Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Exactly. But in Battle he has his memories, which he doesn't have in Heroes. So it has to take place after that because Shadow's game takes place after Heroes since they follow up with the Shadow Android plot. 

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I've been reading comics and playing games since I was very little. I consume both pieces of media fairly easy, but on that note it allows me to be more privy to bullshit in either when I see it. 

See response above. 

Maybe, if you think so, maybe practice writing. Just because someone does a shit job and get paid for it, doesn't mean you can't do a better one. Someone got paid to write batman vs superman. Though that whole... ordeal was probably more zach Snyder's fault. But I think you get my point. 

I feel as though that's not a good mindset. Just because you can't do a better job, doesn't mean you can't call out someones shit one. Example, how many game reviews you think actually know the ins an outs of making games. Some do ,honestly many don't especially those starting on YouTube. But their opinions are still valid positive or negative about the games they choose to review. Yeah I do professional art for stuff sometimes for game stuff, doesn't mean that I have more of a privilege to call out  shitgames. One because games are a complicated thing made in parts different teams depending on the project size.. and i'm rambling. But point is, my illustrative experience allows me to have a different perspective while talking shit ,but I can still talk shit and so can you. 

Well, that's actually pretty nice thing that you've got it so balanced, I suppose it gives a perspective where it's actually more natural to compare the comics and the game versions with each other, but I wonder, does it ever make you feel like it's hard to talk about the other without referencing the other since you've been into both for approximately an equal length of time? I'm just feeling curious, I hope this isn't too personal of a question...

Well, I've written some stuff but it's either unprofessional or scientifical. I mean, it's easier to point out other's mistakes, and that's a reason why it's really important to have a good editor that points out mistakes and such but doesn't fancy themselves as a writer of the product, I think. And yeah, I think I get where you're going with this, and in a way you're right. ^_^

Well, it may not be a good mindset, but that's what you get when living in here (not all the people in here, but it is kind of usual I think). I don't think others can't have an opinion, but I'm such an insecure person that as long as I don't feel I know exactly what I'm talking about I try to be as cautious as possible. I'll try and voice my concerns but I'm not pushing them on others too hard (at least I hope so..). And still sometimes I get so agitated I went all out. And even if I'm arguing, I try to argue with opinions and things, not with the people spouting them out, but then again I'm not too sure if I'm any good at at either. Some reviewers got more guts than I/they have a role of which backside they can take cover should anything happen. It's nice you've something you can use as a comparing material though. I myself am not that lucky. And I feel it's important to have respect for others about their work, (since work does take energy, whether it's good or bad,) were they professionals or not. And I suppose rambling about stuff like that isn't that bad, like anybody's interested in my opinion about that. I like to make remarks but I try my best not to be too aggressive with those, knowing I may be no better. Having heard a lot about that in my childhood might have something to do with that. Kids know very well what they do when they diss others, adults are just too scared to admit it...

Not to mention that Shadow was still recovering in Battle. He could barely fight anyone. In Heroes, he looked to be at peak physical condition.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RictalRose0 said:

Exactly. But in Battle he has his memories, which he doesn't have in Heroes. So it has to take place after that because Shadow's game takes place after Heroes since they follow up with the Shadow Android plot. 

Or he just eventually remembered or someone told him what exactly happened.

This is why you don't make a game with 10 multiple endings that are non canon and decide in the canon ending Shadow decides to forget the past.

No see Battle has to take place after Heroes because Heroes is right after Adventure 2. Eggman picked up Shadow after he fell from space. And how exactly would Shadow lose his memories from Battle to Shadow the Hedgehog? Hence Battle takes place after Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog.

There's no need to keep talking about Shadow's game appearances in the Archie thread, yeah?

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair, this all branched off a discussion regarding how Shadow's story was treated in the games vs. the comics, which is entirely on-topic.

• Thumbs Up 3

So this probably doesn't mean anything but apparently Tracy Yardley is at SC ComicCon.  Now what I'm scratching my head at is the fact that he is able to advertise his work with the sonic comics there. He even has a big sign right by his table and everything going by one of the pictures I saw.

Why this is confusing to me is that we all know that Archie and Lovallo have not said anything about the comics or even advertised them since the hiatus began. However, Yardley is still able to show his work at the convention, which essentially means he is advertising the comics. So, if the hypothetical scenario that the conics cancellation is true, would they not want anybody who works on the comics to advertise them at all? Does Yardley need permission from someone at Archie/Sega to showcase his work that he did for them?

I assume when you say that Tracy Yardley! has a big sign by his table that the sign is advertising the Sonic book and his work on it? If so, I assume Mr. Yardley! can do whatever he wants so long as he is representing himself as opposed to representing Archie. Many actors, artists, etc., advertise their work on various things that aren't even ongoing anymore. It's like the convention version of a resume. They can never tell you not to advertise what you've done (unless the project is yet to be announced and you're still under nondisclosure). For example, Mark Hamill has no ownership of either the Batman or the Star Wars universe, but there's no way he's ever going to a convention without advertising that he is both the Joker and Luke Skywalker.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also Evan Stanley is doing the same for a convention and she ain't getting in trouble. So it's probably not a big deal for an artist to advertise that stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, let's agree that Battle takes place after Shadow the Hedgehog.

Anyway, back to the original argument.

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

He chooses to do those things, in that game you can also listen to no one and just murder eggman. 

He's kind of just copying and following Omega then.

"I think I might be a robot clone. Time to kill my creator."

That's also a little inconsistent.

Black Doom tells him to collect him to all 7 Chaos Emeralds and Shadow questions him.

Eggman tells him he's a robot and he believes him?

I thought Knuckles was the gullible one?

Also, the Last Story contradicts this ending.

No, if you are talking about the story you presented. There are elements of that story, like say eclipse that are continuous problems, that bring who he is , what he's about and his general unknowingness of those two things into question. Him saying the line, it seems you think , that's the whole of his arc.. its more than that. Its a myriad of things. 

He still deals with that by himself, no matter how many allies he has, he can't use them to fight the insecurities he has about who he is. Which, is the point of that story. 

Are you sure he's insecure?

When he tells Eclipse in SU 60, "My home is the shattered world below. I made a promise to protect that world. You and the Black Arms would see it destroyed. My path is clear!" he seems to know who he is.

When Eclipse asks again for Shadow to join him in SU 68, he says, "I swore to the professor I would protect this world. I swore to Maria I would give the people a chance to be happy. And that means ending you!" There's a even a footnote referencing Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedghehog here.

He had to get through a whole game, to get that point. Litterally murdering the people who could help him find out what exactly he is, the black arms  to get that point He didn't just show up to a house in the middle of another story with a stupid disk, and then the problem was solved. 

Which whole? What murders?

The Last Story literally skips whatever happens after Shadow goes for Westopolis and shows him collecting the last Chaos Emerald somewhere in the Black Comet.

We have no information on what, how, and when Shadow got there.

Heck, even the rebooted Archie Sonic universe can't fully tell us what Shadow did during his own game saga.

It's pretty much the same thing but without the paralysis gas and super fight.

I mean the Red Lobster that Snively uses isn't that bad of a robot but to each their own.

8 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

I prefer it over any path and ending in Shadow the Hedgehog.

It summarizes the game in one issue and moves Shadow to eventually joining G.U.N. and forming Team Dark.

Even the 124-125 story was a better alien invasion story than that game.

And here I thought I was the only one that thought that, as lacking as it was in hindsight.

Sad that was done during one of the lamer periods of the comic, but it's hilarious how much more competent it was in showing Shadow's survival at least.

13 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

And here I thought I was the only one that thought that, as lacking as it was in hindsight.

Sad that was done during one of the lamer periods of the comic, but it's hilarious how much more competent it was in showing Shadow's survival at least.

Wait you mean that horrible alien plot of oh we thought we nuked you hard.  seems not  hard enough let's make a black hole this  time. So to stop it im going to run into it really really hard. I like the art work but the story had way to much hype going in. I do miss those badass covers though from like 120-124

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Wait you mean that horrible alien plot of oh we thought we nuked you hard.  seems not  hard enough let's make a black hole this  time. So to stop it im going to run into it really really hard. I like the art work but the story had way to much hype going in. I do miss those badass covers though from like 120-124

Yeah, that one with the Xorda.

Was just another "make a random plot with Sonic in it" that hilariously preceded a Sonic game dealing with alien invasion. Not really that great if not pointless given that the Xorda didn't play anything all that major, but what's funny is that despite all its problems it handled itself with much more tact than ShTH--it didn't have any guns cussing to sound hardcore which alienated a lot of fans, and resolved the main question over Shadow survival without any identity crisis screwing up his character in the first six pages than his own game did by pointlessly dancing around it with all these "what if" scenarios until ten minutes into the fucking true final boss.

What's messed up is that this was during the age of Penders reign...

• Thumbs Up 1

Hhaha no the Xorda weren't any better that the Black Arms. God was that thing strange. I'm pretty sure Bollers only did it to screw up Pender's lore anyway. 

For as stupid as the Black Arms were they were just another one-shot villain that only affected the background of one character, that being Shadow. The Xorda on the other hand messed up the entire setting and continuity/lore of the series by implying Mobius was Earth thousands of years in the future after the Xorda caused the apolypse by unleashing their ultimate weapon... Furries. And from that came the "Mobians" and the "Overlanders" and a bunch of other stuff that I would rather not think about. And no one even cares about them or wants to remember it happened anyway. 

Yea least the black arms came in killing people and with a actual plan. They were tired of waiting in line at red robins and came to earth to eat us and get the chaos emeralds

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I don't know about you guys but as far as I can see, if any alien race were to come to this planet right now to see whether or not we're worthy enough to become their allies, I'd probably try and take its inhabitants down, especially if they'd decide to dissect their ambassador/something... We just look so uncivilised and warmongering race from outside of the box.

So at this point I don't think it was that stupid at all (that spacebrainsquid-thing), actually, though I prefer the idea of space aliens being something more of a just "consists-of-one-cell" lifeform, feels more possible that way.

Yeah aliens ripped off from TMNT that come to Earth and destroy by throwing some magic science gas that turns animals into Anthros and that SOMEHOW causes the collapse of civilization as we know it. And then said Aliens decide to just... dissapear. And then when asked where the Xorda where the comic just went "lmao theyre fighting the black arms far away dont ask again"

7 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

How did the Xorda mess up the lore exactly? It's not like it contridicted anything.

You got to dig deep to explain. Basically if my 90s childhood self recalls they had the typical dinosaurs walking around story but a meteor shower wiped them out and over time furries and humans came around.  the xorda basically nuked earth cause humans dissected one of their peace keeps and nuked earth making more furries and humans..........its puzzling honestly

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

How did the Xorda mess up the lore exactly? It's not like it contridicted anything.

It changes the whole perception of how we saw "Mobius". Previous to that it was just a weird alien planet with anthros and humans. What the Xorda did was give us an explanation as to why it was like that. And it was an explanation that we did not need and that Bollers didn't exactly put that much thought into. Yet another time the comic added unnecesary lore that it would go on to ignore anyway because we just HAVE to contrive the plot and overcomplicate things every single issue up in here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I thought Mobians and Overlanders were the consequences of that bomb-thing... go figure. :huh: