Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well Ian may say a lot of things to run people around in a circle, but from what it sounds like, he's saying that as a fan he was a SonSal supporter, but know that he is the actually head writer, he can't show favoritism towards anyone or any paring out there.

But here's my question, why get so defesive and act childish when people are just asking questions? Could it be that Ian is realizing that some fans (long-term) have figured him and his stories out or his still trying his best to cover his rear-end, so that nobody can guess what he has planned for future issues.

Something tells me, that just like with 232's cover being spoiled, much to his dismay, I feel that he may slip up once again before this all said and done, but hey that's just my opinion.

I think you're looking too far into something that isn't there. Kudos for not posted a 20 minute video by the way.

• Thumbs Up 3

•snicker• 20 minute video. Anyways I have an idea, let's let people post ideas about what they think the comic should go, and see if they are shippers or not.

I think you're looking too far into something that isn't there. Kudos for not posted a 20 minute video by the way.

Thank you Toby! Shows I can type my replies.

Anyway, from what we've seen at this forum and other sites, the main deal here is the fact, that fans (whither they like Sally/SonSal or not) are tee'd off at the fact that Ian put us though all this with Genesis and 225 and his false hints of her demise, that now that we see what the result will be, that it's become so dissapointing in the eyes of many, that no one trusts Ian anymore or anything he says.

And I said this before and I'll say it again, Sally's condition won't last but a few issues, perhaps 8-10 issues at the most and that is all. And I still feel, that knowing Ian, that this may be all a nightmarish dream Sonic's having, just like he did in a certain webcomic.

But again, that's just my opinion.

Edited by bwrosas

I think Flynn very well knows what he's doing with this whole shipping business. While I think the whole thing is pretty stupid, these shippers are still putting their 3bux in every month to find out the latest love happenings.

He's like Sideways. Stringing along both the Autobots (SonAmy shippers) and the the Decepticons (SonSal shippers) so that they keep fighting, and ultimately end up supporting Unicron (Archie Comics) through their fighting.

I don't see how it supports Archie in anyway. Everybody looks bad because it has become nothing more than people applying their characteristics on two characters and have their own little fanfiction.

And before I get jumped, I don't like Carlie Cooper in Spider-man for this very reason and I call everything during and after One More Day fanfiction.

It isn't just limited to Sonic.

Anyways I have an idea, let's let people post ideas about what they think the comic should go, and see if they are shippers or not.

Kill the chipmunk squirrel thing!

Genesis has annoyed me so far with Sonic being jealous of Antoine and all that stuff.

I don't see how it supports Archie in anyway. Everybody looks bad because it has become nothing more than people applying their characteristics on two characters and have their own little fanfiction.

Yeah how does a comic makes money at all support the company that own the rights to it? Makes no sense at all right? rolleyes.gif

Also anyone else find it highly hypocritical that Turbojet always claims Sally is the spawn of all evil and that her and Archie elements of the comic should die in favor of more game elements, yet doesn't know a Crabmeat from a Shellcracker or even the proper name for Metropolis?

Kill the chipmunk squirrel thing!

Genesis has annoyed me so far with Sonic being jealous of Antoine and all that stuff.

Yeah, who'd want such a trivial thing as emotions in a comic. I just wanna see Sonic smash stuff non-stop every panel!dry.png Edited by The-Master-Board

This is kinda why Archie should just stop focusing on romantic relationships and more on Sonic's adventures. I mean, killing off the strongest female character in the book isn't going to make the comic any better. However what will make it better is that they stop focusing mainly on Sonic and Sally's relationship and Amy and chasing Sonic and everyone else who used to date Sonic and other relationships and start putting focus on what the comic is really about, Sonic the Hedgehog and adventures. I don't mind a few point on it but not to the point where that's what the comics about or whatnot. Doing that is only going to have a lot of pissed off shippers who won't read the book because of a couple :P

sorry for the ramble tongue.png

Edited by Haruhi Suzumiya ♀
  • Thumbs Up 1

And before I get jumped, I don't like Carlie Cooper in Spider-man for this very reason and I call everything during and after One More Day fanfiction.

It isn't just limited to Sonic.

They support the comic with their money buy buying each and every issue to find out the latest shipping happenings.

Yeah, who'd want such a trivial thing as emotions in a comic. I just wanna see Sonic smash stuff non-stop every panel!dry.png

There can be emotions if the writer knows how to write them. In Genesis it was just plain annoying.

Yeah how does a comic makes money at all support the company that own the rights to it? Makes no sense at all right? rolleyes.gif

Also anyone else find it highly hypocritical that Turbojet always claims Sally is the spawn of all evil and that her and Archie elements of the comic should die in favor of more game elements, yet doesn't know a Crabmeat from a Shellcracker or even the proper name for Metropolis?

It was a question. I haven't played Sonic 1, 2, or 3 since I was 5 and honestly refused to look up the name of a robot crab so I asked someone on this board. Never mind I was just a year and 8 days old when the first Sonic game came out. Sorry if I can't recall every single fucking detail.

I never said all Archie elements should die. Mainly the romantic part of it that displaces everything else. I honestly favor Sonic's personality aka his snarkiness(hell in that very review, I give Ian props for that pretty hilarious remark about Eggman) in this universe than the game. I prefer the potential and the overall setting. The only thing that I want to die down is the romantic plot tumors and the Mary-Sue personality of Sally which kind of ties in with the former. I hate characters like Julie-Su, but that has more to do with Penders' echidna fetish and fucking soultouch and I hate 25 YL because I just don't like future plots in general. I have said this many times and you keep misconstruing it as me being "games" only when I, for one, fucking buy the damn book and I, for two, have defended it against those games only assholes before.

@Aquaslash, and for that this book will forever be viewed as nothing but fanwank for those who don't want progress in the damn plot. It is gotten to the point that Eggman or Sonic aren't even crucial to the plot anymore as they no longer are a real threat (until recently) and everything revolves around romance.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just got iss 229 fun stuff

I found the fan-letter section very condescending, realizing that I'm reading the same comic as these little guys who don't even know what a genesis is, and yet have the nerve to send in a letter to let the world know about there naive...ness. I guess I'm just finding it hard to take, that when Archie gives us something to get nostalgic about, almost all of there readers don't even know what there parodying. Yes, I know that my thoughts are a bit silly, but it's how I felt when I read this. Any of you get the same impression or was it just me?

Edited by dirupti

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

It was a question. I haven't played Sonic 1, 2, or 3 since I was 5 and honestly refused to look up the name of a robot crab so I asked someone on this board. Never mind I was just a year and 8 days old when the first Sonic game came out. Sorry if I can't recall every single fucking detail.

I never said all Archie elements should die. Mainly the romantic part of it that displaces everything else. I honestly favor Sonic's personality aka his snarkiness(hell in that very review, I give Ian props for that pretty hilarious remark about Eggman) in this universe than the game. I prefer the potential and the overall setting. The only thing that I want to die down is the romantic plot tumors and the Mary-Sue personality of Sally which kind of ties in with the former. I hate characters like Julie-Su, but that has more to do with Penders' echidna fetish and fucking soultouch and I hate 25 YL because I just don't like future plots in general. I have said this many times and you keep misconstruing it as me being "games" only when I, for one, fucking buy the damn book and I, for two, have defended it against those games only assholes before.

@Aquaslash, and for that this book will forever be viewed as nothing but fanwank for those who don't want progress in the damn plot. It is gotten to the point that Eggman or Sonic aren't even crucial to the plot anymore as they no longer are a real threat (until recently) and everything revolves around romance.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is kinda why Archie should just stop focusing on romantic relationships and more on Sonic's adventures. I mean, killing off the strongest female character in the book isn't going to make the comic any better. However what will make it better is that they stop focusing mainly on Sonic and Sally's relationship and Amy and chasing Sonic and everyone else who used to date Sonic and other relationships and start putting focus on what the comic is really about, Sonic the Hedgehog and adventures. I don't mind a few point on it but not to the point where that's what the comics about or whatnot. Doing that is only going to have a lot of pissed off shippers who won't read the book because of a couple tongue.png

sorry for the ramble tongue.png

You wanna know something funny? I said all of this in Bumbleking and I got labelled a troll for it.

with Ian, it seems to me that anytime someone criticizes his work, or predicts what will happen in a future storyarc or issue, he gets defensive, to the point that he will/might ban those people from his message forums.

The reason I say that, is because I think, he knows that he can't fool the long-time fans anymore. Not saying he can't do good stories and at times pull some unseen surprises out of his hat, but I think he's starting to run out of story ideas, because with this Sally situation, it's almost a repeat of the Knuckles/Enerjak story in someway or a longer extension of the story from #29, whatever the reason, he's running out of ideas, in my opinion.

You know, if I was in Ian's shoes, Instead of banning folks like you, me and your friends, he should have just put in his rules for his board, that he's trying to attract new readers/fans and if the veteran readers would not spoil the surprises for the new readers by asking certain questions. To me, that would have been simpler, and I'm sure that might have helped.

The only reason for this blow up is because he did something fans old and new don't like or feel is unnecessary, and that's turn Sally into what she will/has become, even if it is for a few issues or so. I really don't think he expected this kind of a response from all sides of the fanbase. I mean, did he actually think everyone would be just ok with it? I wouldn't have. I would have been prepared for the backlash that I knew was/would be coming, if I was Ian that is.

So in closing, again I say this, knowing Ian, this may be all a nightmarish dream Sonic's having, just like he did in a certain webcomic, plus, I also get this feeling, that after it's all said and done, that many fans (here @ the board and other Sonic related sites) will probably not even consider this canon, in other words, just act and pretend that it never happen at all, which I feel many will do.

As well as in final closing, I say this and ask this question, What would you have done If you were in Ian's shoes? Plus, here's my advice, if you have the SatAM DVD Box Set, watch that to bide the time while you wait or read the issues up till or before 225 and Genesis to again bide the time till her situation is over and done with. That's just my advice, because that's what I would do to bide the time.

That's all for now. God Bless!

Don't know why, but I find that very funny ironically.

Its quite humorous, I can understand people not agreeing with me, but there literally about 5 users who were getting on my case because I criticized how Ian handles the character relationships and spotlight distribution.

Not to be a whiner or anything, but I find it funny how 80% of the comments here are always about how romance has ruined the comic, etc etc. It dosent even seem you guys like the comics that much, if at all. :/

Edited by Soniman032-

Not to be a whiner or anything, but I find it funny how 80% of the comments here are always about how romance has ruined the comic, etc etc. It dosent even seem you guys like the comics that much, if at all. :/

Why should we? I admit there are some cool things here and there, but it really doesn't feel like a comic about Sonic the Hedgehog.

More like a furry soap opera featuring Sonic the Hedgehog; A character subservient to a Mary Sue and her idiotic Royal Family just to keep her and her kingdom relevant whilst hugely ignoring said Hedgehog's interactions with other characters including game ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

More like a furry soap opera featuring Sonic the Hedgehog; A character subservient to a Mary Sue and her idiotic Royal Family just to keep her and her kingdom relevant whilst hugely ignoring said Hedgehog's interactions with other characters including game ones.

But don't go to bumbleking and say that, you'll get labelled troll and be told how wrong you are and how good the book is.

Edited by turbojet

Why should we? I admit there are some cool things here and there, but it really doesn't feel like a comic about Sonic the Hedgehog.

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 1