Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

But Sigma doesn't directly control robotics. He infects them with a Sigma virus making them loyal to him and makes them go maverick doesn't he? There'd be no way he could go ahead and take control of Lyric isn't there?

But he controls the D6, who can directly control robotics. So yeah, either way it goes, Lyric wouldn't stand a chance.

Neo Metal Sonic would have been a good fit had SEGA allowed it, since he and Sigma seem to share similar ambitions.

Honestly I kinda think Sigma and Lyric would work well. Remember Lyric hates all organics and is extremely dependent on technology(in fact he says that's the only thing he can trust) and since Sigma is a robot/Virus thingy I'm pretty sure the two would of been good partners. Granted I'm pretty sure they would of backstabbed each other like egg man and wily but would of worked together to defeat their common foes

That's not the point. We're debating who could have taken the Deadly 6 so it's irrelevant, they wouldn't be there to control Lyric in the first place. 

Wait, I'm confused now.

Are you comparing Sigma and Lyric over who'd control the D6? Because it looked like it was the other way around.

Wait, I'm confused now.

Are you comparing Sigma and Lyric over who'd control the D6? Because it looked like it was the other way around.

No, we're discussing who could have taken the D6's villain role in the crossover that can't be controlled by Sigma

No, we're discussing who could have taken the D6's villain role in the crossover that can't be controlled by Sigma

Oh.

Yeah, not seeing a lot of contenders on Sonic's side if that's the case then. Especially if they're robotic.

I kinda wish Lyric was available for Worlds Unite. He'd be the perfect partner for Sigma! Both control robots, but Sigma couldn't take command of Lyric since he's a cyborg instead of full-on machine. In turn, Lyric couldn't hijack Sigma because Boom!Eggman took his control device.

It would also be appropriate to have the two Big Bads be from Boom and X, since the ones for Worlds Collide were from Sonic and Mega Man. At the very least it would give better justification to include Sticks, Comedy Chimp, and Fastidious Beaver.

I forgot Ian Flynn (I think) mentioned that Lyric and several other Boom Characters were off limits.

Excuse the double post but-

CI_5xwzXAAE8vL_.jpg

Something's off about the D6's eyes in this panel, maybe it's the emphasis that they're manipulated because of Sigma.

Dat bone detail on Zavoks hand.

CI_5nHyWgAAa5oj.jpg

Ohh, that's what people were talking about...

Is it me, or are Cream and Roll slightly simular dress wise?

• Thumbs Up 1

Man Eggman and Wily feel really underused in this crossover. hopefully they make more of a prominant role soon.

I'm up to about issue 244 I think it is. Reading these things takes more time than you think...

I'm up to about issue 244 I think it is. Reading these things takes more time than you think...

In retrospect it's actually kinda funny.

I'm laughing my ass off as I type. :lol:

Well considering Cream's character was the healer in Sonic Chronicles....I don't see why people are finding it so odd she's taken a medic role here.

Pretty much liking this crossover only for the fact that the D6 are getting some love. I really liked them and thought they were the best part of Lost World and severely underutilized. Only wish they weren't wearing those stupid shirts so we could get a better look at them.

Not that it really matters. My reading of this crossover is gonna be so disjointed as it's a gamble which issues (and variants) I'll get as the one comic store in Australia that I know can get these in (somehow) only seem to get them in bits and pieces. T-T

Someone over at the SEGA Foruns has a crazy idea that Sticks will stick around for a while after the main comics AFTER Worlds Unite Ends, and the Solicits don't mention her in any way, so he thinks that Archie Comics is gonna keep it a surprise that Sticks is joining the main cast, because she would be forced to FORGET the memories of meeting the Archie Sonic, should she leave. Sticks is on the cover of the Final Issue of Sonic Boom, that can justify her being in the series.

Someone over at the SEGA Foruns has a crazy idea that Sticks will stick around for a while after the main comics AFTER Worlds Unite Ends, and the Solicits don't mention her in any way, so he thinks that Archie Comics is gonna keep it a surprise that Sticks is joining the main cast, because she would be forced to FORGET the memories of meeting the Archie Sonic, should she leave. Sticks is on the cover of the Final Issue of Sonic Boom, that can justify her being in the series.

I'm actually surprised seeing as Sega is using her in the Mario and Sonic 2016 game. I was starting to think they were going to use her as both a Sega and Boom property.

That was perhaps the number one thing I was looking forward to in the crossover. The Boom heroes meeting the main series Sonic cast. Hell if Worlds Unite was Mega Man, X, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sonic Boom that would've been much better than the clusterfuck that I feel has been going on. And the writing could have the potential to be brilliant if done correctly.

But instead of that only Sticks shows up to "represent" Boom and, other than finding the other SEGA/Capcom characters (something that really should've been done much earlier in the plot anyway), she has barely done anything. In fact instead of the writing potential of the rest of the Boom heroes we get Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver instead because...why? In fact they've been less useful than Sticks! On the plus side some of the jokes, such as her "sports tape" discussion with main series Sonic, were golden. The potential was there and that's what disappoints me most of all.

The more I think about it the more this crossover just hasn't been as good as Worlds Collide.

• Thumbs Up 8

TBF, Worlds Collide is a tough act to follow and the need to just 'plus' everything to make it feel bigger than WC was the main goal. So I knew from the back of my head that Worlds Unite wasn't going to fully capture what made WC so great. 

But yeah, the fact we only got Sticks and we-did-jack-all Fastidious and Comedy Chimp when the whole Boom crew could've been more interesting to play with (fuckinArchieKnucklesand BoomKnucklesmusthappendammit) was a massive disappointment. Also, and I really hate to sound like an elitist here, but I could seriously do without the Archie-exclusives being here too. Yes, yes, I know, fans don't want the current story to take a break and didn't like that they sat out of the last one, but I do feel their presence just adds to the problem of WC being too cluttered and unfocused. Again, I don't mean to sound harsh to fans of these characters, I just felt they weren't necessary to include to make WC feel "bigger" than it's becoming.

TBF, Worlds Collide is a tough act to follow and the need to just 'plus' everything to make it feel bigger than WC was the main goal. So I knew from the back of my head that Worlds Unite wasn't going to fully capture what made WC so great. 

I wouldn't mind it as much but it feels like there isn't a plot here. It feels like this was just a excuse to get these characters in lackluster battle scenes.

Im going to be honest were in the second act of this crossover and I recall that during this point of the first crossover a majority of the complaints were pretty much "nothings happening" and until the 3rd part came thats when every bodies opining quickly changed. I know Im in the minority here that thats actually enjoying what I'm getting. My only complaint about this is what donnie said. Sticks and her "team" are completely pointless and add nothing i get they're for comic relief but lets be real here all these characters can be pretty much funny on their own. It really should of been the main Boom cast and maybe lyric(I can see him getting along with sigma until he wants to back stab him). If the reason why the Boom counterparts can't be there is for brand reasonings that pretty stupid hypocritical. This is the same company that released Sonic generations a game that has both classic and modern characters and to my knowledge the classic and modern are 2 completely different franchises. But I digress Im enjoying this and I'll wait till the after all this is over till a give my full thoughts