Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2010

Patticus

Always. Just check any of the websites that are streaming things live, and they'll have links to full recording of the shows very soon after they happened. But really, you're way is probably the worst way to go as far as Nintendo is concerned. Unless you like seeing their money graphs or listening to Cammie Dunaway talk about family holidays (though I'll admit, hearing about her breaking her arm made me feel all fuzzy).

Edited by Tropical Resort Zone

I dunno, I'm feelin' something special coming out of this year's E3. Besides Zelda, I can totally see them whipping out something cool out of no where, like Kirby or Star Fox Wii or something, maybe a new franchise.

I'm calling bullshit on this. 2011 is too early to release a new stationary console, especially considering how the Wii is the most popular console this generation.

WELL I'D BUY THAT FER A DOLLAR!...Er, cheesy commercial lines aside, it sounds interesting. Actually, it sounds like everything I would have wanted the Wii to be in the first place. The only way it could sound cooler is if it had Motion Plus or something even better built into it.

At any rate, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I'll believes 'em when I sees 'em.

I'm calling bullshit on this. 2011 is too early to release a new stationary console, especially considering how the Wii is the most popular console this generation.

Probably, but the 360 did launch in 2005; a full year before its competitors. Who's to say Nintendo couldn't do the same?

If Nintendo had stuff ready to launch a HD Wii by November, we would have heard of it months ago. No on can hold secrets that well, particularly not when people have been looking for evidence of that particular secret for about a year now.

I feel dirty just thinking about it. Bleh

As much as I have to give props to Nintendo for doing so well this gen and effectively being the brains behind Natal and Move, and so the next step in gaming evolution, I hate what they're doing. As far as hardware development goes, they're just 'money money money'. More proper software please.

I feel dirty just thinking about it. Bleh

As much as I have to give props to Nintendo for doing so well this gen and effectively being the brains behind Natal and Move, and so the next step in gaming evolution, I hate what they're doing. As far as hardware development goes, they're just 'money money money'. More proper software please.

Yes, because they totally haven't already pumped out more hardware content than the bloody Gamecube so far.[/sarcasm] Seriously, Nintendo's first/second party library this gen is pretty damn good. Even the 'casual' games are good to the point where calling them shovelware couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, even Wii Music, which is just, well, nothing like any other music game, and probably more of a music game than anything released this gen, some people love it the way it is, others don't. And then there's the stuff that's coming out that we actually know about. Yes, it would be awesome if we got a Starfox game on Wii or an F-Zero, but otherwise, it's hard to complain.

Nintendo has ALWAYS been like this with their hardware, their hardware always makes a profit on its own. And it works, which Sony and Microsoft are finding out the hard way. The only places those two are making a consistent profit with their hardware are Australia and New Zealand, and only because everything gaming-related is roughly double the price because none of the hardware makers have gotten the hint that the Aussie and NZ dollars have gotten a LOT stronger since, well, years ago. Next gen, it's likely both Sony and Microsoft with take the same strategy, otherwise they each risk losing a shitton more cash.

Edit: And there I go, into a mini-rant. :lol: tl;dr - Nintendo's software is great this gen, not much to complain about, and their hardware strategy is nothing new.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

If the Vitality Sensor does turn out to be coming out as early as September like Gamestop Canada says then I wonder what games they've got launching with it after all this dev time apart from the much rumoured Wii Relax? I think even for the casual gaming crowd they'll need a better app than a title that just helps you relax and sleep.

What I mean is, Nintendo are churning out minimal upgrade pieces of hardware to bring them up to, and no further than par. Compared to Microsoft and Sony who seem to be really going upping the game. The 3DS could go one of two ways, so I really am excited about seeing it at E3.

Nintendo has ALWAYS been like this with their hardware, their hardware always makes a profit on its own. And it works, which Sony and Microsoft are finding out the hard way.

While I doubt Microsoft wanted to lose billions of dollars for multiple years on the 360, Sony sold the PS3 for a loss completely on purpose. They almost certainly are making more money than Nintendo are at this point, mostly because how much of a loss they took on the PS3. Both strategies are completely viable for game consoles.

Nintendo's software is great this gen, not much to complain about,

Prices.

Edited by Tornado

Yes, because they totally haven't already pumped out more hardware content than the bloody Gamecube so far.[/sarcasm] Seriously, Nintendo's first/second party library this gen is pretty damn good. Even the 'casual' games are good to the point where calling them shovelware couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, even Wii Music, which is just, well, nothing like any other music game, and probably more of a music game than anything released this gen, some people love it the way it is, others don't. And then there's the stuff that's coming out that we actually know about. Yes, it would be awesome if we got a Starfox game on Wii or an F-Zero, but otherwise, it's hard to complain.

Nintendo has ALWAYS been like this with their hardware, their hardware always makes a profit on its own. And it works, which Sony and Microsoft are finding out the hard way. The only places those two are making a consistent profit with their hardware are Australia and New Zealand, and only because everything gaming-related is roughly double the price because none of the hardware makers have gotten the hint that the Aussie and NZ dollars have gotten a LOT stronger since, well, years ago. Next gen, it's likely both Sony and Microsoft with take the same strategy, otherwise they each risk losing a shitton more cash.

Edit: And there I go, into a mini-rant. :lol: tl;dr - Nintendo's software is great this gen, not much to complain about, and their hardware strategy is nothing new.

Nintendo wasn't being dumb w/their decisions this gen even if people don't like them. They probably wouldn't be doing much better if they DID follow the "hardcore" crowd.

I'd love to see a new Donkey Kong game that's up to par with the originals, let alone a new DK game at all. It really has been way too long since anything significant came out of the Donkey Kong franchise that wasn't Smash Bros. or Barrel Blast related, a new platformer would be sick as hell.

I'd love to see a new Donkey Kong game that's up to par with the originals, let alone a new DK game at all. It really has been way too long since anything significant came out of the Donkey Kong franchise that wasn't Smash Bros. or Barrel Blast related, a new platformer would be sick as hell.

Are you maybe forgetting Jungle Beat?

Which imo wasn't just amazing, it was the best Donkey Kong game of all time.

I liked Jungle Beat but I didn't like the bongo controls too much. I haven't tried the Wii version, though I can't see it being great when it was designed to be played with bongos in the first place.

Prices.

This.

*sees Twilight Princess still for $50*

This so very much.

Anyway, I can't say I have much love for the big ape. But after the fantastic Metroid Prime games, I'm up for a Retro take of anything.

Rumor going around that Retro are working on a new Donkey Kong game.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1096857p1.html

Well... Reggie has been saying for a while that Retro Studios is working on something awesome. While everything is still in the dark... I gotta tell you. The Donkey Kong franchise isn't one of the first franchise that's comes to my mind. (Personally, I see them working on Star Fox before anything other than Metroid.) But hell, the Metroid Prime trilogy is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'm game for whatever they make. (Hopefully it will be revealed at E3.)

The one thing that I think that I can predict... Is that the art style will probably rain with detail. Now, I also want to at least hear something on project Sora... but I better not hold my breath.

Gamestop Canada listing Wii Vitality Sensor

Reckons it's out 1st September 2010 and will be $39.99 -

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=253894

http://www.gonintendo.com/?page=1

(Oh lord... Please let this be a placeholder...) With a price like that, it better get a ton of heavy duty, S-class support... Dead serious. Its as expensive as the Wiimote.

Edited by YoshiUnity: Larry Butz

Uwaaaaa, those Epic Mickey banners look...EPIC. O__O Please let the game look like this too, please let it be true they really have redesigned it all~