Awoo.

Sonic Colors Footage From E3

azoo

For a few hours people were whining about it being spelt the wrong way.

People were still complaining beyond just a few hours, because the news about the title spread pretty slowly, and I'm sure a handful of people still haven't been informed.

Either way, it looks amazinig. Looking at all the footage, I can safely say that its a buy for me. Plus the graphics are pretty amzing. I'm just curious how that double jump works, since we have already seen that A + A = homing attack.

I believe A+A will homing attack if there's something homing attackable nearby, and double jump if there's not.

I believe A+A will homing attack if there's something homing attackable nearby, and double jump if there's not.

That makes sense. The double jump is probably an upgrade to the old air dash.

Unless there's something very obvious that I'm forgetting, that would make Colours the first 3D Sonic game ever (well, unless you count 3D Blast) to not include some sort of air dash. Since the boost's limited as well, I guess good ol' fashioned holding-the-stick-in-the-direction-you-want-to-go acceleration will be the order of the day. That probably won't change gameplay in any substantial way, but it'll still be interesting to see.

I know Mario doesn't have a double jump (he's famous for his triple jumping in succession IIRC), but I feel double jumps (mid-air second jump) should be a standard. It just makes things easier but not a breakable feature you know?

Yoshi's Island, one of my two first games ever bought with my first gaming system (of course, the SNES) was my first double-jump experience, but I think after it was SSB64.

Once you have it, it's kinda hard to be without, it's that convenient. :)

Edited by Hero of Legend

I know Mario doesn't have a double jump
Actually (and I hate making the comparison, but) Sonic's double jump in Colors reminds me a lot of Mario's spin move in Galaxy. It's not a full second jump, but it does give a bit more height and a little more control over your movement in the air.

lol, it actually reminds me of the little aerial spin Sonic did in Sonic 3 when you pressed the jump button in the air without a shield :P

Kinda, but this actually lifts sonic up a little. It's like a smaller version of the electric shield action, but even that's not a true double jump. Lets see. I have played 2 Sonic games (and 1 with Sonic in it) that have double jumps in them.

1. Sonic Battle (Amy)

2. Sonic '06 (Amy)

3. Smash Bros. Brawl

Any others?

Sonic 3 with the electric shield enabled sonic to perform a double jump but meh it wasn't a default ability so it doesn't... really count.

Tho there was Sonic R wich definitely had the double jump for Sonic as default move.

So.. with that said, with my memory is right, from the sonic games I played so far its the only game where Sonic could use a pure double jump and not gained by a power up item or something like that.

It's good that they took the goods from Unleashed and is improving on them,

I was a bit nervous that they would just ignore Unleashed due to its less than popular reputation.

I must say i love how colorful this looks.

I guess good ol' fashioned holding-the-stick-in-the-direction-you-want-to-go acceleration will be the order of the day.

Air Boost, to the rescue!