Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2 VS 360/PS3

PSI Wind

You know, at this point I've given up on hoping for more from the Sonic franchise. It's pretty clear there's a big disconnect between what gamers want -- a true Sonic sequel without any of the gun-toting, hoverboard riding, lame character befriending that seems to muck up all of these games -- and what Sonic Team are consistently delivering.

No biggie. One less overzealous gaming reviewer for the folks here to complain at. Two birds with one stone. :lol:

I don't know, but something tells me that I'm probably not going to enjoy this game as much as I have other Sonic Titles. It looks like it has it's merits, but just missing something of it to hook me in. The plot seems to interest most folks here though, so that's something to really look into.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

This isn’t Sonic: ‘SatBK’ is a game staring Sonic, but there’s no way I can call it a true Sonic game. This is a title where a fast hedgehog uses his sword to slash through enemies. This game could have came out exactly the same with another character. I completely understand that SEGA isn’t going to give us Sonic the way he used to be. I don’t like that one bit, but I understand it. While this game is fun, it pales in comparison to any of Sonic’s classic Genesis titles.

From GoNintendo's review. They gave it a 6.9/10.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=75259

While this game is fun, it pales in comparison to any of Sonic’s classic Genesis titles.

HELLO CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

I love GoNintendo, but RMC has no idea how to review games. Apparently, the concept of a spin-off doesn't register with him.

Sonic Unleashed does justice for me. If they can concentrate on gameplay similar to Unleashed's day stages, alterring it slightly here and there, that could work well for the main series games, and they can concentrate in new styles in spinoffs, in order to see what works and what does not. Werehog probably wasn't all that necessary, but meh...

GoNintendo's review uses the classic "ClassicSonic" argument. Is the game having a story really a downside? Really?. Jesus Christ, I can't wait 'till someone tells these people that Super Paper Mario had a story, their heads will surely explode with the inconceivableness of it all!

Sonic Unleashed does justice for me. If they can concentrate on gameplay similar to Unleashed's day stages, alterring it slightly here and there, that could work well for the main series games, and they can concentrate in new styles in spinoffs, in order to see what works and what does not. Werehog probably wasn't all that necessary, but meh...

Werehog was a bit dull, but absolutely necessary. The day time stages of Sonic Unleashed simply weren't very eventful. Run, QTE, run, jump, run, QTE, run, fight an enemy, run, duck under a wall. That's it.

There was hardly any platforming, very few obstacles, very little exploration, not enough enemies, and too much "running forward".

I liked Unleashed, but just like Unleashed and Secret Rings, they're focusing too much on speed and not enough on the other things that made the Genesis classics great.

Sonic isn't about speed, it's about platforming, exploration, boss fights, and light puzzles...fast.

Well since I can't edit my post for some reason. Here's the blog of my review eariler. http://blogs.ign.com/yoshiunity/2009/03/10/114644/

For some reason. You can't edit reviews on ign, so I made a version with the spelling errors corrected.

Also, here's my Gamespot review. http://www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/soni....html?id=648974 Spelling error free. The only reason why the 8.5 is there, is because thy would let me put the 8.4 in. Also, screw scoring anyway.

Edited by YoshiUnity

This isn’t Sonic: ‘SatBK’ is a game staring Sonic, but there’s no way I can call it a true Sonic game. This is a title where a fast hedgehog uses his sword to slash through enemies. This game could have came out exactly the same with another character. I completely understand that SEGA isn’t going to give us Sonic the way he used to be. I don’t like that one bit, but I understand it. While this game is fun, it pales in comparison to any of Sonic’s classic Genesis titles.

From GoNintendo's review. They gave it a 6.9/10.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=75259

Well the guy is right, the game isn't a true Sonic game. That was what Unleashed was supposed to be. SATBK is a storybook spin off game starring Sonic and his friends. Thats the impression I got anyway.

How the hell could he be disappointed in SU, but find redemption in SBK?! Makes no damn sense to me. I'd rather a whole game of Werehog than the shittyness of SBK, and I didn't much like the Werehog. My God those missions where you had to give rings to the Ewoks were so fucking stupid and boring!

How the hell could he be disappointed in SU, but find redemption in SBK?! Makes no damn sense to me. I'd rather a whole game of Werehog than the shittyness of SBK, and I didn't much like the Werehog. My God those missions where you had to give rings to the Ewoks were so fucking stupid and boring!

^ Yeah. That is what I'm exactly thinking. The missions in Black Knight are worse than Unleashed...

But that is his opinion anyway, everyone has a different views on Black Knight and Unleashed. That's why these two games have mixed reviews at the end of the day.

Edited by Spicylicious

Because Black Knight sticks to one consistent gameplay style instead of trying to incorporate two completely different types (and failing in that regard). It also has none of the NPC/Town stages stuff from Unleashed and as well as not forcing you to reply the same stage over and over again.

GamesMaster magazine 58%

Picked up the new issue of GamesMaster magazine today and they've reviewed the game and given it a 58%. As I've mentioned before GamesRadar run GamesMaster magazine so the review is written exactly the same as GamesRadar's review. Normally the scores are the same too but for some reason they've put 58% in the mag and 6/10 on the site. I'll still try to get it scanned up when I can get near a scanner and post it up for everyone.

Um...Shadzter - if the review is the exact same as the one on the site, why bother scanning the review again? ^.^;;

Um...Shadzter - if the review is the exact same as the one on the site, why bother scanning the review again? ^.^;;

In-case anyone doesn't believe me XD

I've got to scan up their Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games preview anyways so I may aswell.

In-case anyone doesn't believe me XD

I've got to scan up their Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games preview anyways so I may aswell.

Well we believe you. You wouldn't? =P

I just started playing the game, expecting it to suck because of all the crap it's been getting, but I actually love it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for waggletastic combat, but I don't think I've had this much fun with a Sonic game in quite some time! Great sense of speed, with some great fast paced sword fighting. And as usual, a pretty damn awesome soundtrack, and some pretty graphics too. The story is pretty good as well. Caliburn is the best throw-away sidekick yet. Though it could do with a bit more regualr, old platforming...

I guess I'm the only one who likes it this much. Meh, different strokes for different folks.

I think it's strange that this was said to be worse than SatSR, and yet it seemed to have fixed many of the things GT complained about in the SatSR review.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

I think it's strange that this was said to be worse than SatSR, and yet it seemed to have fixed many of the things GT complained about in the SatSR.

You just can't please everyone, simple as that. Or in some case, anyone...

Edited by Soma Cruz

Gamespot, too. Everyone seems to already be complaining about IGN... now let the Gamespot bashing begin as well.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

Well, here's my personal review, and let me sum this up.

FUCK UNLEASHED. BLACK KNIGHT IS FUN.

Sure, it's seemingly short and the motion isn't fantastic, but screw it, it's still pretty damn fun. It's challenging at times without being cheap, the combat is interesting (what catches you off guard is that the enemies actually fight back properly), and please, the moment you get Caliver style, USE IT. It makes up for the responsiveness a lot.

And the graphics and music are awesome too, not much else needs to be said.

Honestly, IMO, Black Knight trumps both versions of Unleashed, despite its flaws, the good bits and its fun factor well more than make up for it. The first combat system in Sonic that isn't nothing but homing attacks and jumping on heads, and it actually WORKS. Fix up the control issues, and I bet you could make an awesome traditional-style Sonic game replacing the sword with spin attacks.

And for once, Caliburn isn't annoying. He makes witty comebacks to Sonic's remarks, and his voice isn't ear-gratingly bad either.

Right now, I've just unlocked the knights, and I'll see how they play tomorrow.

• Bad Quality Post 1

My love for all Sonic games has not been estinguished. Very short, finished it within 5 hours of purchase

(yes, the second half of the story as well)

, but had fun almost the whole time. I wish it could have had a bit more regular platforming, the platforming that was there was too often ruined by a cluttering of enemies during a precision jumping moment.

Best to think of this as VERY MUCH a spin-off, moreso than Secret Rings was, because the gameplay is very unique for a Sonic title. My only other dissapointment was that most of the features that sounded like core elements are just automated events (for example, firing the grappling hook and grinding on the rope).

I'm very disappointed in GamesMaster's review. They're the only gaming magazine I can trust with decent reviews...Yet they gave it 58%? Shadow the Hedgehog was hated with a passion by Team GM yet it scored even higher with 65%. Sonic 06 for the 360 scored 78%. I do hope GM haven't caught the Sonic hating bug.