Awoo.

Sonic's Birthday Contest Entry Thread

Swiss

So, I thought since I've just finished my little entry off, why not make a thread so we can all see what other's have come up with? Here's mine anyway...D:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-Y8ZM-KD3QQ

I know I won't win, but hey...any excuse for a Chilli Dog is a good thing in my eyes. biggrin.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

[Totally off topic - You have same single bed mattress as me what I have in my other bedroom :P]

Goes on topic:

Hahah awesomesauce i'm craving for a Chilli Dog now after watching you scoff one down faster than the blue blur himself lol I'll vote for ya to win :P =D<, i'm not taking part in this contest since I really can't think of anything to do for it [that translates into I can't be arsed pretty much lol]

Edited by Crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ceXW__f_8

Well here's my entry, I don't know if it will win after seeing some of the other crazy entrys on YouTube but I was happy to show my love for Sonic in this contest. Though I don't think 5 minutes was enough time, there was so much more that I wanted to say about Sonic but had to cut it out in the final version due to the 5 minute time limit. <_<

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

Cool entries so far guys, I made one and its currently uploading. I did something hopefully everyone can use : )!

Video*

Edit: There it is :)

Nice.

By the way...how you sktech on a computer? Are you using a graphics pad?

Thanks! And yeah, using a tablet. I'd have actually drawn along with the video had my computer not lagged so much. I've got a really old Dell computer, only 512mb of ram and a lot of programs these days just kill it which is too bad.

Since I haven't been paying much attention to this, can someone fill me in on what the prize is? After watching Punk's entry, I'm all interested now on all this hub-bub, X3.

Nevermind, found out, XD. I think I might enter something just for tits and giggles. I'm know I'm getting near the deadline, but Sonic swag is just so catchy to say, ;D!

-Blur

Are you guys sure you aren't ruining your chances of winning by sharing your entries with the public? I think I remember with the Black Knight art contest people were disqualified for sharing with the public early.

I don't think so because the rules state you have to upload it to youtube before a certain date, and Sonic Stadium has been posting entries on the front page :). Its on youtube right now where anyone in the world can see it!

Oh, okay then. I just didn't want anyone losing out on the prize. I didn't read the rules because I'm not savvy enough for a contest of this type. Carry on.

I'm getting ready to post my entry, but when I enter my birth date on the website and try going to the next page I get an error message reading:

'Unfortunately you are not allowed to enter at this time'

What the hell is going on? Some kind of technical failure on the website? The deadline is tomorrow (5:00pm for us Brits I believe. 9:00am Pacific Time should work out as 5:00pm GMT), is this happening for anybody else to?...It worries me.

Edited by ENVY16

Does this contest require you to be 18? How old o you have to be in England to be considered an adult? Perhaps it's the result of some kind of parity with the US version of the contest? Might be worth asking about.

Does this contest require you to be 18? How old o you have to be in England to be considered an adult? Perhaps it's the result of some kind of parity with the US version of the contest? Might be worth asking about.

You need to be over 13 years of age and I'm way past that...

This is my lil entry. I love Sonic Music so I thought i'd show it through song tongue.gif

Edited by Wordy

Well guys I'm brand new here but I really wanted to share my contest entry with the Sonic community so I hope you guys enjoy.

Edited by Zonic77
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

*video*

Well guys I'm brand new here but I really wanted to share my contest entry with the Sonic community so I hope you guys enjoy.

.... O.O.........WIN!!!

Wow! I can't imagine how much time you spent preparing all that! Awesome job!

.... O.O.........WIN!!!

Wow! I can't imagine how much time you spent preparing all that! Awesome job!

Thank you very much! It was indeed very hard work. Days and nights with no sleep just to barely finish in time. Please show this around if you can, I'm having trouble getting it out there for everyone to see.

Wow, that was an incredible video Zonic77 I'm sure it was a nightmare putting everything together. Good luck in the contest.^^ By the way, today is the day where the Sonic fans vote on the top ten videos picked by Sega right?

Edit: Nevermind, Sega just confirmed that voting will start tomorrow.

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

Holy crap! Now that's a Sonic party!!! Mine last year was no where near that awesome!

Mobiuscard submitted by: Kristian F. from Warrington, Cheshire has just risen from being behind Svend at around 370 votes within 20 minutes to now be at 720.

Lolwhut?

That's NO Good. 350 votes in 20 minutes? I watched it go up multiple votes by the second.

EDIT: OK, now the same seems to be happening with mine...I've jumped nearly 1000 over night. That's absurd.

Edited by ENVY16

Yes, quite absurd.

There definitely seems to be something going on between Kieran's and Kristian's entries. It's not entirely fair on anyone else who entered; particularly Kieran and Kristian if they know nothing about it. It's a shame, because it seems people are willing to do anything to win.

Unfortunately, I doubt anything will be done by Sega about it. So there goes my chances.

At least you guys made it in :(

But it still sucks that there is some foul play going on with the voting system probably. I hope the issue is resolved, it would be nice for people to win fairly, especially when like you said some of the people this is happening to are unaware of it :o!

Edited by Punk

Yes, quite absurd.

There definitely seems to be something going on between Kieran's and Kristian's entries. It's not entirely fair on anyone else who entered; particularly Kieran and Kristian if they know nothing about it. It's a shame, because it seems people are willing to do anything to win.

Unfortunately, I doubt anything will be done by Sega about it. So there goes my chances.

I can safely say I know nothing about it, it is a damn shame and I'm sorry it's happened, it's taken away all fairness completely. I have spoken to Kristian about it all as well and he seems to be in the same boat as me, I don't know the guy so he may be lying but I don't have a real reason to disbelieve him either. It seems a mystery person or people are behind this. Mine only had trouble last night and then returned to normal, Kristian's on the other hand is still acting up and as you're probably aware is making it's way into 2000's now.

I did inform AAUK of this happening to both Kristian and my own entry, I would assume it's OK for me to say that he's going to see what can be done tomorrow. I've done all I can to bring back normality to the voting and I hope my efforts will be successful.