Awoo.

New Trailer, Boxart and EU/NA Release Dates!

Blue Blood

I'm not a big fan of Sonic Heroes' title theme, but that really has a lot more to do with the sound of the song itself than how cheesy it is. I really like We Can from the same soundtrack, after all, and that has a hundred times more to do with THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP than Sonic Heroes does. I can put up with basically any lyrics as long as I enjoy the tune, and while Sonic Heroes didn't really do that for me, I really like the sound of Reach For The Stars.

Everyone can do something special; the secret is sharing our dreeeeeeeeams!

We Can
Now that one threatens to make me vomit. I've got a high tolerance for cheesy themes, but that one just goes too far.

Now that one threatens to make me vomit. I've got a high tolerance for cheesy themes, but that one just goes too far.

See, I feel kind of the opposite way. When a song is only somewhat cheesy, I tend to feel kind of guilty about getting into it during segments of the song that aren't quite as bad. We Can, on the other hand, is so hilariously saccharine that it comes right back around to being sort of awesome. Er... key words, sort of. I still have to turn my brain off, but it's not too bad if you can get past the lyrics. Follow Me is similar, although I have a mild beef with that song for not even mentioning Cream or Big. It does help that I tend to forget that Heroes' vocal songs even exist for long stretches (even Team Chaotix and This Machine, which are actually very good), so I'm never burnt out on them like I am on most of the main themes.

Regardless, Reach For The Stars has a lyrical leg up on basically all of Heroes' songs for at least having the decency not to mention the game's title (well, kinda) or directly name any of the characters. Seriously, the word "Eggman" sticks out of This Machine like the sorest thumb in the world.

Yikes! They really screwed up the colours somehow, presumably when they saved it with some particular settings. Either way, it'll look normal when the game is actually out. Also, look how considerate they were for the German players- the Wisps aren't covered by the ugly USK rating.

EDIT: Also in the German cover one of the zigs is slightly off mark because of how they moved things. Sonic bounced off of thin air instead of that post on the right!

Edited by Blue Blood

>Comparing Sonic Heroes' Theme song to Colors'

Don't compare this to Sonic Heroes' theme song. At least this one has SOME ambiguity. :P The song fits Sonic, the lyrics give me a 'It Doesn't Matter' vibe, and that's a good thing.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think we can all agree that it's a far cry better than Saaawnnik Heroooezzz.

Yikes! They really screwed up the colours somehow, presumably when they saved it with some particular settings. Either way, it'll look normal when the game is actually out. Also, look how considerate they were for the German players- the Wisps aren't covered by the ugly USK rating.

EDIT: Also in the German cover one of the zigs is slightly off mark because of how they moved things. Sonic bounced off of thin air instead of that post on the right!

SCUSUK.png

Wow, look at how different they are :o

I'm not sure, I kind of like the toned down ones in the UK pic more. Especially Sonic. I remember something similar with M&SATOWG, where the colors in the US ones were really bright and vibrant, and the UK one ended up being the correct one.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I love that the UK get stars and you Yanks get none. Look at us with all our planetary friends.

It will be interesting to see which hue comes out on the case.

I love that the UK get stars and you Yanks get none. Look at us with all our planetary friends.

Good eye! I didn't notice the stars :D

The background image is also panned to the right a bit in the EU art.

The UK one is a bit more to the left than the german one.. Weird.

UK is the most on the left and US is the least.

Edited by MarcelloF

And again in the German one things are panned differently.

At first I thought it was just the colours that were different, easily explained by saving the file with particular settings by mistake. But now there' the stars and the slightly different panning (good eyes, guys) it could be intentional. Bleck. Unless the USA one is merely near final that's been up by mistake, cause that can happen, and the EU is final with just some off colours. Actually, that seems like it couldbe likely *hopes*. The crappy colours really ruin the EU one at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the colors in the EU one more :o Also, I think it's the final one and the US one will change. I just noticed it doesn't have the "Licensed by Nintendo" thing (Edit: I'm not finding that on any of the US cases on Retro :-/) or the "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB" (Black Knight had this)

Edited by MarcelloF

Nah, I'll stand by thinking the EUR one was saved with CMYK instead of RGB. It's a common mistake. The official logos have followed the exact same style of the EUR ones looking weirder and desaturated. Check the logo and boxes with RGB CMYK comparison (spoilered cause the pics are big):

logocompare2down.png

RGB_CMYK_4.jpg

SCUSUK.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

The US DS one has the stars too... so, yeah- so there. :U

Cyan, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Pink, Green, Purple

Cyan = transform into a Lazer to teleport to different routes/paths

Yellow = transform into a Drill to dig Underground or Under water

Orange = transform into a rocket and fly into the sky to reach higher platform

Pink = sticks to walls to reach different paths

green = rumored to be a light dash

Purple =

Blue =

blue , purple and green are yet to be confirmed.

but we know the ability of the green wisp from games con

so all what is left are 2 wisps for their powers to be revealed

Heh, Japan always gets Sonic games last nowadays. They're just not as popular there. Still loving the fact that Europe gets a main game first btw. =D

It might be worth mentioning that the press vault page has updated to confirm that the EUR release date IS the 12 of November. They already said so on the Europe blog, but this is just confirmation since it wasn't included in the trailer as with the Japanese and American ones.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm pretty sure you're right about CMYK vs RGB - CMYK is mainly for printing, so they possibly supplied the box art intended for printing instead of the monitor-viewing one.

Heh, Japan always gets Sonic games last nowadays. They're just not as popular there. Still loving the fact that Europe gets a main game first btw. =D

It might be worth mentioning that the press vault page has updated to confirm that the EUR release date IS the 12 of November. They already said so on the Europe blog, but this is just confirmation since it wasn't included in the trailer as with the Japanese and American ones.

SEGA also finally got round to updating the games product page with the release date about a week ago too. I'm expecting we'll see the games website go live soon. I noticed a couple of weeks back on Google that http://www.soniccolors.com and http://www.sonicfreeriders.com URL's started showing up. They both lead to their respective product pages on SEGA's site for now, like in the past when the web addresses for SEGA's game websites have come up before the sites go live.

Does anyone here who can read Japanese know what the text under the logo says?

Sonic Colours (Sonikku Karaasu)

Edited by Blue Blood

It says "And Marcello".

The first part is definitely Sonic (ソニック), but I don't know what the second part is. I tried translating colors with Google, but I get something different (色).

Edit: And the colors on the case seem to be different again. xD

Edited by MarcelloF

"Gotta catch 'em all"

Obviously they're going after the Poke'mon fanbase with the whole Wisp idea in Japan.

Edited by speedfreak