Awoo.

Princess Sara. Should be in at least one game

Meta77

if youve seen the ova you know who am talking about. but really sara was a great character. though why spoiled a bit she was still a good additon to the sonic crew. after watching the movie again and this flash video i feel in love with her all over again.

Edited by Meta77

I'm not sure about Sara appearing in a game, but I do agree she was a pretty good character in the OVA. She was funny, she was unique... and even though it was another Sonic/human relationship, it was done well. Plus she made Eggman act all pervy, which is undoubtedly hilarious. :P

sara.jpg

There's not many characters that can get away with calling Metal Sonic a pervert and being groped by Tails ("I never thought you'd stoop so low!").

One character from the OVA I would like to see in a game though is this guy...

Old_Man_Owl_by_TheWax.jpg

More love for the Old Man Owl.

He used to be quite the hit with the ladies, after all.

• Thumbs Up 5

Crossing over any of the universes? No thank you. Solely speaking about her appearance, she was a typical anime cat girl. I hate them, and such should have nothing to do with Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather have Princess Sally be in the games, then the princess from the OVA.

Plus Sally has more of a fanbase, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

yea shes a neko but hey shes more of a fanbase than many may know. I though she was mega cute. saly meh shes never caught on with me sure back when i was a kid i was like hey sallys pretty cool but nowadays am like meh shes so-so.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was interesting how she seemed to have a friendship with Eggman...Sure she didn't want to marry him, but she came along with him willingly, and even was playing video games with him at one point.:)

I think she may be the only female to genuinely befriend him in any continuity.XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Cross-contaminating continuities? fffffffffu-!

Don't get me wrong - Sara is a pretty cool gal and stuff, but I'd rather not see her incorporated in the games continuity. It'd be impossible to shoehorn her in as is and keep her backstory fully intact. The Sonic Team continuity takes place on Earth, rather than the "Planet Freedom" featured in the OVA. Sonic's home country, the United Federation, is presumably a federal constitutional presidential republic, rather than some bonkers presidential monarchy/patriarchy combo, so Sara couldn't fill the roll of the princess (not to mention that the UF President presumably doesn't have any children). Animal-human hybrids also don't exist in the series as of now, so her inclusion would just make things really odd.

So unless you make Planet Freedom an entirely separate entity (with near-duplicate locations from Earth to boot) she'd have to undergo some major character-rehauling just so she could retain her role as catgirl princess and daughter of a President. And even if that were done, you'd have to incorporate some crazy space/dimension travelling element in order for there to be any interaction between the two places. So it just kinda gets messy.

Come to think of it, Princess Elise III may have been the game continuity's answer to Sara. but nobody likes her. So meh. =\

Edited by Spagonia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Come to think of it, the fact that Planet Freedom has run down cities in a "land of darkness" seems to imply that Planet Freedom might be a post-apocalyptic Earth. I wouldn't take my word for it, though, since it's never explicitly stated, and a post-apocaplyptic world would still be far too different from the world that post Sonic Adventure Sonic lives on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Although I doubt it would ever happen, I can see Sara appearing in the games without being out of place. She can simply be the princess of another country, separate from the United Federation. The games have been getting more fantastical as opposed to sci-fi in recent years (Rush Adventure taking place in another dimension, the alternate universes of the Storybook Series, and the plot of Unleashed in general), so I don't doubt that it could work without any problems.

Edited by Icecoldfrieza
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with several points here. Especially the comparisons to Elise. If she was to be put into the main series you'd have to give her a small country. One that has a president like the President, a fat bumbling general type. They could fit into the games. And leave Planet Freedom behind.

Not that I don't like the setting, in fact I love it. The idea of islands in the sky and what appears to be a sparsely populated planet after a cataclysmic event. Very cool. Especially with the underworld styled Land of Darkness. Like Blazey said, I've always thought the OVA world was a post-apocalyptic planet.

We clearly see cities in ruin. And Sonic lives out of a downed airliner that just happens to be sitting on his island. It lends a certain creepiness to the Land of Darkness when you realize it looks like New York City under a huge canopy of floating land. Oh and yeah, more Old Man Owl please.

Edited by Badnikstan
  • Thumbs Up 1

yes think about it. A amazing land with the land in the sky and sara in cg would be amazing and beautiful. and the land of darkness and robotropolis would be some neat settings for some levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I wish Sonic Team took inspiration from the OVA when trying to flesh out his world. Better than "Hey here's a city, guess what, There's nothing interesting about it!", which basically sums up civilization for SA 1,2, ShtH, 06, and a lot of Unleashed.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1

One character from the OVA I would like to see in a game though is this guy...

Old_Man_Owl_by_TheWax.jpg

More love for the Old Man Owl.

He used to be quite the hit with the ladies, after all.

Now THAT would make any Sonic game an automatic buy. Maybe we could see him wearing 80's-90's clothes and dancing again.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure about Sara being in a game (I just don't see it working well), but if old man Owl was given a chance, then I'd buy it in a heart beat. He really stole the show, and just about every moment he was in was just priceless!

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel compelled to mention Sara is not a princess. She's the president's daughter, a whole other damsel in distress stereotype altogether. Where Elise was flat and boring, Sara was bratty and selfish in a comedic fashion, enough so to be endearing despite (or because of) her glaring flaws.

I loved the OVA cast, but eh, letting non-game characters into the games could open the path for other non-game characters. Characters I'd be displeased seeing in the game continuity.

Absolutely no bloody way should the Comic Con harlot catgirl come within ten feet of a Sonic game.

I feel that she has nothing to bring to the table except more boobage for the male oglers. Her personality in short was nothing more than bratty and annoying; more like the polar opposite of Chris Thorndyke as spoiled rich moron.

Besides Robotnik loves himself too much. :P

I rather like Sara. She's exactly what I want to see in a human Sonic character: like Eggman and many of the humans from Unleashed (and unlike Elise and the GUN Commander), her personality and design are wacky enough that she can remain interesting even when standing next to the multicoloured fauna.

I'd rather not see her in the games, though, for reasons of OH GOD SLIPPERY SLOPE KEEP THE ARCHIE CHARACTERS OUT OF MY GAMES PLEASE. We've already gotten a Julie-Su-alike in the form of Shade and a Zachary/Finitevus-alike in Ix, though, so I couldn't argue with a character who's only suspiciously similar to Sara. Maybe as... I don't know, the daughter of the GUN Commander* or something, since we know he has children, sneaking away from her boring daddy to hang out with a known terrorist.

*I know there's an actual president in the games who she could be the daughter of, but the guy's pretty much a non-character. At least the GUN Commander is so serious that it's funny to picture him having to deal with a bratty kid.

Edited by Octarine

I would think that Sara would just run into the same problems any non game-verse character would inevitably run into when jumping into the universe. They are essentially dealing with a different Sonic, so the connection that we grew fond of (or came to expect) in one reality simply may not transfer to the next.

Sara was a good fit from a character standpoint because of what she brought to the table with both Sonic and Robotnik (something not every character can do). She was chummy enough with the doctor to sit down and play a round of games and still was the fangirl esc character when put next to the Hedgehog. That dynamic would be lost in a transfer over to the games universe. Eggman for one isn’t the slapstick comedic variant he was in the OVA, and Sonic deals with the people around him in a much different manner in the games.

The benefits of moving a character like Sara over to the games would be lost in the shuffle, and it would defeat its own purpose. She depends on the OVA Sonic and Eggman to make her role interesting, and neither exists in the games. As fitting as her role was there, I really wouldn’t want to see Sega try to splice characters of her mold into the games unnecessarily.

….. Oh yeah, and no catgirls plz.

Edited by Gallia

Back before the forums crashed and a lot of content was lost, I wrote a big thing about how Sonic '06 could have easily been the OVA with gameplay and plot tweaks. I won't get into it too much, but here were a few things I remember mentioning:

-both were titled 'Sonic the Hedgehog' :-/ No change needed there

-Sara could easily replace Elise, it would make the Eggman kidnapping scenes much more fun

-Toss in Old Man Owl as the tutorial NPC

-scrap Silver, bring in Metal Sonic (no super mecha Sonic Heroes mode, just classic Metal)

-have Blaze fill the role of Silver

-don't take the plot so seriously

-no ghost dad

...Nah.

Sera was... okay. She wasn't the worst character ever, I could tolerate her... but I found her a bit annoying. I don't think catgirls would fit in the Sonidom, and I'd be okay if she was a bit more mature, but then OH NO THAT DESTWOYS DA CHAWACTA FFFFFFFF, so maybe it's best to just let her lie. I just found her as nothing more as a troublesome piece of lust-fuel for Sonic and Robotnik. ...And Tails. ......Maybe even Knuckles too. Wow. And people think Rouge is bad.

Then again I'm the guy that can't stand Amy's blind fangirlism but doesn't mind Marine's butchering of the Austrailian language, so I'm probably not one to talk.

Besides, the villain falling in love? That's Bowser who does that. Not Robotnik. Robotnik's better than that. He slaps the very concept of pairings in the face. He's sharing his own ego too much to be settling down with silly n00b girls. He doesn't have time for petty "love". He's too busy loving himself.

Metaphorically of course. I don't mean he paints Nega's moustache brown.

So yeah, I'd rather not see Sera.

But Old Man Owl? F*** YES. That guy was a badass. More power to Old Man Owl!

Back before the forums crashed and a lot of content was lost, I wrote a big thing about how Sonic '06 could have easily been the OVA with gameplay and plot tweaks. I won't get into it too much, but here were a few things I remember mentioning:

-both were titled 'Sonic the Hedgehog' :-/ No change needed there

-Sara could easily replace Elise, it would make the Eggman kidnapping scenes much more fun

-Toss in Old Man Owl as the tutorial NPC

-scrap Silver, bring in Metal Sonic (no super mecha Sonic Heroes mode, just classic Metal)

-have Blaze fill the role of Silver

-don't take the plot so seriously

-no ghost dad

And instead of fighting Solaris, we fight a super-powered Metal Robotnik?

Sounds good to me.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sara could work as a cameo. I wouldn't mind that actually. Old Man Owl could be Mayor Regis FTW!

...b-but just how exactly would we explain Sabrina, Lord Regis' very human teenage daughter?

On second thought, I don't want to know.

On topic: Cameos are a bit meh. Sure they appease the fans of that character, but they also have to be considered as canonically being there which would once again make things messy.

Edited by HunterTSF

...b-but just how exactly would we explain Sabrina, Lord Regis' very human teenage daughter?

On second thought, I don't want to know.

She's adopted.