Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2 VS 360/PS3

PSI Wind

I can't agree with "bad sound". The music is great, it reminds me of Sa, Sa2, SH and Shth. I LOVE rock and i like Jun Senoue's guitar. Also, Crush 40 sound A LOT better, than recently..(i mean, these remixes...). Well, i think, sound and music are very good.

Voice acting is pretty good by the way. And it is A LOT better than this crap in unleashed.

Can't say it is good review. Sorry about that.

I can't agree with "bad sound". The music is great, it reminds me of Sa, Sa2, SH and Shth. I LOVE rock and i like Jun Senoue's guitar. Also, Crush 40 sound A LOT better, than recently..(i mean, these remixes...). Well, i think, sound and music are very good.

Voice acting is pretty good by the way. And it is A LOT better than this crap in unleashed.

Can't say it is good review. Sorry about that.

You could try reading it. You and I may differ on the music, that's subjective. Good music =/= Good game. And disagreeing on music is hardly a basis to debunk a review.

I really thought it was fantastic sound-wise. There were a few songs I didn't like, but it was backed up by some amazing stuff. Live Life, With Me and Dragon Slayer are three that spring to mind right now as being really good. And the first part of The Dark Queen was, IMO, the most powerful emotional piece the series has ever had.

The majority of the stage/cutscene music was fantastic. Most of the fight music, though, was jarring and terrible alongside the rest of the game's music. I really don't like the song that plays whenever you fight a Knight of the Round Table. (For the record, there were very few songs I liked in Shadow's game. Actually I can only think of one - Lava Shelter. So I don't really think the two games are that similar music-wise)

Edited by sock fox

I'm curious as to why a number system exists then, if its only purpose is to confuse readers.

Also, I quite liked this bit:

Anyway, TSS' review is online. I'll do the honours:

Premise: Thumbs Up

Presentation: Thumbs Up

Sound: Thumbs Down

Gameplay: Thumbs Down

Longevity: Thumbs Down

http://sonicstadium.org/article/review/son...he-black-knight

Sound is some of my favorite in a Sonic game

you get used to gameplay(I always flick the wiimote down and no lag and works. And you can dodge enemys, just use the buzzsaw move :P.)

Longevity, is 50-50.

thats my opinion.

Also, there's no need to put down a grade for multiplayer. This game was used more as a single player. Multiplayer is OPTIONAL!

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Personally the music is of good quality, but it's not memorable and only a couple of tracks actually shout out to me like almost the whole Unleashed soundtrack did. I do really like Knight of the Wind though.

Some things I disagree with: I don't necessarily like the shorter stages. Some of Secret Rings' stages were really epic, and although it's good that the more tedious missions are shorter, I like longer "Get to the Goal" stages. Only problem is the huge amount of fighting. I can agree that defeating huge amounts of enemies leaves you arms very tired... and it's annoying. QTEs are a pain in the arse too. Best way to defeat the Knights? Waggle and hope you win. Generally minus the sword (a big part in the game...) I think the controls have improved from Secret Rings, which is a good thing right? I honestly hope they just work on Sonic's own controls for the hypothetical next title in the storybook series.

Playing the multiplayer with my bro was a good laugh though, it's easily better than Secret Rings' awful Mario Party wannabe, even if it's still very shallow.

Edited by SuperLink

I can agree that defeating huge amounts of enemies leaves you arms very tired... and it's annoying.

There's no reason to get your whole arm involved, y'know. A quick flick of the wrist is enough. ;)

Flicking my wrist around still makes it ache when lots of it is involved. ;)

On the plus side, girls who play this will finally be able to experience a feeling similar to wankers cramp. That's still not really a plus side is it..? Nah, the sword was a bad idea.

Flicking my wrist around still makes it ache when lots of it is involved. ;)

On the plus side, girls who play this will finally be able to experience a feeling similar to wankers cramp. That's still not really a plus side is it..? Nah, the sword was a bad idea.

I can't believe you just said that :blink:

I just jumped over all the enemies after a while. There wasn't much incentive for fighting them anyway. Not that that's a good thing either.

Yeah Dread, I agree with everything but the voice acting. I feel like Jason is actually TRYING now. He was acting with much enthusiasm for Sonic, and Shadow sounded like how he always does. Most of the fans I hear from, even that never liked Jason are giving him props in this game. Everyone's been saying the voice acting was pretty solid in this one.

That's just one thingy I disagree with. And disagreement with some sound does not make your review bad as you pointed out. All the gameplay points are all right. Didn't even know about legacy mode, so I need to try that now! Thanks for the tip there.

I can't believe you just said that :blink:

Yeah sorry, I randomly thought of it and in the end I couldn't resist. Especially since I'd just been watching YuGiOh Abridged. "Wankers cramp, the worst disease a Brit can get".

Yeah sorry, I randomly thought of it and in the end I couldn't resist. Especially since I'd just been watching YuGiOh Abridged. "Wankers cramp, the worst disease a Brit can get".

And that's why I'll never see this game's gameplay the same way again...

Just to let you guys know where I'm coming from on the sound;

It wasn't anything super-terrible, like I said. It's just mostly forgettable. Crush 40 have been on a bit of a downslump since What I'm Made Of, their last great song (and even then 'Sonic Heroes' was a bit wet). Live Life is truly great though. With Me is just... well, I'll just say that it's no longer 2005 and "Bring Me To Life" has long since departed the music charts. It's almost as embarrassing as The Chosen One.

While the stage music itself isn't too bad, nothing really stands out. The only track I really felt the vibe of was 'Molten Mine' or whatever it's called. Listening to them on their own is much better, but while playing the game itself you barely notice it. The point of a soundtrack is to complement the action, if it doesn't do that it's not done a good job frankly. It almost felt like the inclusion of a million classic tracks was an attempt at compensating for that.

The voice acting - yeah, Jason is trying much more in this one I'll give you that, but because of that it sounds too 'extreeeem'. Every line Sonic says - particularly in the opening cutscenes - is like a suppressed yell. I think Jason was doing it better when he wasn't "trying" to be honest. Listen to Shadow when selecting him in the multiplayer and you'll think "That doesn't sound like Shadow". Jason's Sonic had more emotional and appropriate pitch in Secret Rings, honestly. "OH-I-GET-IT! DON'T... WORRY-I WILL SAVE YOOOU!". Quite.

Jason stunk of old cheese in Secret Rings... "The power of RAGE!" (FFFFUU)

Otherwise I pretty much completely agree. I like the music for Molten Mine, Knight's Passage and Great Megalith, but surprise surprise, I can't remember them right now. Actually I remember the Camelot town music, but it's not so great... I remembered Unleashed's music very quickly. I guess music is different for different people, but I'm very much a gaming music person, and when it comes to it the most memorable music is very often the best for me.

Didn't you like Never Turn Back? I thought that was awesome... Senoue has lost it some though I think. Heroes had a few really great tracks, but listen to Adventure 1, then listen to BK. It's really lost some charm.

I have a saying (doesn't really work all the time but still), If I can hum it, it's good!

And that's why I'll never see this game's gameplay the same way again...

*memories of the Wii's announcement and the reveal of the Wiimote/Nunchuck come flooding back*

I actually completely forgot about that...

Edited by SuperLink

With Me is just... well, I'll just say that it's no longer 2005 and "Bring Me To Life" has long since departed the music charts.

...I don't think it sounds even vaguely like that song. The only bit that's even close is the male voice saying "Face the day with me" after the chorus... but one line does not a song make. Biggest difference, though, is that Bring Me To Life is in minor, and With Me is major. That alone puts them at exact opposite ends of the scale, to my ears. I can't even listen to minor key songs, they just make me feel bad. XD

Honestly, what I'm reminded of the most by With Me is the soundtracks to 80's movies. The singing itself reminds me of Holding Out For A Hero more than anything.

Edited by sock fox

Sound is some of my favorite in a Sonic game

you get used to gameplay(I always flick the wiimote down and no lag and works. And you can dodge enemys, just use the buzzsaw move :P.)

Longevity, is 50-50.

thats my opinion.

Also, there's no need to put down a grade for multiplayer. This game was used more as a single player. Multiplayer is OPTIONAL!

Why? Multiplayer is part of the game, why should it be left out?

I just saw the GT reveiw. Damn I really think it was fair. And fairly funny at times. Best sonic review I've seen in a long time.

I’ve been playing the game for a bit and the more I play it the more I seem to like it. I’m taking points from the Games TM review in which they gave the game an 8/10 score, now I’m not sure the game is an 8/10 in my view its a 7/10 but then they have raised some points in there that I do agree with. What a lot of reviews have said that the games sword controls are broken well that’s only half right. GTM said that inexperienced hands would find themselves abruptly crashing into each enemy thus bringing Sonic to a stop. However they said that if you make controlled precisely timed swipes of the sword just before you run into an enemy you will slash right through them and keep running. I went back and rather then waggling the remote like a mad man I tried this out and after just one level I got the hang of it and I was having more fun with the game. The sword does take some getting used to but can be fun at times and I have to say it does look cool when you do a jump homing sword swipe and taking out a line of bad guys in the process.

They also said that the game succeeds in where other games have failed by providing a smooth-flowing yet challenging and exhilarating experience every Sonic fan craves by removing stuff like pointless exploration, fetch quests and gameplay that does not involve running. I agree with this point. Take Sonic Unleashed for example in that when you got Sonic you got Sonic but the game was broken down into pointless parts that felt tacked on at the last minute like running around towns trying to find sun and moon medals so you can hopefully unlock new levels and of course the werehog. In Black Knight what you got was Sonic and only Sonic doing what he does best and that’s running fast in a colourful world.

Overall I think its a great little game but yes sure I know a lot of people will hate it and that fine that’s your opinion and I respect that but from me I think after what Sonic Team have done is a very well made game which myself and a lot of other people thought would be another disaster but turns out to be a real surprise and fun game, not perfect but still a fun game. I’m not saying this as a fanboy as I am not a fanboy I gave that up years ago after I left high school, I’m saying this as a normal gamer who loves videogames.

Well, in my opinion, this game, while good in it's own right, it's hard to describe more than half of it without the word cluster fuck. When things really start to get intense, everything just seems to turn into a blur of motion that your mind just can't grasp onto and thus fades into your memory.

To best describe the gameplay, it'd be sloppy. While some challenges are well made and solid, others are just confusing and feel very unfair, especially for people who don't know what to do, and others are filled with obstacles that feel too hard to dodge while killing enemies at the same time.

The enemies themselves are quite good and are quite fast in the later games, the problem though, is that sometimes, you aren't. The one mistake that almost kills the swordplay is that using stationery attacks is incredibly delayed. And when you run into enemies, which believe me happens more than you think, you get a bit stunned, quickly you flail the remote to cut the enemies down....nothing happens, your waving and your waving until either Sonic's extra long animation finally slashes his sword, or the enemy hits you and you explode in a fit of rage!

Believe me the reviewers don't lie about the unresponsive controls. Not that bad when things are running smoothly, but later in the game, you will NEED more responsive controls to get but. And make them tighter while their at it.

I've never run into the "unresponsive controls" problem.

True, the missions can be super hard and unfair at times, but luckily, they're optional, and ultimately feasible. I finally beat all the missions in the game, and am now working at getting higher ranks.

I've never run into the unresponsive controls issue either. Granted, Sonic is stunned for a while when running into something.

Other than that, I've never had a problem with the controls.

My "favourite" moments of unresponsive controls is when you do these:

Homing attack + sword swing to plow through enemies

For me Sonic has a habit of not registering either the homing attack or the sword swing. In the former case he ends up doing a regular buzzsaw attack which can make you drop down straight into an enemy's own attack, in the latter case you just end up bouncing off the enemy over and over, dropping down by stopping pushing A usually results in them killing you.

Tapping A to do a small jump and Sonic dashes forward attacking because you somehow flicked the Wiimote in the process

Just generally annoying, especially during platforming missions where flawless, speedy navigation is required.

These happen to me far too often. One might say that I'm just doing it wrong, but surely after 10 hours + of play I should have worked out the timing by now? I mean I've managed to adapt to the glitches and mannerisms of 2006, so this has to be a result of randomness for it to still enjoy fucking up 50% of the time. D=

Funnily enough my brother has had problems with the sword attacking when he doesn't want it to, but I've never had that... and I complain about the controls way more than he does! Best example is Legacy stages. Accidentally using the buzzsaw on an egg pawn when you head towards them with Homing Attack, happens to my bro all the time; never happens to me...

I'd give the game a 7, probably. I think the biggest shame is that it essentially fixed all that was wrong with Secret Rings, but instead has an annoying sword and mediocre stage design.

Don't forget to add the score from Famitsu. They gave it a 26/40, which is an alright score. Better than IGN's atleast, urgh.

I think they gave SA2B a 6.9 because they'd already given SA2 a 7.5. Or something like that.

Anyway, I guess you can't love the classics and love this at the same time, if there really are no loops, as IGN says. Also, the sword doesn't read your swing with the wiimote, it just acts like you're pressing a button. On the other hand, I've seen lots of dynamic setpieces in the trailers, and I got the same button-pressing feel from Twilight Princess, sooo...I'm probably siding with NP on this one.

Not to be mean or show any signs of hate or anger at all, but what's with all the IGN hate? The Dreamcast versions of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 got an 8.9 and 9.4 respectively. Compared to those, most of the scores I agree with IGN except for Secret Rings.

Edited by Zanoh

Not to be mean or show any signs of hate or anger at all, but what's with all the IGN hate? The Dreamcast versions of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 got an 8.9 and 9.4 respectively. Compared to those, most of the scores I agree with IGN except for Secret Rings.

If you’re new to the community then I’ll explain it.

There is a massive rift/discontent that the gaming critics are biased against recent new age Sonic. IGN is the focus point of this discussion. Some people claim conspiracy, others that the claimers are crackpot, and it all leads to a great big headache for everyone.

Weather you align yourself with either side, it’s probably best that we not tread this ground just yet. Everyone should pretend that they saw nothing here. Seriously.

*Insert Men In Black Mind Wipe*

Edited by Sega DogTagz