Awoo.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Patticus

First, we don't know the exact amount of time that has passed. Sure we've heard 100 years but I'd take that with a grain of salt. Second, real world logic might not = Zelda game world logic. Maybe people live longer in Zelda games, or maybe Niko found the fountain of youth, or maybe he ate right and exercised, or maybe he just so happens to be one of those freaky people who live to be 120 years old.

Edited by speedfreak

Second, real world logic might not = Zelda game world logic.

This is a very important point for anyone interested in the timeline to keep in mind.

Geographical change and Ritos for example.

God I hope there are Ritos in this game T_T They were an awesome race and I'd like to see more of them. Minish too (but that's not likely....)

Yeah, the whole Zoras turning into Ritos thing was ridiculous and awesome at the same type. I'm hoping for the Goron Merchants myself.

ONM has answered some questions about the game.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=13252

The two biggest things I picked up on were that this is the darkest in tone of all the "Toon Link" games and that there are other returning characters from both WW and PH other then Niko, Link, or Zelda.

Edited by speedfreak

Liking the sound of the dark tone. Apparently they said it's the best plot since MM... which I find very hard to believe, but it should be interesting to see nonetheless.

However they also said it has as much sidequests as PH (at another point they said there were LOADS) - PH was very weak on the sidequests. Not even a trade sequence!!

This fact alone tells me they're going to greatly exaggerate everything. Don't expect a dark story or (EDIT – Inflammatory -T)loads of fanservice, because it's probably just exaggerated. ONM style.

Edited by SuperLink

Liking the sound of the dark tone. Apparently they said it's the best plot since MM... which I find very hard to believe, but it should be interesting to see nonetheless.

However they also said it has as much sidequests as PH (at another point they said there were LOADS) - PH was very weak on the sidequests. Not even a trade sequence!!

This fact alone tells me they're going to greatly exaggerate everything. Don't expect a dark story or (EDIT – Inflammatory -T)loads of fanservice, because it's probably just exaggerated. ONM style.

:mellow:  But...Phantom Hourglass did have a trading sequence, although it was a small quest overall. At the end of the trading sequence you got the Hurricane Spin(I love this move   :) ), just as you collected 10 Knights crest in "The Wind Waker" to also achieve =\

:mellow:  But...Phantom Hourglass did have a trading sequence, although it was a small quest overall. At the end of the trading sequence you got the Hurricane Spin(I love this move   :) ), just as you collected 10 Knights crest in "The Wind Waker" to also achieve =\

Really? o.o I barely even remember it... Also I don't count the Crests in WW as trade sequence, it's more like a collectathon to me.

The trading sequences in OoT and the Oracle games were huuuuuuge!

Edited by SuperLink

Really? o.o I barely even remember it... Also I don't count the Crests in WW as trade sequence, it's more like a collectathon to me.

The trading sequences in OoT and the Oracle games were huuuuuuge!

I know, I was just saying that you also got the Hurricane Spin in the Wind Waker and In Phantom Hourglass. And the trading sequence in Seasons wasn't mandatory to upgrade your sword,  but it was IN Ages being that you have to repair a broken sword at the end of the quest. 

Edited by Jetronic

I don't even like sidequests for the prospect of getting amazing items really, I just want good sidequests. They're a lot of fun and they often give you nice NPC character development (case in point: MM)

Good sidequests are worth doing because they add to the game experience

Bad sidequests are only word doing if you get powerful items from them

Well I assumed there would only be 5 dungeons when I heard of the four chains connecting to the tower. Each chain leads in the direction of another dungeon and then there is the main tower. Five is okay though since the tower is bound to be massive and they did mention mini-dungeons. As long as the other 4 dungeons are well designed I'm cool with it.

I still don't like the fact that we aren't really getting an overworld again though. The train might as well still be the boat since we still can't get out to explore freely at any time.

If anyone will complain about having only 5 dungeons in this game, remember that MM had 4.

The dungeons were far from being the real meat of MM though.

If anyone will complain about having only 5 dungeons in this game, remember that MM had 4.

I complained about that too though. All the side quests were great and MM did have s few mini-dungeons, but I would have liked for there to have been at least one more. I thought the moon was going to be a cool final dungeon but it was pretty lame.

*Looks around, checks posts, checks twice*

Ok, 

(Link here to the left)

As in Phantom Hourglass, it's shown in slide shows.  You won't see much, just tiny, tiny, tiny talk on this "Demon King" in the game.

For the sidequest issue, I was just playing Phantom Hourglass yesterday. Before playing I would agree with you about lack of sidequest.

After playing though I forgot just how many side quest Phantom Hourglass had. Seriously, they are all over the place. There are literally multiple quests per island, most of them fun and unique, whole islands dedicated to side quest and minigames. They were a blast to replay, how could I forget about them?

whole islands dedicated to side quest and minigames. They were a blast to replay, how could I forget about them?

I personally thought the Gossip Stone minigames were really weak.

I personally thought the Gossip Stone minigames were really weak.

I was thought they were a good diversion, I had fun with the shovel one, but I mean more some of the things you do on the islands. The game was honestly more fun than I remembered it being.

Other than the (lame) music and lack of fanservice I really didn't have too big a problem with it. I actually really wanted to play through it again recently, but there are only 2 files (one is my brother's) and I don't want to erase my file just to start again...

Edited by SuperLink

Majora's Mask was more about characterization and symbolism that it's actual gameplay, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Uk Commercial #1  

and  Commercial #2

Also, does anyone see the train going underwater? Think this Link is taking a trip to sunken Hyrule as well? 

And Now I wait patiently for this game to be available at my local game store =3. Alright I'm going to sleep now, gotta catch a train in the morning D=

Is...

Is that the Phantom Sword...?

Because he has a purple sword, and the only purple swords are the Master Sword, the original Minish Blade you never used, and the Phantom Sword.

So if it takes place after PH, then either Gannon is back, it's a prequel to Minish Cap, or that is the Phantom Sword.

EDIT: Or of course it could be a NEW sword. I dunno.

EDIT2: Doesn't look like the Master Sword. The handle and stuff looks like it's shaped differently.

Edited by Nathan Speed

Makes perfect sense for it to be the Phantom Sword, I was actually expecting it and it'll help to prove my theory that Nintendo are working on a Trilogy based around the Phantoms.

Now I have very little doubt xP

Actually, when pressing pause randomly during the part where he swings it, the hilt looks different than ANY other LoZ sword I have EVER seen so chances are it's new.