Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The zone cops have been wiped as well, with the whole deal of the Multiverse falling in on itself. If I remember right only Blaze's and Silver's dimensions/timelines and the Special Zone made it back

Technically, we don't know what dimensions and realities exist (old or new). However, based on a bit of the dialogue, the only ones that the Freedom Fighters have encountered up to the present are the ones you listed.

The zone cops have been wiped as well, with the whole deal of the Multiverse falling in on itself. If I remember right only Blaze's and Silver's dimensions/timelines and the Special Zone made it back

Blaze's dimension, Silver's timeline, and the Special Zone are kind of apart of Sonic's universe as a whole, I think. 

The entire multiverse collapsed, including the Prime Zone, before reconstructing itself. There is still a multiverse, especially because of Sonic Boom. Just no Zone Cops. 

I still hope there's an anti-universe in there somewhere, even if it's not the same one as before.

So, I just checked my mail and saw that I received issue #261 in the mail. Surprisingly, Archie Comics sent me my issue bagged and boarded. Has anyone else here received #261, and also bagged and boarded? This is the first time this has happened to me, so yeah, just wondering if this happened to anyone else. Hope that this is a sign that all future issues will be sent bagged and boarded to subscribers! biggrin.png

I still hope there's an anti-universe in there somewhere, even if it's not the same one as before.

Me too, especially after reading DC's Forever Evil. 

Although, if it does appear, the new Anti-versions should really be the Anti versions (in design and personality) and not just "Evil-X". 

*Sigh*, you just reminded me that Scourge & The Suppression Squad aren't coming back because of Pandering Pendering.

Theoretically, it might be possible to make new Anti versions of the FF's (tho, I don't know if SEGA would allow duplicates of the game characters like Sonic, Eggman, or what have you anymore...). They just can't resemble the "Evil Bikers in black leather" of Penders, or the designs that Ian made because they used to be based off of characters that Penders created (which is how he claims to own Scourge & Robo-Robotnik/Ian Droid).

Off the top of my head, it could maybe work if it was an alignment and GENDER reversal deal, to make the contrast with the old Squad (and have more legal standing as being more original).

Eh. I'm not a great writer, so who knows?

Scourge was never much of an Anti-Sonic at all. He was literally Sonic but evil. 

The Anti-Sonic would have to be a weird combination of Doctor Eggman, Knuckles, Shadow, Big, and Blaze, since they all characterize traits that are he counter to Sonic. 

So, I just checked my mail and saw that I received issue #261 in the mail. Surprisingly, Archie Comics sent me my issue bagged and boarded. Has anyone else here received #261, and also bagged and boarded? This is the first time this has happened to me, so yeah, just wondering if this happened to anyone else. Hope that this is a sign that all future issues will be sent bagged and boarded to subscribers! biggrin.png

Wait what? I only get mine bagged and boarded if it's a replacement issue. You sure yours came in the usual subscription bag as opposed to the Archie Comics bubble mail package?

Wait what? I only get mine bagged and boarded if it's a replacement issue. You sure yours came in the usual subscription bag as opposed to the Archie Comics bubble mail package?

Well, it actually didn't come in the usual subscription bag, but it came in the bubble mail package... This is my first time getting this issue, so I'm still quite confused as to why it didn't come in the subscription bag. mellow.png

Well, it actually didn't come in the usual subscription bag, but it came in the bubble mail package... This is my first time getting this issue, so I'm still quite confused as to why it didn't come in the subscription bag. mellow.png

My best guess is that the original one they sent you got lost in the mail. It happens a lot with me dry.png

Edit: This actually reminded me of a case that happened with me a while ago. Remember Worlds Collide? Yeah that was good stuff. Well, Part 6 was supposed to come out late May/early June. My issue never arrived, so I contacted Archie and they sent me a replacement issue that came in next week. Fast forward 6 months later to December and guess what shows up in my mailbox? Worlds Collide Part 6. In the subscription bag, undamaged and all. It was so strange seeing an issue come a whole 6 months late. That just tells you how crap the mail service here is.

Edited by SwiftWinds

My best guess is that the original one they sent you got lost in the mail. It happens a lot with me dry.png

Ah, that sucks to know that happens to you, and it probably happened to me...x_x 

I was actually starting to think that I would get my new issues bagged and board each month, but oh well. At least in the end I received the issues (and it was another enjoyable issues!) 

That is the point. Strictly speaking, readers aren't supposed to bother with what happens behind the scenes. From the readers' perspective, the story just should be self consistent and the new universe is only a natural progression of the story.

From the beginning of the reboot it was stated that the entire multiverse was affected. It is an all-encompassing statement, no need to specifically state for every single thing that it was affected.

Then explain SU #55? it happened after the universe collapse and reboot and yet bean still remembered what went on.

Look I don't really care about what happens now with the memories, there just an unresolved plot point. but we should at least acknowledge that Bean was one of the ones who still had his memories after the reboot along with Blaze, Sonic, and Eggman otherwise consistency is already broken.

SU#55 was weird and inconsistent to begin with. So much that SU#58 had to kind of slightly retcon it in terms of how much Blaze knew and made so that she didn't remember (not in the sense that it's clear anyway). 

Then explain SU #55? it happened after the universe collapse and reboot and yet bean still remembered what went on.

Look I don't really care about what happens now with the memories, there just an unresolved plot point. but we should at least acknowledge that Bean was one of the ones who still had his memories after the reboot along with Blaze, Sonic, and Eggman otherwise consistency is already broken.

My explanation is that the same events also happened in the new universe since there were no legal problems with it. Usually stories are planned far in advance, this story must have been waiting to be published before the reboot was a thing, but afterwards it should had got some changes to fit the reboot.

Edit: Tracy said that the story did not come as he expected:

Hey all,

I hope that everyone enjoyed the arc, and I understand totally that not everyone will for various reasons. Not all aspects of the story lined up the way I would've liked and I'll give some background about the arc later on when everyone has had more time to read and digest it. Its no easy task to write a story with characters and worlds that are so well known and loved, but I'm glad to have had the opportunity and I hope to do so again in the future.

Tracy!

Tracy also said that the notes that he got was that Blaze got to Worlds Collide by being kidnaped from her world:

Ian and I had some discussions via email on both the stories I wrote. Probably we could've had more, but I thought we had gone over the details fairly well.

As for Babylon Rising, I can only say Ian had no objections to what I had written. And as for how Blaze showed up in Worlds Collide, I certainly thought and seem to recall Ian or Paul telling me she was kidnapped from her dimension. It was even in the script for one of the issues of the story I had drawn. Frankly, that was a number of months ago now and the details are fuzzy in my memory.

As it happens, both instances of my writing were far more convoluted and continuity heavy than I originally intended for either story. I think we did the best we could.

I'm sure if Ian has the time, he'll have other recollections to impart.

Tracy!

Maybe somewhere signals got crossed?

Edited by Sunwalker

All I got from Bean's statement was that some form of Treasure Team Tango occured in the past, where Team Hooligan met up with Blaze sometime, possibly trying to get the Sol Emerald.

It's like this: the FF's remembered Dr. Eggman's take over of Robotropolis in the past when they "got their memories back". Yes, that happened in the old continuity, but so did it in the new one (with a few changes here and there). It doesn't mean that, say, if Uncle Chuck remembered back to it, it'd be of the old continuity.

So Bean remembers an event in the past where he, Bark & Nack met Blaze, Amy & Cream. Why is that event supposed to be exclusively in the old continuity (other than possibly messing up the Rush continuity, but eh...)?

When they refer to these events as if they happened in the new continuity, they could probably get away with saying, in the footnotes, something like "a slightly abridged recount of events seen in Sonic Universe: Treasure Team Tango graphic novel"

Eh. What's done is done. Blaze had recollections of the old world, possibly due to being from another dimension. Her memories started fading, same as Sonic's did. Some for of Treasure Team Tango happened. Time to move on to more awesome things like Mighty and Ray, and Werehogs and fun.

Even in this new verse, Bean never disappoints.

It amazes me how the folks behind the games can't seem to be anywhere near this interesting in their world, and with the same material to boot.

This! I've said before, but it bears repeating. I'm only into Sonic again right now because of these comics. The games have long since faded from my interest. 

Eh, same with me. Never was a big fan of the games (was a Nintendo kid). I got Adventure 1 & 2 on Gamecube, but that's about it. For the games, I just go to Youtube.

And oh, did Penders' latest tweet bring up some bad memories of watching Sonic 06... and nightmares on how he would handle a human/Mobian relationship...

Maybe it's just my own latent furry tendencies, but I really don't see a human/Mobian relationship as any more disturbing than a hedgehog/squirrel relationship. wink.png

ADDENDUM: Although, if Penders is writing it...

*seriously thinking how she can phrase a spousal abuse joke vis-a-vis Penders's overuse of "beat" in his scripts, but is thinking better of it, since spousal abuse jokes are in pretty poor taste...*

In context of Sonic universe, I could easily imagine the whole human/Mobian relationship stuff being a major centre of controversy and debate in the same way the LGBT debate in the real world is.

One side argues that it shouldn't happen because they can't produce viable offspring (if any) and it borders on bestiality, while the other argues there's no logical reason why two self-aware lifeforms who are in love with and are perfectly capable of providing full consent to eachother can't be together.

• Thumbs Up 1

I point at roger rabbit for when I need an example of a toon and a human relationship. THAT and the fact it was going to be in the series anyway had the american branch wasn't so scared of it. If written correctly it CAN work, if I can believe a BLUE hedgehog going at the speed of sound is ... possible. Then why the hell not. Course Sonic isn't a love story so ye--ah. It's all on the writers and IF they can even produce something like that with respect.

I still need my issue. T.T Fucking mail system and it's stupid system. 

PS The dual memory thing has been confirmed to be done with, so I don't think remembering the old continuity will be referenced again anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

PS The dual memory thing has been confirmed to be done with, so I don't think remembering the old continuity will be referenced again anyway. 

That's a real bummer. Not particularly surprised, given that most of their old memories are linked to material Archie can't use/reference in new stories, but it's still a shame.