The artwork...

UM....

(WHAT COULD I SAY?????)

UH, GIVE ME A SECOND

UM, UM....

Spectacular??

DANGIT, that's all I could say!

• Thumbs Up 1

Some time in the future I'd like to throw money at you to do something for me.

I hope you'll be willing to accept it.

I'm actually gearing up to release some commission info in the Artists thread after I fix things on FA, because I need my own funds. So stay tuned for that. :3

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I'm at the theatre with my best friend as she works on a perspective drawing assignment. As the senior art student, I did what I had to do: Ignore her completely and draw Sabrewulf from Killer Instinct. Photobucket's derping out on this expensive cell phone, so uploads it is. 

EDIT: Got my scanner back up again and Photobucket stopped being a derp, so here's higher-quality versions with extra humiliation:

Sabrewulf001_small_zps43cd7964.png

Sabrewulf002_small_zps9140d455.png

Edited by Nepen-The Other Reindeer
  • Thumbs Up 7

Amazing... Absolutely amazing!

I love how you captured the build of characters so well. They all have a sense of weight and a great sense of prospective and proportion. It's all really professionally made and a real treat on the eyes.

To speak for your latest work, I really enjoyed what you did with Saberwulf, especially being a fan of the Killer Instinct series. Not only does he look accurate, but it's really awesome that you had so much fun with him. Accurately drawn Saberwulf: Awesome! Accurately drawn Saberwulf with a party hat and frolicking with flowers: AWW YEAH!

Keep up the great work, Nepenthe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pffffff this is maaarvellous! How come I never noticed this page till now? D: 

Not only do I love the way you draw furries, but it's just so expressive and...free flowing, if you know what I mean! So much movement and...just..it's great!

If I had moneys I would so ask for a commission. 8]

He was just finally entering REM sleep for the first time in weeks..... Also, my scanner is goddamned awful. D: And I should never "eye" perspective again. *facepalm*

Artwork like this serves me as a huge reminder an image doesn't need to be in color at all to look absolutely beautiful. You've mastered linework, shading, and the characters' proportions; in fact this looks like something I'd see out of an official storyboard!

Keep up the wonderful work. biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another big thank you to everyone who's commented on my work. It's really appreciated and keeps the spirits up. ^^

A little WIP, but I keep laughing as I work on it so I figured it'd make you laugh too. My brother is gearing up for Furry Weekend Atlanta in March and has been split on what to put on the ID badge you're issued by the volunteers: "Jurassic Lizard Superstar Hero" or "I Have No Idea What I'm Doing." He was leaning toward the latter but afraid it'd be over the character limit, so I decided to do a badge featuring his costume character with the phrase on it myself:

ptsdbadge_zps51f14c7f.png

I'm split on whether or not to further meme it up with Battlefield 4 imagery, or at least the franchise's "ice blue w/random orange lights" scheme, because he's been playing that recently and the amount of times he's encountered people who don't know how to fly helicopters would be enough to invoke PTSD in anyone.

EDIT: Nope. All of the Battlefield 4.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Nepenthe do you hate drawing vehicles? :P 

But seriously, those look good, there is something right about Shadow playing the accordion.

• 3 weeks later...

Although getting her face even was a bitch for some reason. x.x

th-that pun

it stings D:

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

So yeah, I did like two commissions over the past few days for a more-than-generous friend. They were actually really satisfying to do, as they're gonna keep me busy until I get back into school, and I actually earned money for something I did myself! 8O So I might as well stop pussyfooting and post up some prices soon.

Fl0ofs_Friends_Birthday_zps4fb45490.png

A really rough and dirty painting for the commissioner's friend of his albino fox character who for some reason still has purple eyes.

Penth_Kou_fight_FINAL_zps418ec9f1.png

A flat-colored drawing of my hedgehog who I've been trying to keep under wraps for, well, ever because people are judgmental, fighting with his martial arts cat Kou (did I mention this guy loves martial arts?), based on this pose because fuck if sheltered ol' me knows what fighting looks like. \o/

• Thumbs Up 9

• 2 weeks later...

Your varied drawing sketches really are interesting to look at Nepenthe. *applauds* I do congratulate you on your skill. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woah! The stuff you have here is really awesome!

Your pencil drawings really do look professional and I could totally see those on concept art for games and such.

Keep it up! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...