Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

Oh the advantages people get of working in a video game store. A friend of mine who's the manager of the local Game over here has a copy of the game already and I asked him what he thought about it. He claims that in quality it pretty much makes the original OoT completely obsolete and that it makes the original game show it's age immensely.

I'm thinking of buying it at launch now honestly.

My copy has shipped, and hopefully it should be here on Thursday! Woo!

Dude, where have you been? Nintendo very rarely drops the prices of their games, so you'll be waiting forever. They just now started Player's Choice for Wii, when it's at the end of its life cycle.

I could still get it used at some point, particularly off of Amazon. Speaking of that, I can't help but notice that the GC disk is going for a really good price. If I sell that and get the remake, it's like I'm only paying $10 or $15, depending on shipping.

Sign up for Club Nintendo now, buy the game on Sunday, run home as fast as you can, register the game, and pray that you score the official soundtrack as a reward.

You're in the USA, right? You can do this then. It's what I'm doing.

I've been signed up for years, and I have to admit that IS rather tempting.

I got the newest Game Informer in the mail (Gamestop sends them to me for free for some reason), and they gave OoT 3D a 9.25.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ugh, I wish the US had a better bonus to be honest. As much as I love the music, it's not like it's hard to find on the internet. I would have rather had an ocarina or a shirt or something.

Nonetheless, I've be EXTREMELY excited for this game. I've had so many aches to play one of my many copies in the past (why I have it on virtual console, the cart itself, and the master quest GCN versions, IDK), but I wanted to hold off for this. Though, instead of just zipping through it like normal, I think I'm going to try to chew slowly this time. Like read what people are saying, instead of just knowing what they are generally talking about. I'm pretty sure it was this that made me love it so much in the past.

I got the newest Game Informer in the mail (Gamestop sends them to me for free for some reason), and they gave OoT 3D a 9.25.

Commercial with Robin and Zelda Williams.

Now we know what their super secret Nintendo shoot was all about.

• Thumbs Up 5

Is the soundtrack thing worldwide or US-only?

It's just that Club Nintendo Europe is down right due to...well, should be obvious really. There goes our chances by the look of it. D:

Is the soundtrack thing worldwide or US-only?

It's just that Club Nintendo Europe is down right due to...well, should be obvious really. There goes our chances by the look of it. D:

I'm pretty sure Nintendo said it was a worldwide thing at their E3 press conference.

What, no comment on the commercial? I thought it was awesome. And rather heartwarming.

Also, I didn't know that Robin Williams had grown such an awesome beard.

The Robin Williams advert is rather charming. Some will probably find it horribly cheesy, but I liked it.

Also, Robin Williams is obviously (not) trying to look like the King from CD-i Zelda with DAT BEARD:

Mah+Boi+Coloured.jpg

Eh? EH?

Especially as he's Zelda's father an' all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god. Robin Williams for King Harnikan in future Zelda movie. NO I DON'T CARE THAT HE'S NOT CANON MAKE HIM CANON. DANS NOSEFACE FROM WIND WAKER CAN FUCK OFF.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm pretty sure Nintendo said it was a worldwide thing at their E3 press conference.

I've heard conflicting reports. Some people say it's U.S and Canada only, while others say it'll be Europe as well. A user on Neogaf quoted NOE, saying

"Club Nintendo Members who register their copy of the game will have the chance to get their hands on an exclusive THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME 3D SOUNDTRACK CD, featuring a slew of great tracks from the game score. But, if you want to get your hands on one, you'll have to register the game by the 30th of June 2011!"

I can't really verify this, but hopefully it's worldwide.

If it pops up on you guys' Club Nintendo site, It's worldwide. It says so on mine, but I'm not sure it's worldwide. I think it is.

That commercial was pretty awesome. As cheesy as it was, it was pretty effective. Seeing Robin Williams like this for this game, even if scripted, is pretty heart warming. Plus, that simple "Fans since 1987" thing was cools. Definitely more hype, which I already had an unnecessary amount anyways, XD.

Thanks to Mollfie getting the copies in at GAME, we got it today. =D Damn awesome so far, totally agree with all the opinions from press people who said it beautifully updates without losing the heart/vibe/whatever-it-is of the original N64 game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to Mollfie getting the copies in at GAME, we got it today. =D Damn awesome so far, totally agree with all the opinions from press people who said it beautifully updates without losing the heart/vibe/whatever-it-is of the original N64 game.

You lucky git :P Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. I wish I could get this on release, but I've got no money spare due to SoS train tickets and Father's Day. Will definitely pick it up at some point though.

Well thank god it's good.

Honestly I own two copies of OoT already for the 64, and on Virtual Console. I'd hate to be picking up a game that is exactly the same with better graphics, but it's apparently way better so fuck year nintendy.

For sure, I've only played up to Dodongo's Cavern so far, but there hasn't been a single moment yet where I thought "Huh... I kinda prefered the N64 version for that bit".

The main aesthetic differences so far have been:

(Super minor spoilers, just about how they've updated something)

In the cut-scenes. There are quite a few where they've redone the camera angles and animations to make them a teeny bit more dramatic than the original - for example the opening Deku Tree conversation with Navi now has varied camera angles, rather than about 10 text boxes of just Navi hovering right in front of the Deku Tree's face.

2lmwjrd.png

Man why are Swedish pre-order bonuses always so shitty compared to UK stuff.

Gamereactor.se gave it two reviews, both a 10/10.

I'm rather miffed that my copy didn't arrive today. This is the first time a GAME preorder didn't arrive early, and it was shipped on the 14th! Ah well, no biggie.

Edited by Blue Blood