Awoo.

Should other characters show up?

Diogenes

It'd be really neat if this was strictly just Sonic and Eggman, but if they have any other characters I think I'd like to see Metal Sonic, or some new version of him to appear in this game as a boss or at least some sort of side villain. There hasn't been a REAL Metal Sonic battle in ages, I'd love to see them race again, and perhaps physicall battle.

Considering how Tails was playable in Sonic 2 and 3, it wouldn't make much sense if he wasn't playable in at least episode 2. As for Knuckles, he would need to have a damn good excuse to leave the floating island to be playable in this game. As for other characters like Amy and Nack the Weasel, I would love to see them in the game but I doubt either of them would be playable. That, and Nack's chances of getting into the game are about a possible as the return of Ray the Squirrel. >_> In other words, I highly doubt it would ever happen.

Honestly I could careless about the knuckles never leaving angel island thing. They could work around it, they have before. He is a treasure hunter after all he has to go find treasure sometimes

Edited by Bubonic Bunny

I would love to see tails follow sonic...in 3d!(2.5D). Knuckles is a no go because he stays on angel island.

I don't remember who it was, but I have a vague feeling it was here, but someone said we could have these characters appearing in hubs or something. I wouldn't mind that.

Even though the game is based on the classics, I think the only non-Classic character who can actually show up in this game with no problems (other than a fan riot) would be Rouge and the Chaotix.

Tails is practically a shoe-in. He's been in virtually every game along side Sonic, and is practically the only character out of Sonic and Eggman who can actually be in with no problem. His sidekick status is really the only thing that gives him this kind of leverage over every other character.

Amy is a trivial one. Some people like her, others don't, but she's not exactly the one to be asked to be in this game. At least not all the time. She's second to Tails when it comes to appearing for the hell of it. She chases Sonic everywhere he goes, and sometimes she bumps into him coincidentally.

Since this game is suppose to take place after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I don't think Knuckles is likely to appear. And honestly, unless there is some simple explanation as to why he is around instead of guarding the Master Emerald like he was suppose to in the Sonic 3 & Knuckles (since the Master Emerald is returned to it's place, so it would be a problem if he were to carry it with him just to help Sonic save the world, especially when Tails is usually enough help for Sonic in the classics), I would rather not have him get any sort of role. Even if there was not much of a plot in the classics, there is some form of explanation that goes along with them.

Metal Sonic is a big one, and honestly I think he deserves this. Sonic has really only fought him twice throughout the series, so why not give the Metallic Blur the spotlight he hasn't been getting in so long. All that potential that has practically been ignored is something that should be tapped somewhat in this game.

Aside from that, I don't think, nor do I expect any other characters to show up.

I'd like to see Tails and Knuckles show up in cameo roles at some point but I can't say if I want that to be in episode one or two.

Even though the game is based on the classics, I think the only non-Classic character who can actually show up in this game with no problems (other than a fan riot) would be Rouge and the Chaotix.

Rouge can't show up I think. She was formally introduced to everyone in SA2, I don't think no one expressed ambiguosity over that.

Agreed on the Chaotix. Make Vector mumble if he should work out more and Espio commenting about the latest ninja movie.

Tails is pretty much there I think. Knuckles could show up at the beginning telling them bye or something, like the end of a recap. Amy could show up but I doubt it.

Edited by redmenace

Rouge can't show up I think. She was formally introduced to everyone in SA2, I don't think no one expressed ambiguosity over that.

There's nothing on her regarding her orgins or anything. She really just showed up in SA2 with no explanation.

I'm not saying she will or that she should, but given that there's nothing that says where she is from or any of her history besides her status as a treasure hunter and government spy, she doesn't have anything on her that could prevent her from showing up.

She could just be watching from the backgrounds without any of the other characters knowing. She is a spy after all.

Makes no sense there using Post Aventure Sonic model in a pre sonic game taking place after Sonic 3. God damn, might as well bring in Shadow or someone new because they've already screwed up the continuity. Unless they explain Sonic suddenly turned teenager in 5 years in this one and his current adventure is before Adventure.

• Bad Quality Post 2

I can see some of the others showing up in one of the later episodes (do we know how many there are going to be? Or even a rough estimate?)

For example, if there were to be four episodes, you'd have Sonic only in the first, Sonic and Tails in the second, Sonic and Knuckles in the third and Sonic and Amy in the fourth.

A Sonic-esque enemy is likely considering there's been either something designed to emulate or rival Sonic in all of the Megadrive games. Sonic 1 had that blue/red enemy that rolled down hills after you, Sonic 2, CD and 3/Knuckles are obvious.

Arms and Nipples the Enchilada. :3

No but really, I'm expecting Tails following Sonic, and maybe playable. But I also imagine Knuckles staying on Angel Island, so I don't believe he'd be playable or anything. But that's one big if, since we don't know what the storyline holds in store.

Obviously he paid Eggman to perform a very special surgical procedure on him. This is where Rouge the Bat comes from.

Species and sex? That is special!

For episode 1, I really am looking forward to playing Sonic only. By "Sonic only", I mean Sonic vs Eggman and no other characters via playable, npc, cameo, or otherwise. Other Sonic only games still had cameos that only serve to annoy me. However for episode 2, I would like to see Amy and Knuckles to be playable. And since Sonic is using his modern design, I to would expect to see them in their modern attire and with their non black eye.