Awoo.

Toy Story

Tailikku

I went and saw it yesterday and it was one of the best films I've seen in quite a while. I rewatched Toy Story 2 a few days ago (It was on BBC1, so I recorded it with Sky+) twice to get me back in the swing with the films, but I didn't really need to. Toy Story 3 reminds you of all of the things you need to remember when watching it and is generally just an exceptional film. And yes, I almost cried at the end, but held back the tears because I was with a group of friends. >.<

Haha, same here. I got so into it with my knee up and everything, and apparently my friends started taking the piss out of me, but I still didn't notice. I really felt like crying though, it was just so nice and sad at the same time. I think the worst bit is when:

Andy's Mom sees his empty room and starts crying. "I wish I could be with you forever." Aww...

:(

But yeah overall, amazing film. It's just so funny and nice and well made and sad and and and....I heart Pixar. Why can't every company be like them? I mean, when have they ever made a film that's not at least decent? Too bad they're owned by Disney <_<

There's little you can fault it on; sure the plot does kind of take a U-turn and

the villian dissapears where you'd think there'd be a show-down or something.

But everything else in it is so good. There's loads of humour and bits to make you laugh out loud and even bits that make you grip the edge of your seat, so what's there to be missed?

Oh and I loved Hay Un Amigo En Mí to bits :P

If you're asking for effects where it seems as if the characters and objects are coming out of the screen then apparently you're talking about 4D effects. I had the same moan to my friends about the lack of 3D in the movie, but apparently 3D just gives the screen a bit more depth.

Actually 3D is supposed to be in your face and stuff. That's why I went to see it in 2D, cause Disney never do anything decent with 3D effects. If it says 3D, I want there to be things jumping out at me and looking as if they're gonna hit me. Screw subtlety, I want cheesy cliched effects man! And the new 3D hurts my eyes (had to take off the glasses loads in Alice in Wonderland) and I find it really confuses me, I can't actually concentrate on what I'm seeing for some reason. It all just turns blury if the camera moves quickly.

Apparently 4D is when there are things that happen to you off screen that relate to stuff on screen. For example the seats vibrating or water being sprayed at you. But that's technically just nonsense as 4D would be when every shape has a sort of reflection inside itself. Weird, I know, I don't get it either.

Edited by Wordy

Remember the toys of Woody and Buzz? The ones that were exactly like the ones in the movies? Anyone else get those and write their name on the shoes, just like Andy? That's what me and my brother did :lol: We did it with Jessie (At least I did) when Toy Story 2 came out, too :D Actually I think I got Jessie for christmas :lol:

I was on amazon and only saw cheap stuffed animals of the characters. Seems kinda weird that they don't see ones like they used to, but I did see a normal Buzz yesterday for 60€ :X

Edited by MarcelloF

Actually 3D is supposed to be in your face and stuff. That's why I went to see it in 2D, cause Disney never do anything decent with 3D effects. If it says 3D, I want there to be things jumping out at me and looking as if they're gonna hit me. Screw subtlety, I want cheesy cliched effects man! And the new 3D hurts my eyes (had to take off the glasses loads in Alice in Wonderland) and I find it really confuses me, I can't actually concentrate on what I'm seeing for some reason. It all just turns blury if the camera moves quickly.

Apparently 4D is when there are things that happen to you off screen that relate to stuff on screen. For example the seats vibrating or water being sprayed at you. But that's technically just nonsense as 4D would be when every shape has a sort of reflection inside itself. Weird, I know, I don't get it either.

Oh right I see, and yeah I know what you mean about the 3D glasses. They irritated my eyes a lot on the first 20 minutes of the film.

Remember the toys of Woody and Buzz? The ones that were exactly like the ones in the movies? Anyone else get those and write their name on the shoes, just like Andy?

Yesyesyes, I dug out my old Woody toy (Unfortunately I have no idea where the hat is) and he's sat on my bookshelf at the moment. Yeah I wrote Andy on his shoes too. xD I looked on eBay the other day and they're going for about 40 quid; the mint condition ones, mind you.

Oh and did anyone else notice?

The Garbage truck guy listening to music is actually Sid from the first film. You can recognise him from his skull T-Shirt.

I was reading the comments on the IGN review of the movie and I noticed this:

After watching this on Friday I realized that this does not suffer from Return of the Jeditis where two previous epic movies build up for something that it could not possibly achieve. The great things about these trilogy is that all of them are intertwined, but could all still be independent of each other and still be beautiful.

The theatre was full of kids I imagined had never seen part 1 or 2 because of their age, and still I figured this movie wouldn't confuse them because it was still fun enough for them. What really boggled me though was that the laughter was coming from mainly adults so as charming as the exterior of the film may seem, this movie had more adult oriented humor which I appreciated. Of course, as aformentioned, kids will probably still go nuts with this movie, but I guess adults really win here because despite this being a family film, it's not one where the an adult gets a 2 hour nap because they're bored. I think this is going down as one of my personal favorite trilogies, ever.

CommentPosted by: razorbladelight on June 21, 2010 10:01 PDT

Now, I went into a very small theater with only about 50-60 seats. and there were only about 12 other people, but I too noticed that it was mostly the adults laughing.

Anyone else notice this?

Edited by MarcelloF

I was reading the comments on the IGN review of the movie and I noticed this:

Now, I went into a very small theater with only about 50-60 seats. and there were only about 12 other people, but I too noticed that it was mostly the adults laughing.

Anyone else notice this?

All I remember is this really annoying fat kid behind me that felt the need to annotate what was going on screen all the time. Really Loudly

"Oh look it's Jessie and Woody"

*silence* "NEW TOYS!!!!! Oh yeah I knew that bit"

"Is he dead?"

"Why is he on the car?"

At one point he spilled all his popcorn and his mum went "Oh for **** sake", and the whole theatre went quite.

All I remember is this really annoying fat kid behind me that felt the need to annotate what was going on screen all the time. Really Loudly

"Oh look it's Jessie and Woody"

*silence* "NEW TOYS!!!!! Oh yeah I knew that bit"

"Is he dead?"

"Why is he on the car?"

At one point he spilled all his popcorn and his mum went "Oh for **** sake", and the whole theatre went quite.

Oh god. When I really like a movie and someone talks, I go apeshit. I have threatened my friends with torture using common household objects because they felt like talking. I may have just picked the kid up and thrown him through a window with pure rage.

Go see it again and do it during a late showing. Hope there isn't anyone there.

The Garbage truck guy listening to music is actually Sid from the first film. You can recognise him from his skull T-Shirt.

What's more amazing is that they got the same voice actor!

Also, I loved the Star Wars reference when the baby threw Lotso in the garbage ^^

That was an awesome spot!! :o I'm now even more impressed with the film! B)

Good work Wordy

Seen this amazing perfect etc etc.

So I want to ask:

Did anyone get into this film as much as me? I was actually trembling, my stomach sank and I was bawling tears during the incinerator scene. It was horrifying to see some of my favourite characters in such a situation, like being forced to watch someone beat up your best friend or something. Absoloutely brilliantly horrifying. I think the final nail in the coffin was Jessie's look of absoloute despair. Heartbreaking.

However,

Tortilla Potato Head was absoloutely amazing to an equal degree.

Seen this amazing perfect etc etc.

So I want to ask:

Did anyone get into this film as much as me? I was actually trembling, my stomach sank and I was bawling tears during the incinerator scene. It was horrifying to see some of my favourite characters in such a situation, like being forced to watch someone beat up your best friend or something. Absoloutely brilliantly horrifying. I think the final nail in the coffin was Jessie's look of absoloute despair. Heartbreaking.

GROWN MEN have cried at this movie. Not just regular grown men, I'm talking these huge fucking bodybuilder type dudes who you could stab and the knife would break and ricochet off their rock hard muscles, crying like a little girl who just skinned her knee.

Yeah everyone was like that.

Ahh, I love Toy Story. Best movies of my childhood. And Toy Story 3 was AMAZING.

GROWN MEN have cried at this movie. Not just regular grown men, I'm talking these huge fucking bodybuilder type dudes who you could stab and the knife would break and ricochet off their rock hard muscles, crying like a little girl who just skinned her knee.

Yeah everyone was like that.

I did not, which further proves my theory that I have a heart of stone. I was sad, but not a tear. Am I not human?

I watched TS3 again today and I didn't cry. I was ver, very close, though. I was giving it my all not to cry!

I did not, which further proves my theory that I have a heart of stone. I was sad, but not a tear. Am I not human?

You're an alien.

Also heartless.

You're an alien.

Also heartless.

This clears things up. Also explains my lack of tears at the iron giant.

This clears things up. Also explains my lack of tears at the iron giant.

WHAT.

I'll bet you wouldn't cry if you saw someone killing and raping puppies now would you?! WOULD YOU?! THAT IS THE SADNESS EQUIVALENT OF THE IRON GIANT.

I really did have to try not to cry at the end of the movie.

Well, I finally did cry at something: the end to the Futurama episode, Jurassic Bark. Maybe I'm not so heartless after all.

Well, I finally did cry at something: the end to the Futurama episode, Jurassic Bark. Maybe I'm not so heartless after all.

really.

it's not even that sad.

you cried at that

and not the iron giant

or toy story 3

I can't even comprehend that. It makes no logical sense.

It's not uncommon and not that bad for someone to feel something inside yet not have a physical reaction. For instance, I find a lot of things very funny, but rarely do I actually laugh out loud. I tend to acknowledge its hilarity in my mind and don't react accordingly, unless it's way too funny for me to not do so. I'm pretty sure nearly all people are like this - some just let themselves react more openly than others.

Also, I didn't cry the first time I watched The Iron Giant. It's my favorite movie now, but whatever.

really.

it's not even that sad.

you cried at that

and not the iron giant

or toy story 3

I can't even comprehend that. It makes no logical sense.

Eh, screw logic. If that makes me cry, so be it. While I'm at it, I'm gonna think of other things I didn't cry at:

-Bambi

-Old Yeller

-Other stuff I can't think of. More will get to me later.

-Bambi

-Old Yeller

Thems' a weakling's cryin' movies.

But Iron Giant was a tearfest and you should feel bad for not crying like a bitch at the end.

Thems' a weakling's cryin' movies.

But Iron Giant was a tearfest and you should feel bad for not crying like a bitch at the end.

Don't get me wrong. I love that movie. It's one of my favorites. While it was sad, I just never cried.