Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

Unfortunately my copy hasn't turned up today, but there's still good news!

You'll need to register your copy of the game by 30 June to get your hands on the new soundtrack which has been created especially for the Ocarina Of Time 3D launch.

Yeah, I noticed the soundtrack offer when I registered the game- was certainly a nice surprise!

I also used my stars to buy the Nintendo-themed Hanafuda deck, influenced entirely by the very awesome Summer Wars.

D=< I just went to preorder it today at the very last minute, and they were like "YEAH! you got the last one in town!" and I was like "YEAHHH I'M AWESOME", but then they called me just now to tell me that they're understocked and I have to wait.

BOO >(

Screwattack Review.

I have a problem with this review because it's main rationale for having this version not being worth buying is because long games don't belong on handhelds. Guess I've been using them wrong considering all the handheld RPGs I own.

• Thumbs Up 3

His main complaint seemed to be the 3DS' battery life...which doesn't actually fit into a GAME review.

Long games should belong on handhelds, if at any console at all. I haven't seen the review but I assume the argument they were trying to pull is basically that it's an experience better suited for the big screen, which is an argument I can get behind since I've been riding with that for a good while in the PS Vita topic and for why I don't really like the PSP as a console so much either.

Doesn't mean it's a worse game though since it trumps the original in general quality, and the dispute over whether this would work better than say, Majora's Mask is up in the air.

EDIT: Saw it, and honestly, it's a pretty legitimate review which I think most people could probably get behind if they've played it to a pulp already. I can see where he's coming from with it, and I even agree with him on a lot of parts. The selling point with the game is pretty much whether or not you want OoT on the go.

Edited by Carbo

Gosh this game just keeps impressing me with nice little details. For those who want to know of more minor tweaks:

Shiek's animations now match the actual notes he's playing - or at least they did with Minuet of Forest.

Dungeons that previously had no introductory camera sweep now do - or at least Forest Temple does.

The final moblin you face in the Sacred Forest Meadow now has a little "dun dun dun" cut-scene when you see him, and he also doesn't animate stupidly when you hit him (where you have to wait for him to meekly kneel down in pain and stand back up before you hit him again).

Oh, having said that in the decade and a bit since this game came out, I never encountered the

(story spoilers for new players)

dying soldier after Ganondorf chases Zelda out of town

Edited by Aptiva

Well, sort of. Just check every inch of Castle Town and you'll find him. He's not exactly out in the open, but he's not all that hidden.

But yeah, I didn't know about him either until seven months ago. Only took me twelve years to find him =P

Screwattack Review.

I have a problem with this review because it's main rationale for having this version not being worth buying is because long games don't belong on handhelds. Guess I've been using them wrong considering all the handheld RPGs I own.

It would be kind of a waste of the 3DS's hardware to not put big games on it. As far as I'm concerned, a game is only better when it's made portable. Judging by what he said at the end, he seems to think handheld gaming should only be for games that you can beat in a few hours, tops. But in that case, why the hell did we ever need to evolve handheld gaming past the GBA? I know the 3DS's short battery life is an issue, but that's not the game's fault. I mainly just don't understand his mentality here. You can save your game, you can definitely still play on road trips, I'm sure you can buy a charger for your car. How does any of this make big games not worth putting on handhelds?

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 4

You know, I just realized. Craig shat on this because he thinks it doesn't fit due to it being a console game, then he said Super Mario 3D plays too much like a handheld Mario title in his E3 impressions. What the hell?

• Thumbs Up 5

The great fairies are even more terrifying now. Not only are they rendered in much better graphics, but IN 3D.

Also, I do think they could have given the game a little more direction in this remake. Not that I think the game should hold your hand, but I still think it's retained a bit of that 'old game syndrome' where it will sometimes leave you with very few clues as to where to go next.

I mean, I've just finished Dodongo's Cavern. I know I'm supposed to go to Zora's Domain next. But what if I didn't? After the cavern, the Gorons tell me to go meet the great fairy at the top of Death Mountain. She tells me to go to the one near Hyrule Castle. Then... nothing.

Okay, I can check with Saria, who tells me to go to Zora's domain, but still.

That said, I suppose that's what the hint videos are for. I did check one out of curiosity (the one showing me where Zora's domain is), and it actually seemed a little vague. D:

I dunno, I just think adding a quick "GO <DIRECTION> FROM HERE" message, or adding in a few extra owl encounters to give such messages would have made everything flow a bit more nicely. Hint videos are cheap. D: Hell, even just having Navi pop up a bit more often and being a bit more helpful would be useful.

Edited by -Mark-

Does anyone know if Navi will have a voice like in the N64 verison of Ocarina of Time? or did they make her silent?

Please tell me they made her silent.

No, she's still got the voice, as do most of the characters I believe. Why on earth would they make her silent?

Also, what kind of play coin integration have they made? I heard that play coins have some purpose in the game, but so far no one's said what it is, exactly. Does it have something to do with the hint things?

Everyone in the audience at Jimmy Fallon's show last night got a free copy of the game.

Jimmy Fallon......quite the hyper one that man...

And everyone got a free Copy of OOT3D? I WISH I WAS THERE DX *where is this show anyway?*