Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

He spoke about it a while ago actually, way back when we first heard about the change over.. All the old actors had to re-audition if they wanted to keep their job. What a blow to any who did re-audition and weren't successful. Especially if Lisa Ortiz was one of 'em.

• Thumbs Up 1

He spoke about it a while ago actually, way back when we first heard about the change over.. All the old actors had to re-audition if they wanted to keep their job. What a blow to any who did re-audition and weren't successful. Especially if Lisa Ortiz was one of 'em.

Aw man, now I honestly feel bad for some of the crap I said about the 4kids voice actors in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think people are missing the point that Amy is obviously intended to be annoying. Considering that Sonic's default reaction to seeing her is to spin dash in the opposite direction, I think the new voice is appropriate. It's the exact same deal with Jet. He's a whiny douchebag, and thus sounds like a whiny douchebag.

Like it or not, this is how SEGA wants Amy (and the others) to sound now.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think people are missing the point that Amy is obviously intended to be annoying. Considering that Sonic's default reaction to seeing her is to spin dash in the opposite direction, I think the new voice is appropriate. It's the exact same deal with Jet. He's a whiny douchebag, and thus sounds like a whiny douchebag.

Like it or not, this is how SEGA wants Amy (and the others) to sound now.

People's personalities don't HAVE to be based around their voice, and vice versa. People say when I talk I talk to loud and I sound annoying, and my personality is anything but loud and annoying. So there.

I don't see why SEGA want people to dislike their characters, considering they've decided to make S4E2 have different physics and graphics engines. So that doesn't seem to make much sense.

And if Amy is intended to be annoying, when in the older games, she was a young kind girl who wanted to gain the trust in Sonic and make him acknowledge her, into an annoying stalker fangirl, then I dunno what they want in the character department anymore.

Edited by Xenos
  • Thumbs Up 3

People's personalities don't HAVE to be based around their voice, and vice versa. People say when I talk I talk to loud and I sound annoying, and my personality is anything but loud and annoying. So there.

I don't see why SEGA want people to dislike their characters, considering they've decided to make S4E2 have different physics and graphics engines. So that doesn't seem to make much sense.

And if Amy is intended to be annoying, when in the older games, she was a young kind girl who wanted to gain the trust in Sonic and make him acknowledge her, into an annoying stalker fangirl, then I dunno what they want in the character department anymore.

These characters are pretty one dimensional. Having them being summed up by their voices is entirely fitting. Especially since the majority of them are going to have maybe a total minute of screen time each game if they're lucky.

These characters are pretty one dimensional. Having them being summed up by their voices is entirely fitting. Especially since the majority of them are going to have maybe a total minute of screen time each game if they're lucky.

Hell, that's not good either.

I honestly want them to fix that, or the characters will be annoying to every Non-Fan anyway. (In Generations, they barely had a minute of screentime, and even then, people called them "Dumb, Annoying" Etc.)

Not that I think SEGA will ever try to lift the characters from the dirt until like, 2016.

Not that I think SEGA will ever try to lift the characters from the dirt until like, 2016.

Well Tails is gonna be playable in sonic 4 ep 2. That should be some sign that sola sonica is coming to an end.

Well Tails is gonna be playable in sonic 4 ep 2. That should be some sign that sola sonica is coming to an end.

Who said Tails is going to be playable? Don't assume.

Edited by Spiced Christmas
  • Thumbs Up 1

While Sonic 4 EP2 Does mark the return of a most likely playable character other than Sonic, bear in mind Tails himself is still playing it safe.

Not only is Sonic 4 an underwhelming start, we don't know how good Episode 2 is yet.

And if people get annoyed by Tails, we can expect 'Sola Sonica' to reign supreme again.

Who said Tails is going to be playable? Don't assume.

....Because Sega are totally teasing him and Sonic in the new trailer just to not make him playable, that makes so much sense.

Hell, that's not good either. I honestly want them to fix that, or the characters will be annoying to every Non-Fan anyway. (In Generations, they barely had a minute of screentime, and even then, people called them "Dumb, Annoying" Etc.) Not that I think SEGA will ever try to lift the characters from the dirt until like, 2016.

The last time they tried to give the characters 'development" it was done shoddily and poor, not every single character needs development some can stay one dimensional and still be completely fine, honestly the only characters that need some amount of development and depth are the ones who affect the storyline on a regular basis, which are basically Sonic & Tails at this point. Amy's never really been a major player, ok she was, but still not compared to aforementioned duo, and considering most of her appearances amount to fangirling over Sonic and really doing nothing else aside from maybe a scene or two, its completely fine and fitting if Sega want her to be annoying considering that's how Sonic views her whenever she appears anyway. Yeah, its annoying to Amy fans, and some feel she deserves better, but honestly she had nothing going for her.

....Because Sega are totally teasing him and Sonic in the new trailer just to not make him playable, that makes so much sense.

Yeaaahhh, so I guess Metal Sonic is playable too because he is in that new trailer. /s

And it's not Sega, it's Dimps.

We don't even know if Tails is going to be playable or semi-playable (Tails only playable with a second controller). I am not that type of person to get hyped over something that isn't confirmed yet. Tails is in the game by the looks of that teaser but that doesn't mean he's playable.

Yeaaahhh, so I guess Metal Sonic is playable too because he is in that new trailer. /s

Because Metal has been a playable character in the past.

And it's not Sega, it's Dimps.

Whom have made Tails playable in three games from the past.

We don't even know if Tails is going to be playable or semi-playable (Tails only playable with a second controller). I am not that type of person to get hyped over something that isn't confirmed yet. Tails is in the game by the looks of that teaser but that doesn't mean he's playable.

Why the fuck would they put him in the teaser if he wasn't playable? The game's tagline is " The return of a sidekick", you don't need to be a fucking genius to figure that out, and you don't need a confirmation to know what it means.

Edited by Shadic Claus

The last time they tried to give the characters 'development" it was done shoddily and poor, not every single character needs development some can stay one dimensional and still be completely fine, honestly the only characters that need some amount of development and depth are the ones who affect the storyline on a regular basis, which are basically Sonic & Tails at this point. Amy's never really been a major player, ok she was, but still not compared to aforementioned duo, and considering most of her appearances amount to fangirling over Sonic and really doing nothing else aside from maybe a scene or two, its completely fine and fitting if Sega want her to be annoying considering that's how Sonic views her whenever she appears anyway. Yeah, its annoying to Amy fans, and some feel she deserves better, but honestly she had nothing going for her.

I never said I wanted the characters to develop into something that should be in an ongoing Anime, I just want them to be used properly when they are relevant.

What I mean by this is Generations literally goes out of it's way to make it's own story short, pointless, and shallow. Gameplay wise, I like what they did, they gave the characters something unique that would help Sonic to get past obstacles he couldn't on his own.

Story wise? Meh. I can't really say much, other then they kinda wasted the potential for referential jokes about the characters or the games they've been in. The Voice Actors that aren't Sonic, Tails, and Eggman, probably had to stay in the studio for maybe an hour at most.

I'm not saying they have to be developed fully, but at least be developed enough. I just want the other characters to do something in the main games they appear in.

Shallow Sonic is what makes the fans happy!

...At least until everyone starts complaining again, and then SEGA will just kiss every so called "TRUE FAN"s' ass again and mess up. You would think that 20 goddam years would have taught them how to write better stories and characters. It seems like theres only a rough gem every now and then. :(

I never said I wanted the characters to develop into something that should be in an ongoing Anime, I just want them to be used properly when they are relevant.

What I mean by this is Generations literally goes out of it's way to make it's own story short, pointless, and shallow. Gameplay wise, I like what they did, they gave the characters something unique that would help Sonic to get past obstacles he couldn't on his own.

Story wise? Meh. I can't really say much, other then they kinda wasted the potential for referential jokes about the characters or the games they've been in. The Voice Actors that aren't Sonic, Tails, and Eggman, probably had to stay in the studio for maybe an hour at most.

I'm not saying they have to be developed fully, but at least be developed enough. I just want the other characters to do something in the main games they appear in.

Not saying this is a bad idea, but Sega are still listening to the shitty friends crowd, and as such will go out of their way to downplay their other characters as much as possible regardless of their role or not. I know its stupid, but then again, Sega never have been experts in taking in fan praise.

From voice acting to characterization?

This is the biggest threadjack I've seen so far. -.o

• Thumbs Up 1

From voice acting to characterization?

This is the biggest threadjack I've seen so far. -.o

Huh, sorry about that, I can get carried away with that stuff. Lol

Here is a question, if Craig is sonic would that also mean that he could be Metal sonic in the future?

Actually, I always thought Metal Sonic could have a sinister, metallic version of Sonic's voice, would definitely add some cool points.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is a question, if Craig is sonic would that also mean that he could be Metal sonic in the future?

Pretty much. The one time Metal Sonic has spoken in games, he was voiced by the Sonic VA for the region.

Likely it would be flitered to heck and back to sound loud, booming, and deep like it was before.

I'd want Roger's Sonic voice to be a bit more dominant compared to the robotic voice box. You should be able to tell it's Roger.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Xenos: Roger Craig is a talented actor, he's tackled so many roles over the years. (including a few villains)

Metal Sonic has always been a menacing character. I'm sure he would be able to pull off a fantastic performance.

Edited by kadosho

If they do give Metal Sonic a voice again, I want it to sound like soundwave's. It's weird but I think it would be cool.

• Thumbs Up 2