Awoo.

Sonic 4: Is Anyone Remotely Disappointed?

Greg the Fancat

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/benzaie/specials/16941-contest-sonic4-rant

Stumbled across this while watching Nostalgia Critic today. The rant starts around half way through.

That this smelly Frenchman is right only gives me more reason to bawwwwww.

(Brb, colouring all my green things with a black marker)

• Thumbs Up 1

He brings up some good points about the art style, but I still like it and I think it looks fine. In my opinion the use of prerendered stuff reminds me of the old games because the sprites were made to look 3D instead of flat 2D like Mario, plus wasn't Sonic 3 prerendered as well? I agree with the backgrounds so far though, the original games had much more inventive looking backgrounds, so far Sonic 4 has a pretty generic looking forest with cut n' pasted "green hills" as well, which is pretty lazy. It's still subject to change, however, but I won't be surprised if it stays the same.

I watched it and all i got from it was blah blah blah im french, i generaly hate things (not really what i heard) but i dont agree with him, and i dont see why people are so upset about how it looks, unless you want another Sonic 06 (horrible gameplay but character modles that dont look that bad) then something is wrong with you.

As for me i have no problem with it so far, im just waiting to see more of it before i decide, so i guess im not disappointed.

I watched it and all i got from it was blah blah blah im french, i generaly hate things (not really what i heard) but i dont agree with him, and i dont see why people are so upset about how it looks, unless you want another Sonic 06 (horrible gameplay but character modles that dont look that bad) then something is wrong with you.

As for me i have no problem with it so far, im just waiting to see more of it before i decide, so i guess im not disappointed.

But the models in 06 were ugly. Sans the high quality cutscenes.

But the models in 06 were ugly. Sans the high quality cutscenes.

Define quality. Surely you don't mean the script. :P

It works. But it's not that much better.

Really.

If SEGA does put in a feature like this, that's awesome, and I'd love to see it, but I really don't think it matters this much.

Also, they didn't redo the life icon? For shame. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol yea, I think it does look much better. And the guy who made that should get a standing ovation.

Not only does it look similair to the classics. It's actually better

I would friggin love that model as an option. It's not even a little bit cool. It's perfect. That is totally how I see it being implemented. It couldn't be any better.

Edited by Jaouad

His legs are still a little on the long side to look perfect. Besides that, it looks amazing. :3

really though, Sonics design is the leas of my worries,only that it IS the only worry I have besides the homing attack. So of course, like I said, I'm not really disapointed whatsoever. Color me HYPED.

Disappointed? The only thing that disappointed me concerning this game was the "Palmtree Panic" (as someone called it) last Tuesday. :P

Really, though, I can understand where people were thinking this game would be 100% classic (concerning Sonic's design, mostly) and that's why they are disappointed. I, on the other hand, didn't feel that it would be used since Sonic's classic design hadn't been used in 12 years. Still, many feel they were lied to, and I get that.

Still, I'm excited for this game. I can't say it looks fun, but I can't say it looks awful either (we've only seen 3 seconds of it)! I think I'll just sit back and wait for more information. :)

Edited by BlazingTales

still3.png

Seriously, is that an improvement?

Because it looks exactly the same to me =/

(and if you notice my previous posts you will see I praised the tweaker's mix and chimpo's edited screen, so no, i'm not a modern fanboy)

EDIT: I just noticed Boxer Hockey's Sonic has green eyes :o

Edited by imarafan

(Brb, colouring all my green things with a black marker)

sonicblackcopy.png

Well now it looks even more bland. >=(

Yes, I know how sloppy that looks. Only took me about 5 minutes.

But seriously, I don't have any problems with how this game looks. The graphics look like a Sonic version of New Super Mario Bros Wii (in HD), which is exactly what I expected (and wanted) this game to look like.

• Thumbs Up 3

sonicblackcopy.png

Well now it looks even more bland. >=(

Yes, I know how sloppy that looks. Only took me about 5 minutes.

But seriously, I don't have any problems with how this game looks. The graphics look like a Sonic version of New Super Mario Bros Wii (in HD), which is exactly what I expected (and wanted) this game to look like.

+1

I lol'd.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, is that an improvement?

Because it looks exactly the same to me =/

(and if you notice my previous posts you will see I praised the tweaker's mix and chimpo's edited screen, so no, i'm not a modern fanboy)

EDIT: I just noticed Boxer Hockey's Sonic has green eyes :o

So tell me, what's more to change to make it a "real improvement".

So tell me, what's more to change to make it a "real improvement".

You're under the false assumption that it needs one.

• Thumbs Up 3

sonicblackcopy.png

THERE'S STILL SOME GREEN AROUND THE LIFE MARKER!!

SONIC 4 IS RUINED FOREEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!1!!eleven!

• Thumbs Up 2

You're under the false assumption that it needs one.

No i'm fine with that picture I posted. I was just asking in the sense of, does it really need more?

still3.png

I'll just leave this here

Looks ugly, and makes me even more GRATEFUL for "current" Sonic in this game.

Hell, after looking at that pic, screw my comment about Sonic's quills; I just wish Eggman looked like his Genesis counterpart for the sake of consistency.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, here's for comparing.

sonic4ep1_003.jpg

How I missed you, "current" Sonic.

I'm sorry classic fans, but that just looks more natural to me.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1