Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

19 hours ago, Meta77 said:

i meant to say many hid underground in station square if i recall correctly and just mass produced there and some humans came after the bombing on the outside. Yea I post on my phone till i get home from work.

Yeah, I recall it that way too. By the way wasn't it implied like there could've been more pockets of "ancients" around the Mobius/Earth?

I supposed the phone thing, happens to me pretty often even if I double-check or check even more, I just wanted to be certain what you meant. Thanks. ^_^

7 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Yeah, I recall it that way too. By the way wasn't it implied like there could've been more pockets of "ancients" around the Mobius/Earth?

I supposed the phone thing, happens to me pretty often even if I double-check or check even more, I just wanted to be certain what you meant. Thanks. ^_^

Yes. I forget the issue stating it....yea I forget but station square was just the "main" area and some were shocked life came back on the outside. Plus some went to  space

• Thumbs Up 1

He probably meant more in the sense that if the whole comic is done, it'll eventually come out, but not that the license has changed hands or anything. More in the sense how unpublished comics tend to have enough demand over the decades that eventually some niche publisher releases them, even if 40 years down the line.

• Thumbs Up 4

@The KKM I'm personally hoping for a 40-year Mega Drive hiatus. It would give the book a double-layer of retro so we could all sit around being nostalgic for the old days when we used to be nostalgic for the older days.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

"realesed at some point, if not by someone else"

What does that mean?

Possibly new publisher, which for overdrive makes sense. That's a game ass game thing. I don't know if anything else would continue

5 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

Blaze is literally all Sally should have been to begin with. Even Elise served her purpose well enough and didn't overstay her welcome (inb4 bestiality)

Turns out , if you make a character actually cool, give them actual flaws, give them actual cool powers, and make their design good people will just... ask for them to be around instead of say, you forcing them into everything over everything. Strange. 

• Thumbs Up 3

There's also the scarcity argument. If Blaze were the center of the FF and Sally were off in another dimension, people might be asking to see more of Sally.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Borvoc said:

There's also the scarcity argument. If Blaze were the center of the FF and Sally were off in another dimension, people might be asking to see more of Sally.

No

Because I like blaze

You know who's around all the time, amy and tails. You know who I like, amy and tails. Blaze is actually a cool character, people would like her to be around more, because she's a cool character. Same for shadow, same for kncukles same for every cool character. Yes them being away allows people to miss them, but for you to miss them requires you to like them. And I feel blaze is a much better character, and if roles were reversed, there wouldn't really be much of a ruckus over sally, there isn't much of ruckus over blaze, she's not that popular and sega never tried to make her more popular.  But to suggest these characters are equal footing if the other is gone is sorta silly. 

Rotor could die in a fire right now, and it wouldn't been soon enough for me. Sometimes folks don't miss characters

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, Blaze is pretty much in a league of her own when it comes to fan perception, and a lot of it boils down to the traits that's she's comprised of. If you swapped them around, people would probably just see Sally as another occasional side character it'd be nice to see but don't mind if don't they see her again so soon, not one who's being clamoured for like Blaze is. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Its not so much a league on her own, its the Sega officially designed league of unified design. They get exposed more, more people know em ect ect. Bonus though sally is one of the characters who survived the reboot who I feel, their design even after redesign , doesn't really look sonic-ey? She doesn't look like a sonic character to me, a lot of the sonic animal characters I see have elements that her character does not have , that the new rebooted characters do have. And it makes her look weird as a result, i've always felt that way about both her designs, ontop of her character evolution from annoying forced princess character to...nothing special kinda forced princess character. 

I feel like , like you said if she were background I wouldn't be as annoyed be her, but i would not desire her around. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Update on the Overdrive comic cancellation listing, according to what Ian Flynn said to a fan on Twitter.

Uh..about that last part. I don't think Ian would have said that. He is not the kind of guy who would flat out drop the bomb that Archie is no longer producing the comics. He is not one to speculate, given his position and how he has been trying to stay professional in these kinds of situations.

Also Stefan is part of FTCR, who most of the group have been known for wanting the Sonic Comics to be published by IDW instead of Archie.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Yeah, Blaze is pretty much in a league of her own when it comes to fan perception, and a lot of it boils down to the traits that's she's comprised of. If you swapped them around, people would probably just see Sally as another occasional side character it'd be nice to see but don't mind if don't they see her again so soon, not one who's being clamoured for like Blaze is. 

Yeah I feel like that's not really a good comparison. If you swapped Blaze and Sally and keep the personalities and backgrounds intact then that would make Blaze the famed leader of the FF's with a stoic no-nonsense aptitude but gradually opens herself more to Sonic and his allies, becoming the leader of them. Whereas Sally would just be a character that appeared in Sonic Rush and wasn't that memorable due to being a rather generic run-off the mill heroine with at most some family issues. And you would have to swap Blaze's gameplay for Sally, which I imagine wouldn't be as fast as Sonic and her gimmick would be the laser meele swords. Sally just isn't cool in the same way that Blaze is.

30 minutes ago, JC_Mike said:

Uh..about that last part. I don't think Ian would have said that. He is not the kind of guy who would flat out drop the bomb that Archie is no longer producing the comics. He is not one to speculate, given his position and how he has been trying to stay professional in these kinds of situations.

Yeah, more likely that wasn't part of the quote and is just Stefan suggesting the possibility.

Basically, assuming I'm interpreting that tweet correctly anyway: Ian said "Overdrive is done," so it's possible we'll see it eventually and in theory it could end up published by someone else.

• Thumbs Up 5

The problem is that the assumption that Overdrive will see release one day because that's how comics usually work kinda falls flat when you factor in the fact that SEGA does not behave like a typical licencor. They are super fickle about what they want consumers to see, even moreso than Nintendo. If they don't want it to happen, it's shit out of luck. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't want to continue an argument here, but everyone comparing Sally to Blaze in a negative way makes me want to dislike Blaze. I like both characters as they are, and I feel that people are unfairly character-hating.

Edit: I pretty much like all the characters in the book--at least post-reboot, and I would never want a character to "die in a fire". I'll be opinionated about Elise's design and characterization, but even I'm open to a better representation or interpretation of her character.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't hate the characters, it's really the bigots that are the problem.

Ya don't nor can you speak for a large, diverse, and divided group that is the Sonic fandom in its entirety folks.

People need to stop doing that--just because you like a character doesn't mean everyone else does.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Edit: I pretty much like all the characters in the book--at least post-reboot, and I would never want a character to "die in a fire". I'll be opinionated about Elise's design and characterization, but even I'm open to a better representation or interpretation of her character.

Wow man that is pretty extreme. I don't want anyone to die in a fire or something like that. Jeez. I mean Elise is pretty hated and I would defend her. I was just saying that Blaze and Sally are not really the best comparison to make.

Well he wasn't referring to you all that much when he said that... 

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't want to continue an argument here, but everyone comparing Sally to Blaze in a negative way makes me want to dislike Blaze. I like both characters as they are, and I feel that people are unfairly character-hating.

I mean I formulate my opinions on characters based on their merits, not how other people feel about them. But you do you breh. 

That's you, there are some characters I feel better were removed. The reason I mention rotor is because I don't feel like he contributes anything interesting to the dynamic of the comic, and never really has. Ontop of the fact that I personally find him to be poorly designed. You may like him, that's fine. 

5 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Eh, I dislike both to be honest. Not to the point of wanting them to die in a fire (not any more for Sally anyway), but I don't find them interesting. Trust me, my analysis was purely from a stance of market pragmatism. 

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Eh, I dislike both to be honest. Not to the point of wanting them to die in a fire (not any more for Sally anyway), but I don't find them interesting. Trust me, my analysis was purely from a stance of market pragmatism. 

May I ask why you don't like blaze?

I find most people are indifferent towards the character than actual disdain? I would be interested in your reasoning?

To be honest I don't hate Rotor either but the fact that almost no one mentions him when defending the FF's and their merits says enough. He's not a bad character, he just doesn't do much.