Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Well let's see: Naruto, Bleach, Digimon pick.

No no and no~~. :3 Even though I watched them. =w= But no~ Charmy's voice reminds me of an old show I use to watch. I just can't remember, and it bugs the crap out of me. >.>

He spoke about it a while ago actually, way back when we first heard about the change over.. All the old actors had to re-audition if they wanted to keep their job. What a blow to any who did re-audition and weren't successful. Especially if Lisa Ortiz was one of 'em.

If she did re-audition and they picked her current voice over her, then bloody hell, what's wrong with those people. D:

• Thumbs Up 4

What do you guys think about Charmy's new voice? I'm honest to god in love with it, it reminds me of a character from an old show I use to watch. @_@

Charmy's new voice is the bees-knees. I love it. His 4Kids was intolerable, but now he sounds like a hyperactive child. It's perfect.

• Thumbs Up 4

Charmy's new voice is the bees-knees. I love it. His 4Kids was intolerable, but now he sounds like a hyperactive child. It's perfect.

It helps that Colleen O' Shaughnessy already voices an annoying kid in another show.....oh Naruto.

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

It helps that Colleen O' Shaughnessy already voices an annoying kid in another show.....oh Naruto.

Ironically, Naruto's voice is absolutely horrible.

I absolutely love Roger Craig as Sonic's voice. He can act and his voice just fits the cocky speedster!

And thank God they kept Eggman's voice actor, he does a great job at the role!

It's even more retarded When I heard stuff about some fans threatening to rape Cindy Robinson because of the way she voices Amy. sleep.png

Man, these things sound so ludicrous that I think they're doing it for shock value. Nobody's REALLY that retarded, right?

Man, these things sound so ludicrous that I think they're doing it for shock value. Nobody's REALLY that retarded, right?

Well it is the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

"Q. Was it your passion at an early age to become a professional voice actor?"

"A. No"

That explains a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh I hardly call him a fan favorite, I thought people were just welcoming with him because his first time was a lot more "proffesional" than either Ryan or Griffith's first performances.

In my experience the only voice over artists I find to be "incredible" are ones who spent their lives improving their craft. I just always have a bad vibe with Roger because he just seems like your run of the mill "I can speak clear so that means I can do voices". I dunno. He just doesn't fit Sonic imo.

Ryan to me was the closest thing to Sonic I've heard but his acting really needed work.

Still Roger is the fan favorite so obviously he's doing something right.

He's hardly a fan favorite. He's probably about as much hate as Griffith did. Maybe a little less seeing as at least some of the fanboys have probably grown up and quit doing pointless shit.

No, he really doesn't. back when Griff first took over, you were hard pressed to find someone that actually liked his performance. All the voice acting geeks were near unanimous in their dislike of him. Meanwhile, you're hard pressed today to find someone that actively dislikes Smith. Yeah, we've got Steve who's probably the loudest about it (and I mean no disrespect cause I appreciate your passion about it), and maybe a handful of people who didn't like the deeper sound. That's really it, and even that died down once Generations came out.

Waits for a mountain of haters to suddenly spawn out of nowhere just to prove him wrong

Edited by Aquaslash

Psychseason4e13.jpg

Challenge accepted.

I can't hardly tell, you sure don't act as vocal about it as Steve.

Edited by sonfan1984

Roger's definitely my favorite. I might prefer Ryan's actual voice by just a smidge in Adventure, but even then his acting was awful in that game and I didn't like how he changed his tone throughout the rest of the games (is it just me, or did he seem to get louder to the point that he was practically screaming all of his lines in Heroes?) Roger's been consistently good enough for me, and I like his take on Sonic. He's also much better at actually acting out the lines than either of his predecessors.

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who don't have a problem with Ryan's performance in SA1? Yeah his acting needs some work but I really liked the tone he used for that game.