Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I take it we've stopped trying to hide what happens in 225?

If you're on about my post, what I wrote applies to basically everything that pertains to Sally and the associated status quo.

Sally,Sally,Sally. This is what happens when you're not worthy enough to wear the almighty goggles.

Edited by Rynnec
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

So I guess people aren't bothering with the spoilers anymore? <_< My fault I guess for thinking people would be ya know, decent, and not douchebags.

Well I guess since I know now all I can say is fuck you Ian, go faunicate with something sharp and poisonous!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 12

I really don't think that Sally's dead.

I have a feeling that we'll going to find out that Robotnik captured her, brainwashed her, and made her into a member of his Dark Egg Legion.

I have a feeling that we'll going to find out that Robotnik captured her, brainwashed her, and made her into a member of his Dark Egg Legion.

Edited by Attitude Adjustment
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm not quite sure, either. SOMETHING happened to Sally, but we don't fully know what. If anything, Sally could be horribly injured or something else. (I go with either critically injured or killed, though. We'll see what happens in a few months.)

Hey, no need to be immature and bash the author! Be surprised and angry, but bashing the author's just low and not classy. Enjoy the ride and speculate instead. ;)

That said, I do agree that people need to put the updates of Comic #225 in spoilers for the time being.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Bad Quality Post 6

Well the author is the douche who killed off a favourite character of mine.

Edited by Attitude Adjustment

First off, DEL to Sally won't happen.

Now onto to this:

You know folks, we can joke all we want and launch fireworks or riot over what's happen at the end of 225.

But what we can't forget, is this, Ian's eyes are watching!

What I mean, is Ian said on his board at Bumbleking, that he's been visiting every Sonic forum since 225 was released, so he sees what many of us are saying. And I think he looks at what the majority of the overall fanbase on these forums are for and against.

Let's not also forget that he has a DA account and probably sees the SatAMForever, SonicxSally, SallyAcorn, SonSal and even yes, the SonAmy groups and clubs there and along with what he sees on the forums he visits, doesn't take that into account for what will occur after 225 and GENESIS, because he does.

Now let's say, for the sake of agurement, he does kill Sally, doesn't mean she's completely dead from the overall franchise, because she will still live on through the SatAM Series and Box Set, as well as through the issues before 225 and GENESIS and most importantly, Fanart and Fanfiction.

And if you want a good example of what I'm saying, look up Jean Grey from X-Men, for you see, she is alive in the 3 animated series that have been made so far, and most recently, in Marvel Vs Capcom 3, but yet she is dead (at most times) in the comics, and dies at the end of X2 and X3 in the movies.

So even if Ian, pulls the trigger and decides to kill Sally, she will still live on in other forms of media, based on the franchise.

So I guess people aren't bothering with the spoilers anymore? <_< My fault I guess for thinking people would be ya know, decent, and not douchebags.

Well I guess since I know now all I can say is fuck you Ian, go faunicate with something sharp and poisonous!

I assume they killed off a fictional character so I will wish physical harm on a real person!

Stay classy Master-Board. <_<

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 6

Ugh... PEOPLE, PLEASE POST #225 SPOILERS IN F---ING SPOILER TAGS! THIS THING IS BARELY OUT, DAMNIT, AND THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT ISSUE!

Seriously! Its extremely easy! Just like this:

[ spoiler ][/ spoiler ]

Just put all spoilers between the tags, y'know? Its that f---ing simply. Just remove the spaces, putting this one first:

[ spoiler ]

copy-paste your spoilers right after, and then put this:

[/ spoiler ]

All of the f--ing CONSIDERATE people are doing this.

Either way,

Sally's not dead. Its just not gonna happen. We already know she appears in Genesis, anyway, so there's that. But its stated that the "life of a character" is on the line. So no... she's not dead... YET. She may still die later, though.

Granted, I don't like Sally, but I highly doubt Ian's going to kill her off... especially in such a way. As others have noted, previous "dead = dead" characters were killed off with a lot more dignity that what happened to Sally here... and pretty much all of them were relatively minor characters that really weren't that important.

Plus, she's died before, too. She didn't stay dead.

Oh... and if anyone replies to this and says said character by name... USE SPOILER TAGS!

That's all.

Edited by UltimaHedgie

I think I like Darkfox's idea actually.

I would not be against a Legion Sally, it'd create a Kerrigan kind of scenario out of her love arc. But Geoffrey's going through a similar change, it'd feel the same.

Wow, I'm off the ball today... Gotta catch up.

Okay, so, I stepped in earlier when someone who hates a certain character was gloating, and now I'm going to step in and ask that a certain someone who is pro said character calm down and stop wishing harm upon the author for the events in #225. I should have suspected that both sides would get inflamed over the development, but it's gotta stop.

By all means, express your opinion on the events (and use spoiler tags if mentioning names or specific occurrences beyond the preview pages), but please be civil.

Sorry I'm late on this. Blah.

Yeah, I'm in agreement that Sally isn't dead or at least, critically injured. With Ian being a fan of Sally and all, I doubt they would kill her off anti-climatically with a turret. She would have gone out with a bang or more epically such as leading an army into battle, kicking @$$ and dying with dignity. This kind of 'death' is most likely to build drama or tension and I doubt she'll die so easily. If it is official, the sonally/sally fans are going to be breathing down his neck for that. Also, the death of Sally would seem likely to be shock death for the sake of shock reaction out of many readers, and it would be stooping down to DC's Countdown series low esp. if it doesn't lead to character development or doesn't hold significance to the plot. I know Ian is smarter than to do something tasteless as that hopefully.

Edited by AdventChild

Ian's just collecting information for future use. He's want to see what will win out for the future as far as said character or characters go.

Plus, if GENESIS has anything to do with 225 and 230 in October, then it's Ian's way of tying and getting rid of plotholes and making one contuniious story to work with for all fans to enjoy.

I got the issue today.

My first reaction was..

HAHAHAHAHAH! I swear, you people need to actually read the issue first before you jump to conclusions. I honestly think that Archie has been trolling everyone with this.

Sally didn't "die" at all, she was just the first one hit by Eggman's laser! It's going to hit everybody else as well too and envelop everything. The way I saw it was that this was the equivalent of Eggman pressing the reset button on his Genesis system to restart everything over, which will then lead into Genesis. Snively alluded to it as well, too. "It's going to affect us all too, you know."

Eggman: "Bah, you won't feel a thing."

Eggman is the balliest guy ever.

Overall, the issue was fine; but I wouldn't exactly call it as "epic" as Archie has been going on about it in their previews. I'm much more interest in the development on what exactly Eggman's laser actually does, and how Genesis will make it's way back in-continuity when we come back in issue 230.

Can't wait for Genesis next issue.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got the issue today.

My first reaction was..

HAHAHAHAHAH! I swear, you people need to actually read the issue first before you jump to conclusions. I honestly think that Archie has been trolling everyone with this.

Sally didn't "die" at all, she was just the first one hit by Eggman's laser! It's going to hit everybody else as well too and envelop everything. The way I saw it was that this was the equivalent of Eggman pressing the reset button on his Genesis system to restart everything over, which will then lead into Genesis. Snively alluded to it as well, too. "It's going to affect us all too, you know."

Overall, the issue was fine; but I wouldn't exactly call it as "epic" as Archie has been going on about it in their previews. I'm much more interest in the development on what exactly Eggman's laser actually does, and how Genesis will make it's way back in-continuity when we come back in issue 230.

YEAH! Ever hear of"Turtles Forever"

I got the issue today.

My first reaction was..

Ian Flynn had this to say, over at Bumbleking:

For the folks complaining about the lack of "on screen" death:

If he had shown it, we wouldn't be an all-ages book anymore. What happened to Sally was unfit for the eyes of small children and people of weak constitutions.

Take that as you will ^^;

• Thumbs Up 1

If he had shown it, we wouldn't be an all-ages book anymore. What happened to Sally was unfit for the eyes of small children and people of weak constitutions.

Take that as you will ^^;

Woah.

I don't think I've ever asked for something in Sonic to be un-rated, but I kinda want one now just to really know what happened. :o

I assume they killed off a fictional character so I will wish physical harm on a real person!

Stay classy Master-Board. <_<

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 8

Edited by Chooch