Awoo.

Sonic Colors Footage From E3

azoo

I've been pleasantly surprised by the gameplay of this one, it looks like it's the Unleashed day stages done even better, plus the graphics look pretty spectacular for the Wii.

I really wanna get this when it comes out. So far it looks really exciting.

I never saw any footage of Act 2 before, so it was interesting to see the Cyan-Lazer activated teleporters. I'm happy that there are at least giving the Wisp Powers more than one purpose.

Oh wait, I just remembered, the quick step is only enabled during certain walls runs.

So it seems Nintendo conducted an interview with Sega over this, though I'm not seeing it on their website, so I'll link it on gametrailers.

I get the idea that she has no idea what age group is ultimately going to be watching it. Oh, and adblock plus is nice for making gametrailers less annoying.

Alternatively, you could go through this topic and do the work yourself. Running a quick search on YouTube will work also as any footage from elsewhere has made its way to YT now.

Alright if thats the case then...

Lets put it this way. Is there any vids at all that show the full E3 demo of both the DS and WII versions in HQ/HD? i mean in full as in both acts and the boss of each game version.

I'd rather have 1-3 10 minute videos then a million 30 second ones.

Alright if thats the case then...

Lets put it this way. Is there any vids at all that show the full E3 demo of both the DS and WII versions in HQ/HD? i mean in full as in both acts and the boss of each game version.

I'd rather have 1-3 10 minute videos then a million 30 second ones.

yeah they would still be on youtube

nobody is going to look for these for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This video has been up since the 17th but I don't remember it getting posted. It's the only decent Wii boss footage I've seen yet.

It starts around 2:00 in and shows us his basic attacks, and the best way to beat him. Sonic can run most of the way around this wheel, which is cool.

This video has been up since the 17th but I don't remember it getting posted. It's the only decent Wii boss footage I've seen yet.

It starts around 2:00 in and shows us his basic attacks, and the best way to beat him. Sonic can run most of the way around this wheel, which is cool.

I see that you have to use your momentum if you want to run up to the top.

Pretty cool.

Ah, nevermind, the quick step is unmistakingly in this video.

To me it looks like the quick step will only be used in the "on rails" sections where Sonic keeps running without you holding forward, like running on the walls. You can see the game telling you to tap over on the analog stick and during normal gameplay that would only make Sonic move to the right or left, not quick step.

To me it looks like the quick step will only be used in the "on rails" sections where Sonic keeps running without you holding forward, like running on the walls. You can see the game telling you to tap over on the analog stick and during normal gameplay that would only make Sonic move to the right or left, not quick step.

That's fine by me, it's only really needed in the on-rails sections anyways.

http://tinyurl.com/3aaujhj

Fluffy Hairball reports that a foreign Nintendo magazine confirms Amy fir the story and that Quick Step's indeed in the game... even though someone above here already figured that out! XD

Huh, if Amy is in the story...between this and Unleashed, I've got to wonder if she's moved up a rank and taken Knuckles' spot.

is Amy Rose Exclusively For DS?

I also can't get to the screen shots.

can some one upload the screen shot?

Huh, if Amy is in the story...between this and Unleashed, I've got to wonder if she's moved up a rank and taken Knuckles' spot.

They probably did some thinking and decided that Knuckles has much more of a story and purpose following him than Amy does. In fact, her story is essentially to chase after Sonic. It would make sense for her to appear in these lighter games instead of Knuckles as her character is less prone to overuse/misuse.

The site is back up and I've got the scans, and after some (rather slow) feeding of the text through Babelfish, it seems to be saying that Tails and Amy head to Eggman's theme park and are kidnapped...

I've got the time, so until/unless someone who actually speaks the language can translate, I think I'll continue looking for interesting tidbits...

Edit: I did what I could; some bits are cut off/warped at the seam, so I couldn't do anything with them. A good part of that just seems to be talking about the two Wisp powers we already know, tho'.

Eggman definitely kidnaps Tails and Amy; it's mentioned in two places in the article.

It does mention some secret areas in the 3D sections, in spite of the mostly-straight-paths we've been seeing.

I dunno if it's been specifically mentioned elsewhere earlier, but it does say Eggman is putting Wisps in his robots.

Overall, it seems pretty positive.

Edited by Diogenes

They probably did some thinking and decided that Knuckles has much more of a story and purpose following him than Amy does. In fact, her story is essentially to chase after Sonic. It would make sense for her to appear in these lighter games instead of Knuckles as her character is less prone to overuse/misuse.

Actually, it doesn't really matter how much story the character has either. It's all about using the character in the right places. Unless the M.E. is involved, I see no reason for Knuckles to be in this; he already ditched the Emerald once in Heroes (and more than likely in the games after it as well).

At least Amy is (hopefully) getting some better screentime.

I like how the previews to this game are pretty positive so far. Just one thing....

Eggman definitely kidnaps Tails and Amy; it's mentioned in two places in the article.

That is extremely lame.

Not only are these characters unplayable, but they've gone from being credible sidekicks to being embarrassingly useless. We saw the same thing in Sonic Unleashed when Tails was cowering in fear, fleeing from Dark Gaia's minions.

That is extremely lame.

Not only are these characters unplayable, but they've gone from being credible sidekicks to being embarrassingly useless. We saw the same thing in Sonic Unleashed when Tails was cowering in fear, fleeing from Dark Gaia's minions.

We don't even know the full story yet. They could still be support characters in terms of the plot and bear some importance unlike in Unleashed.

Or they could pull Rivals on us.

Sonic: Eggman!

Eggman: Teeheehee I turned your friends into cards!

Sonic: Darn!

*levels*

Tails and Amy: Thanks Sonic!

Yeah, that sucked. You know, it would be really awesome if Tails and Amy were being held in capsules like the Wisps are at the end of the stages. Heck, they even has Vanilla in an Egg Capsule for the true ending of Advance 2.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This might have been posted already, but here's a better version of the level from the second video:

Yes please. Anything that follows in the footsteps of the day stages is a must-buy for me. My only complaint is that I haven't seen anyone use the quick-step. I really hope it hasn't been removed, I think it added to the control scheme.

This video changed my opinion quite a bit for Sonic Colours (bet the UK release will call it that) ever since looking at the teaser trailer, its what I more or less wanted from Sonic Unleashed.

I sure hope they make some use of all that extra empty space in those 3D segments in the final product, especially from seeing the other zone's levels. Then again, maybe not, since those 3D parts are usually for speeding through them, but still, a little TOO empty for my tastes.

Other than that, I want an MP3 file of that stage music already, curse it's over-the-top happy tune :C

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or does Sonic Colours look stellar in both graphics and pure gameplay "fun"?

It really makes me want to buy a Wii just for it! :P

hey guys was the DS second act of tropical resort and the boss shown anywhere? I can't seem to find any vids about it.

This video changed my opinion quite a bit for Sonic Colours (bet the UK release will call it that) ever since looking at the teaser trailer, its what I more or less wanted from Sonic Unleashed.

Just saying, we had the name Sonic Colours before Sonic Colors. There's the extra U right across the European release.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The only difference is that the "our" in the UK becomes "or" in the U.S. Its the same word either way. I'm very much used to saying "or". It doesn't particularly matter, though, because one way or another it means the exact same thing. Technically the "our" was seen in the European art first, but they were all shown at about the exact same time, anyway. Its mainly just that we didn't find the U.S. version right away. Neither version came "first" or "last."

The only difference is that the "our" in the UK becomes "or" in the U.S. Its the same word either way. I'm very much used to saying "or". It doesn't particularly matter, though, because one way or another it means the exact same thing. Technically the "our" was seen in the European art first, but they were all shown at about the exact same time, anyway. Its mainly just that we didn't find the U.S. version right away. Neither version came "first" or "last."

For a few hours people were whining about it being spelt the wrong way.