Awoo.

Penth's Sketchbook

Nepenthe

f9b3046eedb9d3d61f1f5ab8f9f01204b3b6183f

Other resident SSMB Fur T-Min's avatar too! I drew this on a whim for him. It's my first time using charcoal on a fictional subject, and I'm quite pleased with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

nepenthe-49324.cover.png

Aldagar. <3 I always loved this guy. Most badass Yorkie ever. Your art never fails to impress, Penthe. =)

• Thumbs Up 2

Very impressive Copic Marker and Graphite/Charcoal work, Penthe. Really nifty stuff. The digital painting is coming along very well too. The Duck Hunt dog Vector is fantastic; it looks good to go for an emblem design. 

So I've decided to, stal-errr I mean, look through your art topic and I've gotta agree with everyone else, this is one of best looking art I've seen in recent memory. So I shall give you major kuddos on such talents, Neps! Like some of the artwork you painted looks really great, gives a very mellow feel to it and it overall has a really nice feel to it. The DETAIL! MY GOODNESS, the detail! It's again, truly amazing to see such detail and heart being added into every single drawing you make and it shows EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! 

Please do continue you work, Neps! I should thank you for providing such amazing art for all of us to see!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say once again that this piece turned out beautiful and I had a lot of fun watching it unfold!  Excellent work as always!

• Thumbs Up 1

HOLY CRAP! That looks amazing!

The use of the colors definitely brings a very mellow feel to it so I guess when this game was announced a lot of Bango-Kazooie enthusiasts were jumping for joy and such! Great job as always Neps and hope you had an awesome time in that livestream, couldn't make due to work and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nepenthe, please don't stop.

Your art gives me life

I'd definitely ask for a commission if I had remotely any money of my own, maybe even more than one, probably seven. But that'll have to wait I s'pose, lol

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! My god! Your an fantastic artist! Sorry I am giving you a complement very late.

But I think this still deserves one after 5 years. Good work! :)

I wish I could draw like you! It's just that your really good! :)

PS I really like your Silver The Hedgehog drawing. Well done! Just marvelous! :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Ha, I remember seeing that Ty image on deviantArt and really loving it, only to not make the connection until I actually looked at the username...

The Banjo/Yooka image is glorious. I imagine it must have been fun seeing it slowly come to life... though I am indeed amazed at Rare's library.

I really need to check this thread more. Your stuff is awesome!

I should look into commissioning you sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

God, I didn't know Nepenthe was so good at it. That was some impressive art.

A shame I don't have a working printer with me at this moment. I would love to try to give colors to some of these arts.

Edited by ZDozer

Constant practice, coffee, gathering refs and inspiration, copying Disney, tears, regret, low confidence, bursts of inspiration, sudden ego and confidence, more coffee, and even more practice... in that exact order.

What if you don't like coffee?  Can it be decaf?  How many milliliters of tears are necessary for optimal artistic performance?  Should I save them for each drawing session or should they be tossed out at the end of every piece?

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't tell you the exact formula, now can I? Some things have to be secret. =D You'll just have to get in 22 years of practice to find it out yourself. <3

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, this artwork is amazing. Really great range of stuff as well, from Disney style pictures to Sonic style to Banjo Kazooie etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

After binge reading this topic, I have to say...

Your artwork is just stunning. I can't words right now how good it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

nepenthe-most-valuable-werething.png

Well, there was no rules in the Basketball rule book about not allowing Werehogs to play so it's all good.

• Thumbs Up 2

You've got such beautiful and controlled lines and your style reminds me a lot of older disney stuff. You're so great at posing too! Really cool!

• Thumbs Up 3