Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

Right now, this is an official commission that comic artist Alex Ross was asked to do for ADV in the mid 2000's.

These are the titular characters of the 1972-1974 Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, the "ancestors" of every major sentai series, including Sailor Moon, Super Sentai, Tokyo Mew Mew and Power Rangers.

It's fitting that Ross drew them in a comic book style for each volume, as he loved the first edited version (Battle of the Planets). It's also appropriate because the original creator, Tatsuo Yoshida and his brothers became interested in drawing stories when he and his brothers were given American comic books by a US soldier after WWII. You might know Yoshida as the creator of Speed Racer and the original Android Casshern.

• 2 weeks later...

Previous avatar was Mallow from the upcoming Pokémon Sun and Moon, previous signature was Sonic and Knuckles as seen in Sonic: Mega Drive #1 by Tyson Hesse.

Current set is a combo from the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga by Toshihiro Ono, which happens to be one of my favorite Pokémon-related media. I've been on a real nostalgic kick with Pokémon recently, so I wanted to represent something that I grew up enjoying and still find enjoyable. Pikachu comes from the cover of the first issue of the fourth volume of the manga ("Surf's Up, Pikachu"). I had downloaded the Japanese raws for this recently, but was surprised this image wasn't included in the Japanese tankoubon for that chapter, so I scanned it from an issue I have in my personal collection (when Viz released these as monthly comics) and cleaned it up a bit. The sig image is Ash's cap and a Pokéball from the final page of the same volume.

Welp I went ahead and with a Tyler Sisters theme again because they're some of my favorite characters in Yugioh Arc V.  I dunno why I just feel like using them for something and here they are.

I wish they weren't put on a bus they need to be the heroes of Fusion

My avatar, as you  can guess, is Ancient Egyptian goddess Bastet as seen in Puzzle And Dragons, she is going to be my theme set from now on, I am Pink no more.

My sig is a insightful quote from a famous actor and a link to my Twitter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Decided to ring in Autumn with my October combo, celebrating both Halloween and the fact that I'm in the middle of a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon replay! Avatar is from one of the game's renders depicting Luigi surprising a Hider ghost (Always liked how most of the art for this game looked. Very claymation-y.) and member title is quite obviously a Ghostbusters reference. Coincidentally, Super Mario Adventures is also FINALLY seeing a reprint in October, meaning that my choice of a Luigi avatar was wise in more ways than one. :lol: 

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope this avatar is not too morbid, if you zoom in on it. This is the dead remains of Imhotep in the original 1932 incarnation of The Mummy.

14492467_1193405864048822_15793785656531

Signature is just from the intro to All-Stars Racing Transformed. (And I kept the links to my other profiles.)

Halloween is coming up, so I decided to change my profile picture to something in the spirit of the holiday. Its an image of the Frenzy Wisp from Sonic Colors with a swirly pattern background.

He was once a normal, happy Wisp. But since Dr. Eggman drained him of his life force, he has mutated into the form we see today and feels compelled to devour everything in sight to satiate his desire for life-sustaining energy. Nothing he eats makes him feel any fuller though... :(

Oh that's right, I changed my avatar for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago. Just a crop of the Sonic Universe #93 variant, drunk happy reptiles enjoying each other's company is my aesthetic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, as some people might know from my constant complaining, I've been having issues with my avatars lately which can be read in another topic. In the meantime however, @Galabance worked some magic to take an image I wanted to use, and fix it in a way that doesn't come out as pixelated shit, and even added a little something to it.

Yep, for the month of Halloween, I've decided to rep the one character you'd think it'd have been obvious for me to rep, and yet I never did. ITS THE GODDAMN BATMAN. Why you ask? If you were in Gotham, you'd already know the answer to that question, but what's scarier than a pissed off Batman cracking his knuckles at you? Also managed to add a snazzy Batman GIF into my signature without any hassle so there's that too.

Original image is from my favourite piece of Batman art from New 52's Zero Year arc: 

GRPp1gR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I seem to be in quite the Egyptian mood.

My avatar is the god of mummification and funerals. The guardian of the dead, Anubis. At least how The Kane Chronicles books by Rick Riordan imagine him. 

Makes me wonder if he's seen any movies that have twisted him around.

#JojoWeek is starting next week on Toonami, so I changed my avatar to the most appropriate character  for my current namesake.

Sorry Killer Queen

Since it's October, I decided to have this Witch Amy pic as my avatar. I might end up changing it sometime this month, though, lol.

Spoiler

image.png

Here's the full pic, just incase you wanted to see it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

With Halloween gone for another year, my November combo brightens things up with a Sunset Shimmer theme, celebrating Legend of Everfree hitting DVD and Blu-ray! Image is taken from my personal favorite scene from said movie while the member title is a reference to another matter of solar and lunar significance also hitting in November.

My avatar is a prototype design of Blaze the Cat set to a black background, which I think makes an interesting effect. I really like this one and will probably keep it for the foreseeable future.

I used to have George Reeves' portrayal of Clark Kent as my avatar ALL the time, but for a fairly long time I've taken a break from that and tried a variety of avatars. Variety is still fun, but...well, it's also kind of fun to have a somewhat consistent identity, one that feels somewhat unique to me since not many non-baby boomers seem to be all that interested in this particular take on Superman, lol. And ultimately, there's no one I'd rather be represented by than one of my favorite fictional characters of all time. He honestly means a lot to me and I kind of want everyone to know how much I love this extremely underrated actor/take on a character that no one else nowadays cares about (though the disadvantage is that nobody actually knows who he is just from looking at him...oh well, I guess his disguise is just too good xD). So, I think I'd like to stick with good ol' George Reeves again for a while.

So my previous one didn't last very long, and now I'm sticking with a funny Echo face from SU#91. Maybe it might be replaced with an avatar from The Next Level.

It's a screencap from the Panty and Stocking episode "Ghost: The Phantom of Daten City". I thought it looked cute, so I figured why not have it as my avatar?

Added Monokuma to it a while back since he's my favorite villain and all that.

It was a real pain to find a gif that would fit the size requirements...

Also updated the spoiler to include info on my current RP.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas combo time! Decided to go for a Nintendo theme this year in honor of the Switch's impending 2017 release. (Alongside a nod to the hype that I have for Nintendo-related holiday gifts in general.) Avatar is a slightly altered new holiday render that Ninty themselves made for their 2016 Gift Guide.