Awoo.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Patticus

I like Ganon too, but there's only so much resurrection of a great evil king one series can take... Zelda Wii is a different Link, you can tell because his hair looks different and he's right handed rather than left handed. Personally I hope it's not Ganon in that, I want Nintendo to show that they can still make fantastic Zelda villains. Zant wasn't so great imo, and before that was Vaati, an awesome villain... created by Capcom.

Speaking of which, the Four Swords games (including Minish Cap) are a trilogy. As the last in the series, FSA leads us to believe that Ganon was a sort of mastermind behind the whole series, although he has little to no mention in FS and MC.

As for Spirit Tracks... I do think the antagonist will be Ganon. Better revive Ganon for the trillionth time than a failantagonist like Bellum.

PS. - I was wondering what to use as my post-Halloween avatar. This will do great!! :D

I was a bit cautious before but now I'm fully interested in this game. The storyline is also very original and I hope Ganon is in this one.

*looks at art*Awwwwww!

*watches trailer*DWAWWWWWWWW!

Cutest.Zelda.EVER!

Yes, the game's not even out yet and I'm already thinking she could turn out to be my favourite Zelda of the series! The way things are looking she'll get a lot of character development too. Finally a Zelda game where the titular character is actually a big focus!

Edited by SuperLink

As for Spirit Tracks... I do think the antagonist will be Ganon. Better revive Ganon for the trillionth time than a failantagonist like Bellum.

Oh yeah, it was called Bellum. :lol: That villain sucked so hard I didn't even remember it's name. I seem to think the opposite of you though. I feel Ganon returning in Zelda Wii is likely while Ganon returning in ST seems unlikely. Either way I hope he shows up in at least one of them. Even if he plays second fiddle to someone else for a change.

Also Ganon being resurrected is because he has the Triforce of Power, right? It will always bring him back I thought. Except in WW because the Master Sword is nullifying the resurrection presumably.

Well whatever. I'll miss him if he doesn't show up, but I'll be happy as long as the villains who replace him can fill his shoes properly.

Oh yeah, it was called Bellum. :lol: That villain sucked so hard I didn't even remember it's name.

The only reason I remember it is because I've been in Zelda mode lately, playing Phantom Hourglass and having a huge reading session on the Zelda Wiki.

He really is one of the worst and most bland villains in gaming history.

I didn't have much interest in this game at first. But when I saw the newest trailer, I am starting to consider buying this game!

Oh and did anyone else but me burst out laughing in the trailer when Zelda saw that mouse?

I know I did.

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor

Not complaining or anything, I always love a new Zelda game. But hasn't the ability to possess and control objects been used as a gimmick in this series before? It seems like Zelda will work like a Command Melody or Hyoi Pear from Wind Waker, and Navi sprite simultaneously. Should be interesting to work with stylus controls though.

But hasn't the ability to possess and control objects been used as a gimmick in this series before?

Yep. It's used quite a lot in Wind Waker, and there's the Rod of Dominion in Twilight Princess too.

Also you can control other characters for brief periods of time in Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass.

So it's not really a new gimmick. This game's gimmick is the trains!

Ganondorf is a train.

spirittracksscreen.jpg

Yoink.

...I thought it was as bad as it could get when I saw the evil train...but now that I've seen a still and put together the dots...uuugggghhhh. >_> That's just lame. Unless this game does some serious Zelda challenge (The exact opposite of Phantom Hourglass), its looking more and more like it will be a disaster.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

New instrument revealed!

That's right, for the first time since Wind Waker (I'm ignoring the awful howling here), there will be an important instrument (The Spirit Pipes) with which you play to perform various actions. You use combinations of the touch screen and microphone to play different stuff, sounds fun! I wonder what it will look like.

It's already good to see Spirit Tracks will be making better use of the DS than PH did. It's sounding better and better all the time!

^ You never had to scream in PH. It says to scream, but you can just blow into the mic.

Blowing into the mic barely worked as he still asked for ridiculous prices out of my range.

Blowing into the mic barely worked as he still asked for ridiculous prices out of my range.

Snapping your fingers works too, I always got my price close to 50 rupees. :)

I'm really looking forward to this a hell of a lot more than I did for phantom hourglass, being that there seems to be some actual life in this game, minus the somewhat dead-ghost girl princess.

Also, Link has a friggin whip...need I say more?

D'aww. Even Ganon the Tank Engine is sort of cute in a creepy way. Reminds me a bit of Onox's armour from Oracle of Seasons... wait. Are those eyeballs?

I never ended up buying Phantom Hourglass, partly because it was a sequel to Wind Waker- I never owned a Gamecube, and I hate playing sequels first, even if they're not very connected. Unless some major flaws surface on release, though, Spirit Tracks will definitely be a purchase. Zelda sort of doing something, trains (which I was totally obsessed with as a kid, so extra nostalgia points there), a bit of variety in the setting... looks like a keeper to me.

Edited by Octarine

Well I read at Gonintendo that the new Nintendo Power confirms Ganon isn't the one who needs Zelda's body. Kind of a bummer seeing as I'm a big Ganon fan. Here's hoping whoever does need Zelda's body is an interesting villain, and nothing like Bellum. : < Here's also hoping that this ups the chances for Ganon in Zelda Wii. ; )