Awoo.

Penth's Sketchbook

Nepenthe

I'm, liek, super furry. D:

Anyway, thanks for the comments. It's appreciated. <3 If nothing else, this has given me a spark of motivation to do some more drawing. I do have some things I need to actually do, namely some storyboards and some badges. xP and art for Soniko because we're drawing rivals and it's necessary yes.

Ohh! you're so kind Penth! i lab u <33

Edited by Super Snowiko

When staring at Rouge for a bit... I swear that shape looks like a bottle of Wine or something between her tits *rubs eyes* cannot unsee till you flesh this awesomeness out Penth :<

Yey! it's gone, i think i was looking at the top of her left hand/arm where you had roughed it out, sort of looked like the neck of a bottle if you looked hard enough, but it was probably lack of sleep too xD Looking good Penth! n__n b

Holy shit that's awesome.

You even got Shadow to smile without him looking like he's about to commit a homicide! That's an achievement like no other right there.

• Thumbs Up 7

I admire you for being able to draw body proportions so accurately! :D

Say, do you have a deviantART account? I apologise if I had missed it while reading this thread ._."

Yey! it's gone, i think i was looking at the top of her left hand/arm where you had roughed it out, sort of looked like the neck of a bottle if you looked hard enough, but it was probably lack of sleep too xD Looking good Penth! n__n b

Yeah it's gone now but it was totally there; I definitely saw what you were talking about :P

So this is my first time stumbling upon this topic and I gotta say Penthe, this stuff is so amazing. My favorite is that Sonic comic strip with Generations' Classic Sonic. So cute and funny! I love your art and am looking forward to seeing more :D

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit I love that Christmas pic! Any plans to colour it?

Blocking in some value in Photoshop as we speak. x3

I admire you for being able to draw body proportions so accurately! biggrin.png

Say, do you have a deviantART account? I apologise if I had missed it while reading this thread ._."

I do, but it's updated as regularly as this topic is, which is to say, not much at all. But you're free to have a link. There's some unique stuff on there I haven't posted here. =P

Anyhoo, thanks for any and all comments. They make my little heart all warm and fuzzy.

So jelly of that Christmas pic like you wouldn't believe.

Good work, though. :D

Edited by D-Metal X-mas

You're, like, AWESOME, DUDE!

LOVE that Generations Comic! and also, I am now very tempted to print out that Christmas pic and hang in on my wall.

If i had your astonishing talent id be a wealthy man..

Im in awe at your drawings. Everyone i know thinks im good and should do something with it but i know my limits, but looking at your sketches it doesnt look like you have any limits.. Very jealous....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yay another update! I'm kinda excited about this first idea because being struck with inspiration coupled with coincidences is kinda cool. Plus, it doubles as gift art:

WestieBesties_zps2efb470c.png

DAAAAAAAAAW! wub.png  This is absolutely wonderful and you've got her fur spot-on too! I'm speechless and even my mother found it beautiful too!  

Thanks! smile.png 

• Thumbs Up 1

And here's some other odds and ends. I found some index cards and began drawing on them, thinking I could potentially do something interesting like little collectible cards or something like that. Haven't hit on a theme aside from "Sonic" yet. If nothing else, they're just here to keep my sketching skills up. Small surface area makes drawing less daunting:

SleepTime_zpsd6f6495c.png

Oh God this is so cute and cool :> I'd kill to see Sonic have more...'wolfish' tendencies like that in Unleashed, well, more than what he already exhibits. He looks so huggable. It's so cool how you draw Werehog with completely dead-on proportions and that 'bulky' quality to him, I've found it's not that common in Werehog fanart, too often his proportions being more in-line with his normal form which detracts from the overall impression of burliness as well as power.

• Thumbs Up 3

Outstanding work!  I really like how you keep a good number of your initial guidelines in your sketches.  It's like you can not only see the product of the sketch, but the process as well.  Additionally there's a really wonderful sense of form to all the sketches, even despite the absence of tone for the most part (this may actually be partially due to the guidelines).  

Took a look through and I must say, your artwork is good shit. The proportions are really accurate and impressive, even in the more action-y poses. I love the background work you did on the most recent one with Knux and Sonic, I'd love to see more. Haven't really been moved to comment on Sonic fanart in literally years, so there's that. Good on ya, and keep it up.

• 1 month later...

It's always good to get back to drawing on plain ol' pencil and paper when you've been doing weeks' worth of digital art and shtuff. Just doesn't feel the same man.

Al_Model_Sheet_Small_zpsa71414fc.png

An actual model sheet of my yorkie character sans clothes. I figured he deserves a costume too, so I drew this under the assumption that he'll actually be constructed some time in the future. Will get a splash of color when I actually start buying fur, but for now this is fine.

WolfHookahSketch_zpscad5917f.png

Hopped back on the commission bandwagon after feeling like a big enough scumbag for dropping the ball on these. This was one of them-- a wolf character with loose clothing and a fez smoking hookah. Typical furry shit. xP This is only the sketch I did- the real image is finished line art on cardstock, which will be sent to this dude along with a surprise character badge and lanyard he can use for cons and stuff. T'is the least I can do for him.

• Thumbs Up 3