Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 hour ago, True Detective Soni said:

A small thing to note that in Sonic Chronicles, Shadow's POW Moves is Chaos Blast and that's a beam-like attack as well.

That particular issues was published nearly a year before Chronicles came out.

13 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:
13 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

1 Well excuse me that Eclipse teleported before Shadow could finish the job. Besides, Sonictrainer had much better point that I did on that matter.

2 "Shadow is supposed to be an excellent tactician". What? Who said that? Shadow never proved to be genius. He tricked Eggman cause he followed Gerald's plan. And he did that in peace and quiet, not injured, mind washed and angry. And even then, that's different kind of smarts. I love Shadow, but you're over idolizing him a bit.

3 I think you're jumping to conclusions. True ending isn't  clear on what's going  on. Situation couldn't be that bad since everyone is alive. Maybe Black Arms were winning only because they teleported Comet and used gas. As far as we know Knuckles & the rest kicked buts with ease to that point, they just didn't kicked them fast enough. And again, Eclipse is ONE guy, not entire fleet.

4 "You listen" Are you talking about Knuckles? Do you think Knuckles is a guy who humbly bows to mighty Shadow and "listens"? Maybe he would if Shadow DID asked for his help, but our black hedgehog was all like "Bah, I can take Eclipse on my own. I don't know why we waste time with Knuckles" SU 67, page 5. And they didn't  gave him that choice, Shadow said "this is no time to debate" and ignored Knux. SU 68, 3 page reading backward.

Overall you're expecting Knuckles and Shadow to be soulless drones that base all their actions on logic and math, not characters with emotions and flaws.

1) I don't think its a good point at all

2) Several character descriptions IIRC and other  characters describe to be very very very good at fighting, to the degree in which other characters are scared to fight him, because he is good at fighting.And i',m not idoizing him, i'm just using infromation present. I'm not going to say shadow is a god king but him being an good at fighting is actual thing that come up. Multiple times. Also side tid bit, while he's not a genious he does know enough to fix robots, so at least he's a mechanic. Its not particularly relevant I just think thats interesting. 

3)I'm not? Its very clear visual imagery. Also the fear is that like before with power eclipse create more aliens. Which is the bad thing

4)Listening to somone isn't humbly bowing down, it isn't even accepting that their right, listening just requires you to understand the situation you're in. I didn't want knuckles to bow down to shadow I wanted him to listen. And you talk about the part where shadow just side stepps knuckles, aty point before their actually fight, which i'm talking about knuckles could have offered a better alterntive to any of shadows plans. There are many, but he didn't listen to him about the threat, and thats the problem. The problem could have been solved with out them leving that palace to be for rea for real.Yeah shadow isn't nicely saying it, but there comes a time where the problem is so much bigger than you , that you suck it up and deal with it. You put your pride behind you and try to work out something. From the moment shadow got on that island, shadow was trying to figure out how to help everyone for the greater good. Knuckles, and jusifiably so I will admit , just wanted them to go away. But that's still super selfish and assholey. Like really selfish, like the most selfish. You can mention snively alll you want to , but when get to down to character motivations, knuckles is strait up a huge asshole who will put the danger of others behind what pride he has. 

13 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

He's not. Calling yourself the ultimate lifeform gives you the ultimate overconfidence. It's been his number one weakness both before and after the reboot.

tumblr_nuhx4bjRIj1sop1xco2_500.png

The fact that he tried to do that and Eclipse still survived shows that even with a boost from the Master Emerald, Eclipse is still strong enough to withstand Shadow's attacks in his Rage Mode.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to do a Chaos Blast near the Master Emerald...

See above On that first part, the ultimate life form thiing has nothing to do with him being an excellent tactician.

Next, that's interesting, as I mentioned, why didn't he throw eclipse in there air teleport and just chaos blast him in the stopped time. Let me give you n example. Allow me to introduce another cool guy who's a lot like shadow. Over confident, can stop time, possibly wearing eyeliner 

fW5dQ.jpg

This guy is named dio, he can stop time, for about 5 to 8 seconds. Now while we have... never actually gotten a thresh hold on like... what shadow's time stop time is. I went back to shadow the hedgehog, to wollow in pain , and to check out how long his occasional time stop powers in that game are. From what i gathered, its sometimes 2 to 3 times longer than dio's. so might be like " wait, what that' 24-30 seconds at best, that's not a long time" for normal people, sure. For someone like shadow and dio, who can with a powe source, just keep doing it... and have super strength and super speed, particularly that last thing , its very long time. 

Ok you might be asking, what does dio have to do with anything. So in picture you see a bunch knives, in context dio stops time, then throw knives, then throws more knives, then throws more knives, then throws more knives. Now he doesnt kill jotaro, the other guy in the picture, his stand blocs a lot of them, but if he didn't have that, he'd be dead. To relate this back finally, when didn't shadow do a bunch of chaos attacks in the stopped time? He could stocked them shits, its stopped time. You keep presenting the eclipse point, you don't functionally understand, how powerful stopped time is. Its really strong, its so strong, that that seems to be the only ability he has nowadays completely walled off by the need of having a chaos emerald, because he could just stop time and snap your neck, not only getting into like the other theoretical possibilities. Like anyone hit during stopped time should become a red paste because whatever momentum he hit you at would be faster than time. 

I'lll give you that doing a chaos blast near a master emerald might cause weird shit to happen. Although that sounds like an interesting start to art arc where that does happen, where it breaks open time and space, and weird shit is let loose.  But as I mentioned he could just threw eclipse away from the emerald, he has concentrated chaos blasts now, well shit, That's even more , " why didn't he just do a bunch of chaos blasts over and oever  in the stopped time." Because he can do it, you can shoot off at leas 4 irrc, before the rage shadow meter runs out in his game. So, yeah, and some parts of that game is doing it with in stopped time.because one centralized chaos blast, as you shown yourself, knocked eclipse out of his body. Imagine what 2, or 3 or 4 would do. He'd probably be dead. he'd probably dead. and then rouge and knuckles would have come back like " oh shit well you did it it" and then they would have a piknik and it would have been a fun day. Instead shadow did not do this, and there was no lunch to be head, no cookies. You failed shadow, you failed

Sorry for the late responses, and thanks this is a fun talk. 

8 hours ago, True Detective Soni said:

A small thing to note that in Sonic Chronicles, Shadow's POW Moves is Chaos Blast and that's a beam-like attack as well.

it wouldn't be the first time other media influenced a game, Didn't shadow's inhibitor rings not come from the games originally?

14 hours ago, Arranos said:

What I'm trying to say is that it's pointless to argue power standings between characters. We should be glad that we get these stories and they're just delayed in printing, or something. I was saddened by the "hiatus" (or cancellation) of Mega Man, but the Sonic comics are still here.

I think its fun? I think its fun talking a bout hypotheticals like this, maybe its just me? 

14 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Knuckles didn't have a choice. He could either:

A) Let Eclipse, a bloodthirsty evil alien, take the M.E.

B ) Let a shady (heh) hedgehog, a trigger-happy robot, and a shameless jewel thief take the M.E.

C) Keep it out of everyone's hands in a way so that he himself would have the best chance of getting the M.E. back

It was the best bad option he had. Shadow, Omega, and especially Rouge aren't the most trustworthy people when it comes to magical gems. But, like Rouge said, they could've talked things out instead of fighting like children and letting Eclipse divide and conquer them.

Eh... shadow kind of is?Yeah i'm not expecting knuckles to be too familiar with shadow. But shadow's a greater good kind of guy. Shadow kind of just does what he feels is right, to be quite honest, he's sort of barely  works  for gun at this point. He disobeys them, goes against their orders, and gun is afraid of him.  I think them reaching an end with shadow might be an interesting plot but whatever. Shadow probably would have respected what he wanted to do , as long as it was away from the place it was currently. Its the reason why during treasure team tango, amy doesn't go to rouge, amy goes to shadow. Because she knows at the end of the day, everything shadow does, is to help people. And if you can offer him a  better alternative that will help people, he's sorta super down. That was the premise of his game,folks asking him for favors. And while I'll admit knuckes and shadow's lack of interaction in anything sonic.. is quite odd. But everytime knuckles seemed to interact with shadow it seemed to be when shadows doing good guy sshit. Heck in the conext of this comic , shadow helped knuckles protect his home from the last time the aliens where there, And saw shadow do the thing that knuckles, the thing that just tore knuckles apart. He saw shadow kill his family for the greater good. The thing he lost. I don't know, I think knuckles would respect the shit out of that. But its whatever

I don't think rouge can't talk shit, why is she on this mission. Her character has been reduced to such nothing, its super sad. 

The correct is secret option 

F) Friendship, which despite all my arguing is what I feel shadow is going to at least attempt to use on eclipse. Which would explain why he didn't just, kill him. 

Alright, enough is enough.

@Shadowlax Not only are your posts long, incomprehensible and a major reason why arguments like these go on in such a circular fashion that you claim to dislike, most of your points ignore basic facts about the narrative you are criticizing to give an unfair slant to the character you like and this is getting old fast. Everything you say has been clearly refuted and constantly doubling down on it with ridiculously big posts that just restate what you already said doesn't make your arguments look better. It's fine if you're just talking hypotheticals or headcanons, but not when you insist that the story should have been about these things and ignore what it actually was (and almost every post you've made on this subject appears to have been just that).

Your point about Knuckles being a selfish asshole or is somehow ignoring the threat of the Black Arms in particular is a very odd reading that ignores everything that's been established about post-SGW Knuckles since his reintroduction. While he has little interest in getting involved in what's going on outside of his island, he realizes that if he doesn't do something, it will eventually lead to trouble on his home turf. He agrees to help out in different ways throughout his portions of the "Dark Trilogy" from finding Chip to initially assisting Team Dark, and in every instance when he's called on to do these things, the M.E. and Angel Island are left vulnerable and he has a habit of blaming himself for anything that happens. So of course he was upset when Shadow decided, without offering Knuckles a chance to give any input, to just take the Emerald, dismissing what this means for Angel Island or Knuckles's way of life. He may have reacted rashly, but keep in mind that Shadow--the supposedly "excellent tactician"--only came up with one solution and practically steamrolled Knuckles on it (something you apparently seem to be fine with).

Ultimately, the story doesn't even present either side as right. The point is that they should have worked together all along instead of butting heads (the whole FINAL ISSUE OF THE STORYLINE YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT), but because their views are so opposed and they are so stubborn and believe they are both right, it's not a solution they would have come to on their own (Rouge being the one who had to tell them off because Eclipse managed to take the Emerald while they were fighting). That's just how these characters work, and you are ignoring that.

11 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

The correct is secret option 

F) Friendship, which despite all my arguing is what I feel shadow is going to at least attempt to use on eclipse. Which would explain why he didn't just, kill him. 

No, actually. Shadow was pretty adamant about killing him. He was conflicted about wiping out the Black Arms at first, but not by the end of "Shadow Fall." Eclipse wants Shadow to work with him, but since his goals are more harmful than good, that's why Shadow wants to take him down. The reasons he hasn't killed him yet is because Eclipse overpowered him in most of their fights (being created to counter him and all--a point Sonictrainer brought up that you choose to ignore) or he was in a weakened state and couldn't. Unless he can actually boost his power enough to get past Eclipse's blocking powers, as he did temporarily with a little spark from the Master Emerald (and since it's currently unavailable and GUN is probably deferring possession of the Chaos Emeralds to the Freedom Fighters, those are out too), he probably won't be able to on his own. Who knows, maybe "Total Eclipse" taught him a lesson about that (again, this being the point of the story). We'll have to wait and see.

I'd also like to mention the fact that Knuckles obviously isn't even displayed as an asshole. He's literally shown to be in the right. If he just went about following the orders of Shadow, Rouge, Omega, and Snively, he was going to end up handing the master emerald into Snively's hands, and he likely could do far worse than what Eclipse ever could. Just remember, Eclipse doesn't have any experience with Chaos Energy, and especially the chaos/master emerald. He's gambling that he might be able to use it because of his connection to Shadow.

Snively is a scientist, who has some of the best gear on the planet because of his position at G.U.N. He's been shown to be studying out the emeralds' properties for a long while, and already has plan set in motion to allow him to take over if he acquires it. How exactly is Knuckles an asshole for A. not wanting to place Angel Island in danger, B. not wanting to hand over one of the most powerful items on all of Mobius over to a well-known henchman of Dr. Eggman, and one who even G.U.N themselves don't even trust. If anything, Team Dark is the bigger idiots due to the fact they were all but ready to follow the orders of someone known for being evil, and seems to have just an odd obsession with the master emerald. I think they should be able to connect the dots. 

• Thumbs Up 8

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

1) I don't think its a good point at all

2) Several character descriptions IIRC and other  characters describe to be very very very good at fighting, to the degree in which other characters are scared to fight him, because he is good at fighting.And i',m not idolizing him, i'm just using information present. I'm not going to say shadow is a god king but him being an good at fighting is actual thing that come up. Multiple times. Also side bid bit, while he's not a genius he does know enough to fix robots, so at least he's a mechanic. Its not particularly relevant I just think that's interesting. 

3)I'm not? Its very clear visual imagery. Also the fear is that like before with power eclipse create more aliens. Which is the bad thing

4)Listening to someone isn't humbly bowing down, it isn't even accepting that their right, listening just requires you to understand the situation you're in. I didn't want knuckles to bow down to shadow I wanted him to listen. And you talk about the part where shadow just side stepps knuckles, aty point before their actually fight, which i'm talking about knuckles could have offered a better alterntive to any of shadows plans. There are many, but he didn't listen to him about the threat, and thats the problem. The problem could have been solved with out them leaving that place to be for rea for real.Yeah shadow isn't nicely saying it, but there comes a time where the problem is so much bigger than you , that you suck it up and deal with it. You put your pride behind you and try to work out something. From the moment shadow got on that island, shadow was trying to figure out how to help everyone for the greater good. Knuckles, and jusifiably so I will admit , just wanted them to go away. But that's still super selfish and assholey. Like really selfish, like the most selfish. You can mention snively alll you want to , but when get to down to character motivations, knuckles is strait up a huge asshole who will put the danger of others behind what pride he has.

1 "he can't counter time stop. As you have seen. No one can. Its stopping time." What makes you think that? Shadow stopped time only because he used ME, other wise Eclipse clearly could counter it.

2 Give me proof. I read every comic several times, played all games (or at lest watched on youtube) and seen every cartoon. I still might be wrong but I don't recall ever Shadow being tactician. Usually he was just powerful enough to win by punching really hard, I recall only one time he used plan/

3 FINE. I'm looking at Shadow the Hedgehog Last Story right now. It starts with Shadow holding emeralds, then Black Doom joins him, then rest of the cast. They do some exposition, Comet gets teleported, Sonic and Knuckles are willing o fight, gas from the Cometh. Zero indications that Black Doom was winning before that point. Again, if you have counter proof point me to exact scene suggesting other wise.

But even if it's true, Knuckles has little reasons to believe Eclipse is Planet Scale Threat. He didn't saw him and he doesn't know about his babies. All he knows that it's a threat that must be eliminated BUT that doesn't mean he will let Shadow take ME from him. Remeber Team Tango that's the perfect example why Knuckles wouldn't trust Shadow. Because if Shadow was ordered to take ME, he would do it. Knuckles doesn't have "my world will die" excuse like Blaze

4 What Zaysho said: the whole point of the story is that if they should talk this out, but they couldn't. Knuckles is hot headed and over protective (if you can be over protective over MOST POWERFUL EMERALD ON PLANET), Shadow does what he thinks is right by any means necessary. They both didn't listened, both didn't tried to reason with each other. They both wanted right thing, to protect ME. But while Shadow saw Eclipse as bigger threat, Knuckles thought that about giving ME to others people's hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry to change the subject, but Ian has teased a new character:

The final Egg Boss, perhaps? And through Twitter, Ian also explained that Operation: Clean Sweep didn't occur in this new universe; "Genesis" happened under different circumstances.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Sorry to change the subject, but Ian has teased a new character:

The final Egg Boss perhaps? And through Twitter, Ian also explained that Operation: Clean Sweep didn't occur in this new universe; "Genesis" happened under different circumstances.

I think he's actually referring to the "Tralius" Egg Boss, otherwise known as a "Tasmanian" Tiger, not the final Egg Boss. I was proven wrong about the final Egg Boss being Focke-Wulf, but right in the fact that he's a secret agent for Eggman. I still know it's not going to be Dr. Julian Snively, that's for sure. Also, one more thing:

digital_sketch_by_adambrycethomas-d9ot7m

eggy_s_dozen_sketch_by_adambrycethomas-d

The tiger dude is definitely the guy under Tundra in this picture. So, I'm pretty sure he's the Egg Boss of Tralius, not the last Egg Boss. The last Egg Boss should be an old character that we've all known for a long time, not a new character. However, if the tiger dude isn't actually from Tralius, what region could he possibly be from?

• Thumbs Up 2

I ended up having to do a bit of clean up since Shadowlax decided to edit his post and remove his argument. Don't post a long rebuttal and then suddenly remove it because you decided you don't have time for an argument. Either just post and everyone else can decide if they want to respond and you can engage them when you come back, or don't bother in the first place. And, for the record, I managed to read most of your post before I ended up backing out of the tab and having to reload the page. While you're free to continue this discussion when you feel you have time, Shadowlax, I just want to be clear about why it was removed. Had it been left intact, I wouldn't care.

But anyway, I think it's time for this thread to move on.

4 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

I think he's actually referring to the "Tralius" Egg Boss, otherwise known as a "Tasmanian" Tiger, not the final Egg Boss. I was proven wrong about the final Egg Boss being Focke-Wulf, but right in the fact that he's a secret agent for Eggman. I still know it's not going to be Dr. Julian Snively, that's for sure. Also, one more thing:

(image snip)

The tiger dude is definitely the guy under Tundra in this picture. So, I'm pretty sure he's the Egg Boss of Tralius, not the last Egg Boss. The last Egg Boss should be an old character that we've all known for a long time, not a new character. However, if the tiger dude isn't actually from Tralius, what region could he possibly be from?

Flynn will probably refer to a Tasmanian Tiger character as a Thylacine, so as to avoid confusion, so I could see the character in that one sketch fitting into that role. If he says tiger, I imagine he'd mean a real tiger. Perhaps the tiger character could be from Chun-Nan?

On the subject of Egg Bosses, wasn't there a cover that showed a rabbit character? They seem to be the only one not pictured in Thomas's second sketch. I could be wrong, though. EDIT: Referring to the variant cover here, though now that I look again, I can't tell if she's part of the Egg Army are whatever group is opposing Conquering Storm's group.

23 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

On the subject of Egg Bosses, wasn't there a cover that showed a rabbit character? They seem to be the only one not pictured in Thomas's second sketch. I could be wrong, though. EDIT: Referring to the variant cover here, though now that I look again, I can't tell if she's part of the Egg Army are whatever group is opposing Conquering Storm's group.

The rabbit is Carrotia from the Tails Skypatrol game. Her design just got modernised for the comics.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

That's possible, would make sense for members of Dulcy's team to be part of the Chinese Zodiac. and a Panda, gotta have a Panda.

Maybe Ian's going to salvage his original idea for the unseen Dragon Kingdom Freedom Fighters: inspired by Kung Fu Panda's Furious Five.

• Thumbs Up 4

32 minutes ago, Detective Panda said:

Maybe Ian's going to salvage his original idea for the unseen Dragon Kingdom Freedom Fighters: inspired by Kung Fu Panda's Furious Five.

...I like Kung Fu Panda (only seen the first one unfortunately), but I honestly hope not. Pop culture references are fine in small doses, especially for humor or something, but in general, them being used as a basis for relatively important characters doesn't sound like a particularly good idea to me. We had enough of that in the pre-reboot era, with the Sand Blasters, Wymnacher's outfit, a couple of issues dedicated to a Guardians of the Galaxy parody, and about a dozen other things. Even "Rob O' the Hedge" and "Maria-An" were a little much for me, even though they were based on folklore. I'm sure it could work, mind you, but it's just my first instinct to not think it's the best idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Detective Panda said:

Oh my god...how did I not see this coming? That actually makes a lot of sense. I clearly didn't even think about that possibility. So, what species is the "Tralius" Egg Boss supposed to be, then (if we're to assume he's even from Tralius to begin with)?

Yes, I'm talking about the dude under Tundra from the picture I recently posted by Adam Bryce Thomas.

Over half the comments on the Twitter post Archie made about StH#279 releasing in March finally are people asking when they'll get the trades out as well. Oh dear.

1 hour ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Oh my god...how did I not see this coming? That actually makes a lot of sense. I clearly didn't even think about that possibility. So, what species is the "Tralius" Egg Boss supposed to be, then (if we're to assume he's even from Tralius to begin with)?

Yes, I'm talking about the dude under Tundra from the picture I recently posted by Adam Bryce Thomas.

I'm guessing either a dingo or the aforementioned Thylacine. His design leads me to believe he's some kind of predatory animal, for some reason.

On a similar note, was it ever established what kind of bird Grand Battle Kuku XV is? Like, a condor or vulture, maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10.03.2016 at 11:01 AM, Shadowlax said:

2) Several character descriptions IIRC and other  characters describe to be very very very good at fighting,

4)Listening to somone isn't humbly bowing down, it isn't even accepting that their right, listening just requires you to understand the situation you're in. I didn't want knuckles to bow down to shadow I wanted him to listen. And you talk about the part where shadow just side stepps knuckles, aty point before their actually fight, which i'm talking about knuckles could have offered a better alterntive to any of shadows plans. There are many, but he didn't listen to him about the threat, and thats the problem. The problem could have been solved with out them leving that palace to be for rea for real.Yeah shadow isn't nicely saying it, but there comes a time where the problem is so much bigger than you , that you suck it up and deal with it. You put your pride behind you and try to work out something. From the moment shadow got on that island, shadow was trying to figure out how to help everyone for the greater good. Knuckles, and jusifiably so I will admit , just wanted them to go away. But that's still super selfish and assholey. Like really selfish, like the most selfish. You can mention snively alll you want to , but when get to down to character motivations, knuckles is strait up a huge asshole who will put the danger of others behind what pride he has. 

2. So? Many characters are stated to be great fighters. That doesn't mean they are great at tactics. 

4. Knuckles DID listen to Shadow

maxresdefault.jpg

How Knuckles was suppose to "offered a better alterntive". If Shadow didn't even care for any others alterntives?(you deliberately ignor that fact)

Oh, you think you get down Knuckles motivations so well huh? Again, how do you know it was because of just pride and not luck of trust from Knuckles' side? Team Dark are not his friends, neither is GUN. And don't even mention about "but Knuckles knows Shadow's past" - that doesn't mean anything. Team Dark and GUN have enough shady past to put a doubt in their "good intentions". 

23 hours ago, blade57331 said:
Spoiler

Ok there was a response about this here, and knuckles desire to trust known sociopaths than shadow being weird. But I wish to drop this to address my larger issue with that comic, uneeded fights aside. I think who came out net worse in the comic was rouge, even in shadow fall too. Because it sucks, because like blaze I think she's rad, she' doesn't get to much of anything. And I think being on the same team as shadow sort of makes it worse. 

Ideally they could pull... potentially one of the best, and one of in my experience one of the most frequently requested shadow story ideas, which is fugitive shadow, out of this. But I doubt , but they could. I mean snively is on the inside, and it could really be a thing if some one from archie wants it to. But call my cynical, it just might be rouge becoming a worse character, which sucks.

Animated comic art was always really neat to me. It's why I always loved the look of the PSP Metal Gear Solid games.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, if SEGA could actually make a video game based on the Archie Comics, that would literally be my saving grace for the franchise. There's a DeviantArt user named "OmegaMorph" that made a fan project called "Ultimate Sonic Fighters", and he pretty much makes almost every character from the old and new universe have unique fighting move sets, and so much more. It's similar to the Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi series and the Dissidia: Final Fantasy series. I highly recommend you check it out to the fullest degree.

http://omegamorph.deviantart.com/gallery/31285045/Ultimate-Sonic-Fighter

Seriously, this dude is so amazing and I wish something like this would happen for the franchise (Yes, I know this wouldn't be possible, but I just LOVE the amount of time and effort he's putting in that whole project!).

Nice dream, but ultimately almost impossible., especially for main tittle (platformer)

Sega has big enough cast to resent, they don't need more. Besides, most people who buys Archie already buys Sonic Games. So it won' bring to many new buyers, it will pleas small part of fandom while alienating the rest.