Awoo.

Sony @ E3 2010

Patticus

But these leaks don't really matter really. We'll get the 'official' announcements anyway come E3, but it all depends on if the stuff you show at E3 actually gets released anytime soon after it.

Actually, this one's been the first(?) leak thus far, not counting rumors. Everything else has been accompanied of an official blog post, press release, proper media and even videos.

Here it's poor off-screen unofficial captures of an alpha build for a game that hasn't been confirmed IIRC, which fits the leak definition. It'd expect to see much better footage at E3 if not earlier, as it happened with Last Guardian back in 2009.

I'm beginning to think it's a good thing these sequels have been revealed before E3. This means there won't be any lame "Teaser Trailer" announcements for them and some solid gameplay footage instead. We've all known that these follow-ups were coming anyway, so no real shock value has been lost.

Ohh wow Sony's E3 is shaping up to be pretty good half the games they got makes me wish I had A PS3 sometimes for games like Motorstorm 3, Infamous 2, LittleBIGPlanet 2, Ape Escape PS3(GAWD I USED LOVED THAT GAME ON THE PS1 =D) and Killzone 3 (loved the first game but lost track the series after second game was on PS3 and didn't have a PS3).

Motorstorm 3 is gonna need some MAJOR overhauls if its going to get my cash, the first 2 were controller smashing frustrating.

If you ask me inFAMOUS 1 Cole looks like kinda a prick, and that hair style makes him look like slightly less of a prick, which is a good thing imo. There's always been a thin line between "actually badass" and "trying too hard and just being a jerk".

He still looks pretty generic though. But inFAMOUS 2 gives me a good reason to skip out the first game (I don't particularly care for the plot, only the superfun superhero shenanigans).

My biggest hopes from Sony are on the JRPG side of things as usual. I'm hoping to finally get some lovely FFVersusXIII footage, maybe it'll turn out to be the game FFXIII should have been.

I also want to see Kingdom Hearts III and an FFVII remake. And when I say FFVII remake I don't mean FFVII: Grimdark FFXIII/Advent Children/Canon rape Edition, I mean FFVII, with all the humour and personality of the original.

Last but not least I want Namco to stop being douchebags and announce a localisation of ToV PS3.

Also LBP2 looks flipping amazing, haters gonna hate *v*

Edited by SuperLink

PS4? That Kotaku is even entertaining the idea is hilarious. Its just trying to pull in people towards 3D gaming, for those who managed to miss the multiple games (GT5, Killzone 3) already announced to support 3D gaming.

Could be a sort of teaser for the rumored new XMB interface if real, too.

Anyways - might as well post the Infamous 2 scans here:

th_infamous.jpgth_infamous2.jpg

th_infamous3.jpgth_infamous4.jpg

th_infamous5.jpgth_infamous6.jpg

th_infamous7.jpgth_infamous8.jpg

th_630975fdbf68bbbfa48da08e55b3c44d515.jpgth_7d53605765a28c7ab3bd1f771eed41bed27.jpg

Still reading them myself.

edit: huge fucking Infamous 1 spoilers in the text, you've been warned.

EDIT: WHOOPS last 2 pages didn't show - fixed

Edited by Dobkeratops
  • Thumbs Up 1

A nice fanmade teaser at best. It has to be total BS though.

Announcing the PS4 now, at the peak of PS3's popularity, and when Nintendo and MS don't have their new home systems planned for a fair few years, is like business suicide if you ask me.

So why then did a PS4 trailer show footage of a PS3 title, use the music from the PS3 and even the PS3 "PLAYSTATION" voice that they use to promote stuff.

I dobut for a second that this is the PS4, if anything it's 3D gaming, pretend that video is called "PS3 3D gaming demonstration." it certainly looks more in line with that kind of thinking than PS4.

Also however it is PS4. I'm going to be furious.

Edited by Gnasher

Yeah, I think it' just a big update, probably 3D related. I believe Sony's just using the PS4 thing as an angle to boast about how significant it is, or perhaps throw people off of what they will announce.

EDIT: That's assuming that it's real, of course. I don't think that the Youtube channel has been proven to be Sony's doing.

Edited by SykoTech

So why then did a PS4 trailer show footage of a PS3 title, use the music from the PS3 and even the PS3 "PLAYSTATION" voice that they use to promote stuff.

I dobut for a second that this is the PS4, if anything it's 3D gaming, pretend that video is called "PS3 3D gaming demonstration." it certainly looks more in line with that kind of thinking than PS4.

Also however it is PS4. I'm going to be furious.

Doubtful, because ps3 slim just launched, to launch a ps4 right now would be suicide (and piss off consumers who just bought a ps3 slim). This is related to 3d gaming, especially since SONY has been backing it for months. SONY just wants to build hype.

Edited by Silencer226

I honestly don't think this trailer is Sony made. If it is it's ridiculous, even if it is "just to throw people off".

I honestly don't think this trailer is Sony made. If it is it's ridiculous, even if it is "just to throw people off".

Why is it ridiculous exactly? Game companies pull this kind of wierd shit all the time when they've advertising the 'next big thing.' The big 3 have all done this so it's nothing new at all... but as for if this is a fan thing... when people hoax stuff for game companies, they don't usually do video. Ever, it's too complicated to do and theres normally obvious flaws to it. Normally it's still images as you can make them look far more authentic than you can a video.

That clip was filmed using a very high end camera for one, the eiditing is also professionally done. The lighting and general cinnematography is also very high standard for a simple fan made film. The costumes too, the work and theres no one costume that looks wrong or overshadows the other.

Normally when someone makes a fan video/hoax, at least one aspect of it is usually a big clue that it was fan made. But this one doesn't have any obvious signs.... except 1.

The ending... when the advert ends and it comes up with PS4. That looks wrong. It doesn't fit with what we've just seen. This is especially true for Sony, when Sony is about to announce something via a trailer, it's rare for them to outright say what the product is. Even with the old PS3 adverts, they would just show the unit and then a date, that was it. With this one, the advert itself I'm convinced is real, but the ending just seems very wrong. It could have easilly been made by anyone with even the most basic editing tools.

Lol, just noticed this.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/09/the-ultimate-3d-gaming-experience-stereoscopic-3d-gaming-on-playstation-3-available-tomorrow/

So probably not 3D since that's coming tomorrow.

Starting to lean on it being fake.

Just because something comes out, doesn't mean there won't be adverts for it. At the moment, they'll probably show it at E3, then start using it as a TV ad.

Edited by Gnasher

Perhaps the teaser itself is real and Sony made (although there are tons of YouTube users who are brilliant with editing and such so it's not out of the question by any means), but the PS4 bit just ruins any chance it has of being real imo.

When I said it was ridiculous it was mainly aimed at the notion that it was a teaser for "PS4", even if that was just to throw people, it's still ridiculous to put PS4 when the actual thing is so different.

Woah ANOTHER video? So now we've had 2 PlayStation viral videos within the space of a few days with E3 just on the way, something fishy is going on. I reckon if they're real they're more to do with Sony's 3D gaming rather than a new console though a PS4 would be a big E3 shocker, it's not entirely impossible considering they've still been supporting PS2 well after the PS3's launch with PS2 now in it's 10th year which I expect them to discontinue at E3 as they said it was going to live a 10 year life cycle.

EDIT:

Sony confirms the videos are fake -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sony-confirms-ps4-videos-are-fake

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaand there's the official announcement for Motorstorm 3

* Sixteen player online multiplayer.

* Four player split-screen.

* Combinations of the two. Play with three friends in the living room against 12 more online.

* Massive vehicle customisation. Change vinyls, vehicle parts, vehicle shapes and more. Upload them to the community site and share them with others. They automatically work on all vehicle types, and include your PSN ID.

* Vehicle perks. Modify your handling, boosting and offensive abilities as you unlock new perks.

* A wealth of rankings to progess through online with associated rewards and recognition.

* Stacks of online rewards to earn and persistent progress giving the most determined and successful racers the status and recognition they deserve.

* Persistent matchmaking. Keep your party together throughout your gaming session.

* A Game Mode Creator. From a completely blank canvas you can design your own game rules and victory conditions, play them online, and incorporate them into tournaments.

rUH0sl.jpg

GmbVyl.jpg

PhnqFl.jpg

So it isn't really a post apocalyptic setting, but rather a disaster theme.

And with this one I assume they're done with the pre-show announcements, since next week is E3. Perhaps now they can devote an entire hour to Last Guardian like it very much deserves.

179720100613_210834_1_big.jpg

...I think I could actually be looking forward to the Move demontrastions now. I still don't particularly care for motion controls, but they are guaranteed to be hilarious if Kevin Butler is going to be invloved with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woah! Looks like Sony are really going all out to promote PlayStation Move :o I hope it lives up to the hype, from what we've seen so far it looks pretty accurate and fun to use but I'm really hoping for some awesome proper games other than Socom to use the controllers with rather than just the mini-games we've seen so far.

Dead Space 2 confirmed to have a big showing at "the Sony Show" in the E3 conference just now.

986.jpg

It started with Kratos, and now it seems another beloved Sony icon is getting his own upgraded anthology. A slightly blurry photo (above) from our Sights of E3 collection shows "The Sly Collection" being advertised, and it's hard not to notice the "3D" label in the right-hand corner. Sly Cooper is a Sucker Punch creation, and right now they're hard at work on Infamous 2 -- but fans wishing for more thieving raccoon action can at least check out the compiled games, transferred into HD

Well, this could be the third HD compilation.

And guys... if I were you I'd stay tuned to the Sony conference. Don't want to say anything in case plans change, but assuming half of everything turns out to be real...

Let's just say they're not fucking around.