Awoo.

Sony @ E3 2010

Patticus

Already got the Sly games, but this would be nice. They better not have sacrificed an ICO collection for this though.

Well conference start's in like a half hour, so I've got time for lunch. Better be awesome demos of the sequels and some epic footage of The Last Guardian if they wanna beat Nintendo.

EDIT: Crap, it doesn't start til 3 PM. Guess I'll rewatch some footage.

Edited by SykoTech

I'm going to be watching this just out of curiousity.

And let's see if it can beat Nintendo. XP

On the one hand, I want to say "Fuck you Sony" for doing the exact money grubbing bullshit that I knew they were going to do from the start. On the other hand, cel shaded games (Sly Cooper included) really don't look that good played on the PS3.

I think Sony's will be great. It'll take a lot to beat Nintendo's, but they'll easily beat MS.

I'm not ready to count Sony out just yet because their conference hasn't even started yet, so I want to wait and see what they offer this year. They do have a lot of expectations to fill, especially with their new Move hardware. I think the main thing that will set them apart is how well Move performs, and what games it will work with.

I'm not ready to count Sony out just yet because their conference hasn't even started yet, so I want to wait and see what they offer this year. They do have a lot of expectations to fill, especially with their new Move hardware. I think the main thing that will set them apart is how well Move performs, and what games it will work with.

Metal Gear Rising... I mean come on, the emphasis on the game is cutting!

If sony beat Ninty i'll buy a PS3.

If a new console SMT game is shown, i'll by a ps3. otherwise, fuck sony.

If a new console SMT game is shown, i'll by a ps3. otherwise, fuck sony.

Mainline or spinoff (ie: Persona)?

Not that one of those would get announced at E3, but TGS is an entirely different subject.

Don't worry Sony, you can still win E3, all what you have to do is travel back in time, release all these characters that most people today have never seen in a game, then show them off tonight! The older fans will go ape and then they'll be cool again!

But... I actually think Sony has already won... the proff is in the other conferences.... I shall explain later.

Don't worry Sony, you can still win E3, all what you have to do is travel back in time, release all these characters that most people today have never seen in a game, then show them off tonight! The older fans will go ape and then they'll be cool again!

The idea that most people watching Nintendo's E3 have never played Smash Bros is a pretty ridiculous one.

Just saying. That was a low blow at Nintendo ):

The idea that most people watching Nintendo's E3 have never played Smash Bros is a pretty ridiculous one.

Just saying. That was a low blow at Nintendo ):

Right.... I have played Smash Bros... it's filled with all these characters... Other than Mario, the Pokemon and Donkey Kong.. I have a big problem... I DON'T KNOW WHO THE OTHERS ARE!?

Who is this child with wings? What is that pink blog thing? Why does that dark smurf have a sword? Who is that woman and why is she now a different colour? Smash Bros doesn't explain anything, it just randomly slaps them into the game and doesn't explain them unless you unlock snake and figure out the codec conversation easter eggs.

Will Sonic be coming to PlayStation Move too? We shall see :lol:

Will Sonic be coming to PlayStation Move too? We shall see :lol:

Bloody hell... how many Sonic games will that be in production if he is!

Who is this child with wings?

Kid Icarus will be a new franchise to 9/10 gamers, you're not expected to know anything.

What is that pink blog thing?

The fact that you don't know Kirby genuinely disturbs me on very many levels.

Why does that dark smurf have a sword? Who is that woman and why is she now a different colour?

I have no idea which game you're talking about here.

Nintendo is all about accessibility. The fact that you don't know the IPs means nothing to games with virtually zero chronology.

Kid Icarus works best as a new franchise anyways, the original wasn't too great.

I don't know why are we talking about this, though. Does Kirby Wii have Move support?

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact that you don't know Kirby genuinely disturbs me on very many levels.

What? So because I've not grown up with nintendo, that disturbs you... give me a break.

I have no idea which game you're talking about here.

He was called something like Meta Knight, and the other woman was zelda... I only know this because I watched the codec convos on youtube following something I read in the SSMB status updates.

Nintendo is all about accessibility. The fact that you don't know the IPs means nothing to games with virtually zero chronology.

You're missing the point. For Nintendo fans it's Owww wow ahhhhhh Old franchises I love... for people like me who have no clue about them or no interest... it look like every other game of the same thing or it's just a "Huh whats the big deal, it's another platformer with a wierd platformer."

Thats part of the reason for all the hype here. Even Goldeneye on the Wii, which looked terrible has got a good responce, if that was a new game, would anyone be interested? Not a chance. Why play that when we had Crysis in 3D announced yesterday.

Sonys lineup, both confirmed and rumoured looks fantastic, but the problem is they don't have the nostalgia, I don't even think Sly Cooper will hit the same nostalgia as what nintendo did. We know nothing about the 3DS titles that have been announced, yet everyone is going ape on name alone.

A week ago, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, Killzone 3, LBP 2 and all these other potentials looked and were wowing people, they don't have nostalgia, nor do they have a history like Nintendo, but they excited people because of what they had to offer. These games are still there and are still to be shown. But until they get that level of nostalgia, one can only dream of them getting the same level of excitement.

Edited by Gnasher

What? So because I've not grown up with nintendo, that disturbs you... give me a break.

Kirby is a very popular franchise known by the grand majority of the game community. It'd be like me not knowing about Sly Raccoon :S

You're missing the point. For Nintendo fans it's Owww wow ahhhhhh Old franchises I love... for people like me who have no clue about them or no interest... it look like every other game of the same thing or it's just a "Huh whats the big deal, it's another platformer with a wierd platformer."

Thats part of the reason for all the hype here. Even Goldeneye on the Wii, which looked terrible has got a good responce, if that was a new game, would anyone be interested? Not a chance. Why play that when we had Crysis in 3D announced yesterday.

Sonys lineup, both confirmed and rumoured looks fantastic, but the problem is they don't have the nostalgia, I don't even think Sly Cooper will hit the same nostalgia as what nintendo did. We know nothing about the 3DS titles that have been announced, yet everyone is going ape on name alone.

But you don't have to be Nintendo fans to enjoy these games. The very same thing applies to all of Sony's franchises. I have no idea who all these characters are and why they're doing what they're doing. Does that mean they're nostalgia based?

That's not the point anyway. I could come from Sony's conference with your exact reaction to Nintendo's conference quite easily. IP is a very important thing, and they're generally a show of quality too. People went crazy over GoW3 last year. Why? Because it's a popular IP and most of all a good game, same case as all the Nintendo games.

Would you have had a go at me for saying "why is this angry bald guy with red paint on his face killing things" and using that as a reason to discredit the conference?

EDIT: Anyway, sorry for being so off topic. I just think that's an unfairly negative review of Nintendo's conference, when Sony will likely be invoking big nostalgia names like Final Fantasy, MGS and Kingdom Hearts and noone will be complaining about that.

Edited by SuperLink

Lookin forward to Sony’s conference. They will have some work to do to get out ahead of Nintendo, but they certainly have the game power necessary to do it. I really want to see what they do with Move. After watching Kinect crash and burn yesterday, my hopes arnt terribly high… although it wasn’t necessarily that high to begin with.

Lookin forward to Sony’s conference. They will have some work to do to get out ahead of Nintendo, but they certainly have the game power necessary to do it. I really want to see what they do with Move. After watching Kinect crash and burn yesterday, my hopes arnt terribly high… although it wasn’t necessarily that high to begin with.

After my obligatory mocking, I'm going to judge it based on what it shows, specifically, is there anything that I want to buy!

I don't think the focus on move will be too much, we saw move last year, and we've seen it a lot a few months ago... I think we'll see a mixture tonight, mainly game focused, but don't forget, we might also see PSN+ discussion... boring to hear... but great for current owners.

No, that doesn't disturb me. As I said in the other thread, I've never even played the original Kid Icarus, but I don't see how that precludes me being excited by a new game.

That you are intentionally ignorant of Nintendo franchises seemingly just so you can shit on them when new games are announced does disturb me.

Sonys lineup, both confirmed and rumoured looks fantastic, but the problem is they don't have the nostalgia, I don't even think Sly Cooper will hit the same nostalgia as what nintendo did.

The problem being that Nintendo's lineup before the show, both confirmed and rumoured, was also fantastic. Nostalgia has nothing to do with anything.

We know nothing about the 3DS titles that have been announced, yet everyone is going ape on name alone.

I'd imagine a game called "Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition" would probably be somewhat related to the game that came out earlier this year called "Super Street Fighter IV." And that a game called "Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D" would probably be somewhat similar that game "Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater" from a few years ago.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the focus on move will be too much, we saw move last year, and we've seen it a lot a few months ago... I think we'll see a mixture tonight, mainly game focused, but don't forget, we might also see PSN+ discussion... boring to hear... but great for current owners.

If I were Sony, I would see this as a chance to stick it to Microsoft and possibly put a nail in the Kinect coffin. If they show up with Move and some utterly fantastic real games, than Kinect would be on the ropes. I don’t now how far ahead these companies plan their demonstrations, but if Sony actually showcases some games for their peripheral, than that right there would 1-up the comp. I would expect them to donate some quality time to Move to make it happen.

The same goes for displaying a 1 to 1 archery that works (because Zelda clearly had some issues with that).