Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You all are horrible people :|

Don't go calling out people here because the cover artist made the 'rain' look like anything but rain.

I think you're still seeing too much of a bias against Tails.... I think this story was supposed to finally be the end to most of that, since his first arc didn't really do that (like I said he always was rescued by everyone else).

I think what it comes down to is that if that arc was really supposed to 'finally be the end' to all that, as you say, then damn it's late in coming. I mean really... did it take long enough? XD I'm pretty sure this isn't the end to all that.

Sadly, I don't think the references to Tails being the young one will stop now that he's had that arc. That's his role and they're happy to have an excuse to keep him out of most of the main fray.

By the way, I know little about this traitor arc or hints dropped to it, but is St. John or Max Acorn a candidate?

So this idea seems to be pretty popular at Bumbleking. Any thoughts on this theory?

The disgruntled and former King retaking the throne from the Council and his son, with St. John as ever the loyalist.

Edited by Dabnikz

Don't go calling out people here because the cover artist made the 'rain' look like anything but rain.

It looked like rain to me, until you lot and the people at Retro started going on about it. Even now, I have to be reminded of it in order to think that way.

I maintain that you're all sick freaks colbert.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does his bike have the Black Arms insignia on it?

300px-BlackArmsInsignia.png

The so-called "Black Arms" insignia is also for Shadow, as well. Considering the fact that he's part Black Arm, technically, it makes sense, and the insignia was largely used to represent Shadow for the game promotions, anyway. The fact that the Black Arms themselves happen to use that insignia doesn't mean it can't apply to Shadow, either, once again considering the fact that it was used for SHADOW before we even see the Black Arms using it (later in the game).

Are we sure it's the Black Arms insignia anyway? That's what I've always assumed after I saw it on the floor in the Black Comet, but thinking about it now, that doesn't prove much. Did this logo appear anywhere else in the game?

Are we sure it's the Black Arms insignia anyway? That's what I've always assumed after I saw it on the floor in the Black Comet, but thinking about it now, that doesn't prove much. Did this logo appear anywhere else in the game?

Doesn't it prove everything? We see it on sort of... pillar structures in the Black Comet with other symbols that glow. The mere fact that it's on the Black Comet proves it's a Black Arm symbol. SEGA probably made it randomly, but it could have some sort of meaning to it. It could be like a Chinese character and mean something cool like "warrior" or something.

Also I don't get why people are trying to work out if Sandblast city is Asian, Middle Eastern or American, does it really matter?

If it doesn't matter to you why are you concerned about it for other people? They want to work out the if Sandblast is Asian, Middle Eastern or American so that they can see where the inspiration came from. And honestly, there's quite a lot of it in the series.

I don't want this to be shitty like Sonic Unleashed and try to copy our world. This is Mobius, we can have a city with Middle Eastern architecture and Texan talking rabbits if we want.

The Sonic series has been copying our world arguably since Sonic 3 & Knuckles, with the jungles of Angel Island, the Greek like structures of Marble Garden, the Egyptian archtecture and ruins of Sandopolis. And it continued even further as we went into the Adventures which copied our world 10 years before Unleashed.

And the Comics have already done this pre-Unleashed as well, with settings such as the Dragon Kingdom for example.

Middle Eastern architecture with a Texan talking inhabitant isn't really straying off the real world, as they both exist in the real world and you can put them both together in any setting. The only thing that isn't realistic about it would be the talking rabbit, and even then is that such a big deal whether or not Sonic's world is based on our own but with some major twists? That's what has always been around in the series, be it the comics or the games.

It's like the Sly Cooper series, which basically IS our world only with animals in place of humans along with it's own unique locations that aren't likely to exist in the same sense they would in real life. Except, real world locations aren't the only settings in the average world which Sonic resides in, and there are still parts of our world that Unleashed twists that isn't so real world like: The wide bridges on the trees of Mazuri, large barrels rolling down Spagonia, portions of Empire City that are not likely to be seen in real life. Call me hypocritical for calling you out on it, but I'm not seeing what the problem is after practically a decade of having this in other games within the series.

Really? Sure looks like rain to me!

No offense, but that is the most disgusting looking "rain" I've ever seen.

I blame all the other comments that pointed out how it looked, but still that would've looked dirty either way I wanted to look at it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

• Sonic News

Consistently, every Tails solo-adventure has been about him "finally" proving he's not too young, while simultaneously showing how 'inexperienced' he is. He's been doing that same little act, again and again, for over a decade.

....wait, what? He was incredibly competent and experienced in the Tails Adventure arc. One of the plot points was Tails reflecting just how FAR he'd come since his original mini series. Heck, even Antoine acknowledged this, albeit while still patronizing him. Tails has proven himself to Sonic and the other FFs a long time ago. There was nothing about the Tails Adventure arc that suggested he was "finally" proving himself or that he was inexperienced. He cleverly took down a two ton mech that Antoine and Bunny couldn't handle, while at the same time orchestrating the destruction of the Battle Bird Fortress. Yes, Antoine and Bunnie where impressed, but that's because Tails pulled off was pretty impressive, even for him.

As for Tails not being a full fledged freedom fighter...come on guys, he was like, five when that happened. Sonic and co weren't exactly kicking ass and taking names at that age when Robotnik took over.

That was exactly my thought. It doesn't look like water. It's acting like a much more thick and gloopy substance without the translucency of H2O.

583px-Sonicchannel_chaos.png

Traitor is Chaos Zero confirmed.

Doesn't it prove everything? We see it on sort of... pillar structures in the Black Comet with other symbols that glow. The mere fact that it's on the Black Comet proves it's a Black Arm symbol.

Exactly. It's all over the Black Comet and Black Doom has a similar thing as a medallion on his massive bling necklace. I can understand it being on the "Shadow Rifle" because that's presumably of Black Arms manufacture (it certainly looks like it's of Black Arms manufacture). The motorbike, however, probably isn't.

EDIT: No, wait, I worked it out because UltimaHedgie's wrong. The bike Shadow has at the start of ShtH has a GUN symbol on it; the Black Arms sigil only appears on Black Arms things in that game. Superstars Racing isn't canonical anyway, but even if it was one could argue that (since it takes place after Shadow's learned the truth about his genesis) he could have put the symbol on his bike HIMSELF since he's the (not entirely reluctant?) sole inheritor of his extinct race's heritige and purpose... holy shit Shadow is Knuckles.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen
  • Thumbs Up 2

Superstars Racing isn't canonical anyway, but even if it was one could argue that (since it takes place after Shadow's learned the truth about his genesis) he could have put the symbol on his bike HIMSELF since he's the (not entirely reluctant?) sole inheritor of his extinct race's heritige and purpose... holy shit Shadow is Knuckles.

Except Knuckles isn't a genetic freak engineered by his father - oh wait he is in Archie... Holy shit Shadow is Knuckles.

Edited by Dabnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

583px-Sonicchannel_chaos.png

Traitor is Chaos Zero confirmed.

Exactly. It's all over the Black Comet and Black Doom has a similar thing as a medallion on his massive bling necklace. I can understand it being on the "Shadow Rifle" because that's presumably of Black Arms manufacture (it certainly looks like it's of Black Arms manufacture). The motorbike, however, probably isn't.

EDIT: No, wait, I worked it out because UltimaHedgie's wrong. The bike Shadow has at the start of ShtH has a GUN symbol on it; the Black Arms sigil only appears on Black Arms things in that game. Superstars Racing isn't canonical anyway, but even if it was one could argue that (since it takes place after Shadow's learned the truth about his genesis) he could have put the symbol on his bike HIMSELF since he's the (not entirely reluctant?) sole inheritor of his extinct race's heritige and purpose... holy shit Shadow is Knuckles.

I never said it was on the bike in that game. All I'm saying is that the symbol was used heavily in the promotions for the game as a representation of Shadow. It isn't until later in the game where the symbol is shown as being related to the Black Arms.

In any case, the bike is based on the one from Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing which is in turn based on Shadow's bike from Sonic '06 (I don't know if the symbol is on the bike in '06, but other than that the ASR and 06 bikes are almost identical in appearance).

Superstars Racing isn't canonical anyway, but even if it was one could argue that (since it takes place after Shadow's learned the truth about his genesis) he could have put the symbol on his bike HIMSELF since he's the (not entirely reluctant?) sole inheritor of his extinct race's heritige and purpose...

It would be kinda ironic considering he's the one who extinguished it :P

In any case, the bike is based on the one from Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing which is in turn based on Shadow's bike from Sonic '06 (I don't know if the symbol is on the bike in '06, but other than that the ASR and 06 bikes are almost identical in appearance).

No, the symbol is not there in '06. Time to pop out that picture again...

motorcycles.png

I'm still not convinced it's the Black Arms symbol, though. Yes it's used by the Black Arms, but it could still be related to Shadow as well. Kind of like how the "Project Shadow" logo was plastered all over the ARK.

In terms of merchandise it's the Shadow logo. In terms of story line it's the Black Arms crest.

I was with my dad two weeks ago and I saw this comic book store and it had sonic universe journey to the east part 1, 2, 3, and 4. But thats all I could get then I ordered sonic universe echoes of the past part 1, 2, 3, and 4 but they came in :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Requested by Immortheus, here are a couple of shots of a new character that made her debut appearance in the newest issue:

Mighty's Sister, Matilda the Armadillo!

HNI_0074.jpg

HNI_0075.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I posted these on the BumbleKing forums, so I thought I might as well share them here:

A few shots of the Baron/Uncle Beau.

hni0076.jpg

hni0077.jpg

Enjoy!

Requested by Immortheus, here are a couple of shots of a new character that made her debut appearance in the newest issue:

Mighty's Sister, Matilda the Armadillo!

HNI_0074.jpg

HNI_0075.jpg

Enjoy!

D'awwww. A cute little armadillo loli with gigantic cylindrical mechanical arms and Eggman pants?

I'm okay with this! :3

What in the name of God is a loli?

Shortened form of the word lolita I assume; a kind of cutesie fashion style coined in Japan.

But Mighty's sister just looks like a Sonic recolour guuuuyz >~< [/sarcasm at Mighty revival topic's expense]

No, the symbol is not there in '06. Time to pop out that picture again...

motorcycles.png

Never liked the design they went for in ASR with Shadow's bike. His G.U.N issue one from Sth looked way more badass, the ASR one looks more like a harley and just seems gay. Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Shortened form of the word lolita I assume; a kind of cutesie fashion style coined in Japan.

But Mighty's sister just looks like a Sonic recolour guuuuyz >~< [/sarcasm at Mighty revival topic's expense]

Never liked the design they went for in ASR with Shadow's bike. His G.U.N issue one from Sth looked way more badass, the ASR one looks more like a harley and just seems gay.

Master-Board, avoid bikers. They will kick the snot out of you.

And am I the only one who thinks the ASR design is the same one from 2006? Guess they finally fixed the boost and controls on that thing. It would have been cool to see Shadow in that buggy thing. I think a lot of the vehicles Shadow's been seen using do have potential for something. Plus, they just look plain cool.

And am I the only one who thinks the ASR design is the same one from 2006?

That's common knowledge. Plus it has just been mentioned in this very thread a few posts ago.