Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2 VS 360/PS3

PSI Wind

You are completely entitled to your opinion, but you can't throw this bomb out there

Also, Soul Surge.

And not expect rabid rebuttal. The Soul Surge is nothing more than a gimmick representative of the Unleashed Gauge. They are practically the same thing.

When you call cheap in Unleashed, I call foul play when a lance trooper spawns an inch in front of my face and destroys my combo.

And I defy your logic that the Buzzsaw is not a win all move. There is NO enemy in the game immune to its effects. You can even take the Giant-Ones down with it if you time it right (or catch them off balance). Just as much as the Werehog could advance though combat with just the Y button, Sonic could slay any enemy with a well placed backflip followed by a buzzsaw.

Great, its starting to be like the Unleashed Review in the exact oppisite. Arguing with SSMB Members, not reviewers.

Great, its starting to be like the Unleashed Review in the exact oppisite. Arguing with SSMB Members, not reviewers.

Nope, this happened before; SSMB Members were arguing with each other about the reviews.

Does every topic have to turn into a debate of some sort?

Welcome to the purpose of a forum.

And after all this topic has "Discussion" in the name in it anyway so I guess that goes off as pretty self-explanatory.

Yeah, an arguement doesn't necessarily mean we're all getting angry with each other. We're just stating opinions and then stating what points of other people's opinions we don't agree with in particular. There's nothing wrong with debate, even if it's opinion-based and doesn't have a resolution, the point is to understand people's views and ideas about something better.

I'm not going to get this game because one of my friends on Xbox Live who is a huge Sega and Sonic fan told me last night that he got the game and said it sucked. He said the storyline is just as retarded as the Sonic Rivals storyline (we both like Sonic Rivals, but not the storyline), the gameplay gets tiring fast, and the controls are very irresponsive.

In other words, no Black Knight for me. Plus, I don't even play the Wii anymore (but I'll play it occasionally just for SSBB, SMG, or Metroid Prime 3).

• Bad Quality Post 1

I'm not going to get this game because one of my friends on Xbox Live who is a huge Sega and Sonic fan told me last night that he got the game and said it sucked. He said the storyline is just as retarded as the Sonic Rivals storyline (we both like Sonic Rivals, but not the storyline), the gameplay gets tiring fast, and the controls are very irresponsive.

In other words, no Black Knight for me. Plus, I don't even play the Wii anymore (but I'll play it occasionally just for SSBB, SMG, or Metroid Prime 3).

I think you should rent it. That guy is just stating his opinion. You might like it. Note that i am not saying you should buy it.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

GamesTM have awarded the game an 8/10, equal to MadWorld (reviewed in the same issue), better than Tom Clancy's Hawx (which would count for something if they were in the same genre).

Games TM have gave the game an 8/10 score? Well thats a surprise to tell the truth I was expecting a lower score from them, after all they did give Unleashed and Rush Adventure both 5/10 but 8/10 is good.

Now I await EDGE's review.

I don't believe it, as good as MadWorld? GamesTM must be crazy, either that or this really is the marmite of Sonic.

I should be getting it tomorrow or Wednesday.

after all they did give Unleashed and Rush Adventure both 5/10

This is what got my ire up. Pure insanity right there.

@Dark Otacon

I liked the story. For what it was it was somewhat refreshing. The cringe moments were still there, but they were overshadowed by superior writing and VA's by this series standards.

Edit: Seriously though, try to bum it off a friend for a day or two before even going out to rent it. Spending less money on it might make it a bit more bearable.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Screw Attack's "Out of the Box" on this game has been archived:

http://screwattack.com/OotB/SonicArchive

Out of the Box isn't a review show... usually.

About 25 minutes in, Craig says, "Here's my VGR on it right now: 'F it" (Their review scales is "Buy it"/"Rent it"/"'F it)

It's pretty funny. About 21 minutes in, Craig goes off on this game.

Games TM have gave the game an 8/10 score? Well thats a surprise to tell the truth I was expecting a lower score from them, after all they did give Unleashed and Rush Adventure both 5/10 but 8/10 is good.

Now I await EDGE's review.

8/10 may be good but as each new score rolls in (a 4/10 from Eurogamer, for example) they're looking increasingly insane.

8/10 may be good but as each new score rolls in (a 4/10 from Eurogamer, for example) they're looking increasingly insane.

May'be they just have a different view point. Did anyone consider that as a possibility?

I guess I should be glad that the recent Sonic offerings are at least just divisive, rather than making the majority of the fandom writhe in pain like Shadow and 06 apparently did.^_^;;

Don't be alarmed, but I've run across a few positive reviews. I know, it's scary.

3.5/5 from Hardcore Gamer Magazine

7.3/10 from Game Focus

Plus, the few positives from sources we already have posted:

8/10 From Nintendo Power

8/10 From gamesTM

78% From Official Nintendo Magazine

7/10 From GameDaily

The score is B-. 17/25 is his tally, but he doesn't take that percentage as the final score. 17/25 is 68%, which is obviously less than a B-.

I'm curious as to why a number system exists then, if its only purpose is to confuse readers.

Also, I quite liked this bit:

All the usual haters will trounce it hardily, and hardly play it...

...Playing as armored versions of Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze, and perhaps Silver (not sure yet)

Anyway, TSS' review is online. I'll do the honours:

Premise: Thumbs Up

Presentation: Thumbs Up

Sound: Thumbs Down

Gameplay: Thumbs Down

Longevity: Thumbs Down

http://sonicstadium.org/article/review/son...he-black-knight