Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

• 3 weeks later...

Say, does anyone from Bumbleking remember this?

The SCO story starts with Sonic piloting the classic Tornado while he escapes from Scrap Brain Zone with the Swatbots chasing him, Tails is nowhere to be seen. Sonic lands on "Mount Robotnik", on the first floor he is looking for a capsule but a robot, "Scorpius", finds him, though Sonic knocks him out easily and smashes the capsule; Sally pops up and asks Sonic what happened to the city, Sonic doesn't answer as Scorpius reappears and the battle resumes while a mysterious silhouette is spying them.

Any idea where that originally came from?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is late, but Matt Herms shared the raw first pages from "The Case of the Pirate Princess"

(the Indiana Jones parody is my favorite)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 2018-04-17 at 2:40 PM, DabigRG said:

Say, does anyone from Bumbleking remember this?

Any idea where that originally came from?

I don't know, but it sounds neat.

3 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

What could have been...these look so epic!

Cortez and Null Mind really would've shaken things up on a more personal level.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, they picked the worst time to pull the plug on this series looking at those images.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, chaosjam said:

THOSE PAGES.....

3_ED833_DE_705_F_48_E3_BCCE_17_E859336_B

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

7 hours ago, chaosjam said:

Really didn't even imagine they made it to the inking stage.

Aw well. At some point once the series and characters are established we'll get great stuff like this in the IDW comic.

...I mean, sans the Freedom Fighters. Maybe. I mean, I dunno. Heck, maybe we'll get this storyline down the road if they ever get reintroduced.

5 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Aw well. At some point once the series and characters are established we'll get great stuff like this in the IDW comic.

...I mean, sans the Freedom Fighters. Maybe. I mean, I dunno. Heck, maybe we'll get this storyline down the road if they ever get reintroduced.

If they were to be reintroduced, they'll probably get new backstories again. New continuity, and all that. 

I think the Freedom Fighters arc for Sonic Universe would have been great...

• Promotion 1

11 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I think the Freedom Fighters arc for Sonic Universe would have been great...

Eh, it was seemingly less of an arc and more of an anthology. Even more so than the first Universe arc, in fact.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Eh, it was seemingly less of an arc and more of an anthology. Even more so than the first Universe arc, in fact.

Arc or anthology. It still looked promising.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

Finished the Knuckles comic series for the first time in a while.

Honestly, while it has its faults, I still think it holds up. Penders' dialogue, while needlessly flowery, can be pretty darn funny at times. Knuckles in particular has some great one-liners. I also think Penders did a good job mixing slice-of-life and character moments with action. I'm not surprised people loved it back in the day. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Oh, man, I would love to own one of those pieces!! They look great!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I’ve been thinking lately, Blaze’s story in the post-SGW canon up to Pirate Plunder Panic would be a lot more interesting if it was a mix of her game appearances and her pre-SGW story.

For example:

• The events of, or events similar to Sonic Rush happens. Blaze’s search for the Sol Emeralds starts here.
  • Events similar to Sonic Rush Adventure happens. Here it’s more or less the same as how it played out in the old canon (as shown in SU#1): Sonic and Blaze battle “Dr. Nega”, and Blaze still hasn’t found all the emeralds yet.
  • Next, Blaze returns to Sonic’s world when she learns there’s a Sol Emerald hidden in Eggman’s amusement part (Sonic Colours DS), she is helped out by Amy and Cream. Maybe a psuedo-Treasure Team Tango story occurs here.
  • Blaze sticks around on Sonic’s world, eventually attending Sonic’s birthday party and being pulled into the Time Eater stuff.
  • Blaze returns to her dimension, where she remains until the events of Worlds Collide.
  • Worlds Collide and PPP happens.
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I’ve been thinking lately, Blaze’s story in the post-SGW canon up to Pirate Plunder Panic would be a lot more interesting if it was a mix of her game appearances and her pre-SGW story.

For example:

• The events of, or events similar to Sonic Rush happens. Blaze’s search for the Sol Emeralds starts here.
  • Events similar to Sonic Rush Adventure happens. Here it’s more or less the same as how it played out in the old canon (as shown in SU#1): Sonic and Blaze battle “Dr. Nega”, and Blaze still hasn’t found all the emeralds yet.
  • Next, Blaze returns to Sonic’s world when she learns there’s a Sol Emerald hidden in Eggman’s amusement part (Sonic Colours DS), she is helped out by Amy and Cream. Maybe a psuedo-Treasure Team Tango story occurs here.
  • Blaze sticks around on Sonic’s world, eventually attending Sonic’s birthday party and being pulled into the Time Eater stuff.
  • Blaze returns to her dimension, where she remains until the events of Worlds Collide.
  • Worlds Collide and PPP happens.

What about the events of SU#1? Metal Sonic is still in her world as Captain Metal, even implying the events of that issue. So that means that story, even if it's pre-reboot, must have happened.

I know i'm repeating myself here, but ohh, i wish i had more money RN.

EDIT: And all the SU#95 pages are sold already.

Wow.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish I had more money right now t--

Oh wait, I do for once, time to buy one. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

I'm still bitter over the STH #252 reboot because of how so many characters such as Geoffrey St. John, Julie-Su, Saffron Bee, Lien-Da, Fiona Fox, Hershey the Cat, and many others with potential were removed. Some characters could have even used more development, and now they won't ever get it because of the reboot. Even if it's super duper unlikely, I would like to see select pre-reboot characters make it into IDW Sonic in the future sometime after 2020. Or better yet, maybe they all could appear in some future Sonic cartoon show or spinoff Sonic game series. Of course, they might have to get rights from the creators of those characters.

55 minutes ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

I'm still bitter over the STH #252 reboot because of how so many characters such as Geoffrey St. John, Julie-Su, Saffron Bee, Lien-Da, Fiona Fox, Hershey the Cat, and many others with potential were removed. Some characters could have even used more development, and now they won't ever get it because of the reboot. Even if it's super duper unlikely, I would like to see select pre-reboot characters make it into IDW Sonic in the future sometime after 2020. Or better yet, maybe they all could appear in some future Sonic cartoon show or spinoff Sonic game series. Of course, they might have to get rights from the creators of those characters.

Yeah, that last part... I don't think the creators, ESPECIALLY Penders, are EVER giving up their creations. Besides, Ian said it's already highly unlikely that he'll be able to continue the REBOOT, so the chances of the preboot being continued (officially, at least) are next to nil. I'm sorry I sound harsh, but it's just the bitter cold truth.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1