Awoo.

Classic Controller and GC Controller Support Confirmed

Detective Shadzter

Good to hear GC is confirmed. The only game that I didn't use GC on was Secret Rings, because it didn't support it. Hell, that controller made Zero Gravity into a good game. Shame I probably won't get it upon launch, though.

Secret Rings supported GC controller but only for the mini-games.

Still, epic news that this game will support it in the main game!!

Edit:

@Xavious

It's not that people set themselves up to not like the Wii remote + nunchuck, its more like they got used to it and that its basicly their main game style of playing... any games.

Take for example the computer games, some games are easier to play with the keyboard but they can perform even better with the remote controller.

Its all about their style, their preference tho we can't deny that some just refuse to change and will spit on anything thats new instead of accepting it without being forced to use it...

Edited by Unholy Sønic

I know it just seems like ever since the Wii remote was unveiled a lot of people still won't give it a chance. I bet there was a time when proper videogame controllers were fresh and new and people had difficulty accepting and using them, but look at how standard they are now. If I could get to grips with playing Dance Dance Revolution at an arcade about 10 years ago, then a slightly unusual control system that has me flick my wrist every now and then is nothing in comparison.

Unleashed Wii, both the hedgehog and (to an extent) the werehog stages, had the best controls I've probably ever seen in a Sonic game.

I am aware of the supposedly awkward nunchuck tilt controls people have raised as a problem in this new game, though I'd still like to test those out myself before writing them off; I've often seen games where the press can't get to grips with the controls but I often have little trouble.

To be honest, I just don't feel that the Wiimote and Nunchuck are particularly suited to games that want to use a lot of buttons. It never felt like there were enough for the hedgehog levels in Unleashed, and the Werehog ones had an over-use of motion controls. (the other problem is games that only offer a right-handed mode).

The Wiimote isn't a bad controller, but it does have some problems. The big two being lack of buttons (in the Wiichuck setup, there's only two, maybe three, easy to reach buttons in your right hand, which does limit what you can do with a game) and that motion controls are often tacked on and awkward (when they're done well they're great, when they aren't...).

I gave Unleashed Wii a chance with the Wiimote, but it didn't take long for me to realize I wasn't happy with how it played. I was grateful for the Gamecube controller option, so I wouldn't have to struggle through with a control scheme I didn't like...

I won't be using them because I love the Wii Remote & Nunchuk combo, but it's nice to know that anybody not wanting to use them can have other options.

Yes! I'm glad to hear I don't have to use the Wii remote and nunchuk. They're not bad per se, but...I dunno, they seem a bit funny to use for this kind of game. That's why I use the GCN controller for Sonic Unleashed too.