's the comics. We're talking about the games. Besides, a lot of the stuff in the comics is just fabricated by the writers anyway. Ray's proneness to stutter in the middle of his sentences? Come on. It's all just nonsense made up in order to make the characters more interesting in that form of medium.

I don't want Mighty back because he'd be redundant. Characters that are actively being used and relevant these days already have all of his 'distinct' character traits. Not to mention is character design is unbelievably fucking boring.

This is a whole different ball game from asking for a character like Nack/Fang (even tho' I honestly can not fucking stand him) because he has something unique to offer. Mighty has shit all.

Edited by Chooch

But that's the comics. We're talking about the games. Besides, a lot of the stuff in the comics is just fabricated by the writers anyway. Ray's proneness to stutter in the middle of his sentences? Come on. It's all just nonsense made up in order to make the characters more interesting in that form of medium.

Some of the game characters could use that "nonsense" =P

I wouldn't mind seeing Mighty in a new game, but with him looking so much like Shadow, I think that ship has sailed. I'd be satisfied to finally be able to play one of the older games with Mighty in it since I missed out on those.

Some of the game characters could use that "nonsense" =P

Hahaha, maybe.. Maybe not. I assure you I'm not the authority on it. I haven't picked up an Archie Sonic issue in a good few years. I only said that to make the point that while certain characters like Mighty and Ray may have distinct characteristics in the comic books that would make them rather interesting, that's just stuff in the comics. Not the games.

I'm not totally against bringing some of the old forgotten characters back, but I really think Mighty is one of the last characters that should be put on a priority list. My personal preference is for it to be Bean, although it's hard to argue in favor of him. Even tho' he's basically an expy of the Dynamite Dux characters and Jet is similar in design, I always liked the idea of bringing him back as some sort of wacky demolitions expert or some shit. Either protagonist, antagonist, or entirely neutral. Wouldn't care. I'd like to see him blow some shit up.

Edited by Chooch

The reason I keep responding to this topic is because I don't even know what this means. They gave him a name. They drew art for him. They gave him a personality. The sprite is so minor. As for the Chaotix, I'm not really a fan of Heroes or their few changes, but I like having them around. The biggest change to me was Mighty. He's missing.

You can give a Sonic recolor a name. You can draw art for him. You can give him a personality.

But in the end, is it's still Sonic's head and body? Yes.

Is it Sonic's personality but he's a LITTLE bit different? Yes.

Can the art still be edited into a picture of Sonic with relative ease?

Yes.

Mighty is nothing more than a recolor treated like a great character because he's classic.

Rivals 2, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. And Vector had a cameo in Chronicles. There was only like one year or so where they weren't around since Shadow.

I forgot about Rivals, but the M&S games and Chronicles can't be considered cannon at all.

I didn't mean they were just gone, like bye-bye back to underused character hell, but they're out of the story.

I honestly could care less if Mighty's nothing more than a slightly modified and colourswapped Sonic with some rather unfascinating origins - he's since been separated into his own character, and he's entirely separate entity now. He was given a personality all his own (a peace-loving, pacifistic nature loving fella). He's got a neat detachable shell and wall kick. I could think of a whole bunch of cool ways he could utilize those! He could curl up in a ball to reflect frickin' laser beams or something. He also got his own voice actor and stuff. He's his own dude, bros.

I wouldn't mind Sonic Team integrating Mighty into the canon like they did with the Chaotix. Sega's been on some lovely awesome fanservice streak as of late so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw Fang or some other older obscure characters making a reappearance sometime soon. For all we know Norman from Sonic Rush Adventure could be revealed to be Bark's dimension-traveling aquatic racing fanatic older brother or something!

Not that you'd have to give Mighty or the others a huge role or anything. You can pop him up in some party spin-off filled with loads and loads of characters with a light story and everybody wins!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mighty is nothing more than a recolor treated like a great character because he's classic.

Sorry, but when I look at him I don't see a recolor, I see Mighty. Because before anyone knew about Sonic Crackers, I was playing Chaotix. And if you think he is a recolor, he deserves the same respect as other recolors. It's not just that he's classic, he's part of the classic Chaotix. If you think Sonic X and Heroes was better, then we disagree.

He also did pretty well in that unused character poll way back when Sonic's Facebook was new. I think he came in a very close second to Fang. Pretty good for a recolor.

Edited by Dabnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1