Awoo.

Sonic Rumble Coming To Mobile This Winter, Closed Beta Running May 24 to 26th

Shiny Gems

Sonic Rumble, aka Sonic Toys Party, aka the worst kept secret in Sonic franchise history, has finally been officially revealed. A multiplayer 32 player mobile game, Sonic Rumble will be coming to both iOS and Android this winter, with a closed beta coming May 24-26, though it's only open to US players.

Check out the announcement trailer below:

Also, some screenshots taken from the game's official website:

Finally, we've taken some screenshots to highlight specific parts from the trailer:

Sonic Rumble was often described in leaks as a Fall Guys-like game, which certainly seems accurate. A few different gameplay modes have been confirmed, including a platform racing mode where players must race through an obstacle course, and a survival mode where players must avoid being knocked off an area by a Death Egg Robot as the area gradually shrinks. A multitude of Sonic characters are avilable, including the likes of the Chaotix, Jet the Hawk, Blaze, Silver, Big, Eggman, Shadow, the Sonic Forces avatar, and the core Sonic cast. Characters can be customized with the rings the player collects, with pirate outfits shown off for Sonic and Shadow in the trailer. 

The game is the first-ever collaboration between SEGA and Rovio, with the game's press release saying that the game is being developed, managed and released jointly between the two companies. Given that this game has likely been in development since long before SEGA's acquisition of Rovio, it seems likely the game was developed primarily by SEGA, with Rovio's involvement being a more recent development.

UPDATE: According to the leaker Midori, who has been an extremely reliable source for this game, Sonic Rumble was developed by SEGA's Division 4, with oversight from Sonic Team staff through Sonic Pillar. Beacon was used during the latter stages of the game's development after Rovio was acquired last summer. Beacon is basically a set of tools built for live service games.

You can apply for the game's closed beta via the website. Selection is on a first come, first serve basis, and only US residents are eligible. In order to participate in the beta, you either need an Apple device with iOS 11 or later, or an Android device with Android OS 8.0 or later, and at least 4GB of RAM. iOS users will also need TestFlight. The deadline to apply is May 19 at 11:59 PM (PDT).

Closed beta playtimes will be separated into multiple time slots.

Finally: the press release also came with clean version of the game's logo and one of its renders! Check them out below:

IMG_2116.jpeg.87208364ebbf17edd3b8037d83a07a42.jpeg

IMG_2117.png.60101aef80c9baa86eea92b6e6bb55e9.png

Sonic News Tips Credit:
Shiny Gems
Original Post Content:
Yep, the trailer for the Fall Guys like Sonic game has appeared. It looks pretty cool to me. Up to 32 people can play the game and it takes place in  a toy world created by Eggman himself. I wonder if the other characters are turned into toys. Anyway...let's get ready to rumbleeeeee

View full story

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Posted (edited)

Aww, they're so cute! I can't wait to play this!

Edited by Maple Syrup
Ehehehe. Fall Mobians.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Yoooo, Starlight Carnival? Final Rush? Bridge island? this is gonna be LIIIIIT

• Thumbs Up 1

If the conceit is that all of the characters are toys, does this invite the possibility of 'dead' characters like Infinite and Dr. Starline appearing as playable characters? I know the odds are, well, probably not great in getting either of those, but Sega has surprised us before and they are bound to do it again, although whether they do it in a good way or a bad way, we don't know yet, because then it wouldn't be a surprise.

As I said in the other topic, I do hope we get to see playable IDW/Prime characters in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

AWH I LOVE THIS ALREADY AND OMG DID I JUST SEE A SMASH REFERENCE!! THEY LOOK SO CUUUUUUTE. I love it. :celebrate:

• Thumbs Up 2

Rovio is confirmed to be involved with the game

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

29 minutes ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

AWH I LOVE THIS ALREADY AND OMG DID I JUST SEE A SMASH REFERENCE!! THEY LOOK SO CUUUUUUTE. I love it. :celebrate:

I immediately thought Smash when I saw the trophies as well.

This looks like fun. Can't wait till Winter!

Also: 

• Nice Smile 1

Neat that this one isn't apple arcade exclusive. I would like some way to experience these recent mobile titles on consoles, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

That lag is.... 😬. But I'm sure they'll have it fixed by launch. Hopefully.

Either way, I just felt the most raw rush of joy at seeing the pirate Sonic/Shadow designs. I'd love a game featuring the "swashbuckling duo" (SEGA's words, not mine!) in a game of their own, but I can settle for repeated cameos. 

2 minutes ago, cosmichaos said:

That lag is.... 😬. But I'm sure they'll have it fixed by launch. Hopefully.

Probably will vary by device too. Dream team, from what I've heard, has similar issues with older devices.

47 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

Rovio is confirmed to be involved with the game

Midori said a few days ago that this game is apparently running on Rovio's Beacon Engine, but that the dev team was Sega Division 4 (which looks to be the case judging by the beta footage).

Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow are back, great!!...

I'd love to play them in FORCES : SPEED BATTLE to discover their attacks!!...

Game looks fine for the most part, but yikes at that frame rate. You can't put together 45 seconds of gameplay footage that is running at a smooth frame rate?

• My Emmerdoods 1

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Vampire said:

Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow are back, great!!...

I'd love to play them in FORCES : SPEED BATTLE to discover their attacks!!...

Does this mean Sonic is taking orders from Shadow now? LOL

• Fist Bump 1

Posted (edited)

C'mon...you can post it bigger than that.

1715190769095908.thumb.jpg.460ddcbc1855d247aab8ca9208e071c6.jpg

Edited by SolidSurgeTT
Hey, even biggger!
  • Nice Smile 1

44 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I immediately thought Smash when I saw the trophies as well.

GLAD TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THAT LOL. 

3 minutes ago, SolidSurgeTT said:

1715187230669113.thumb.jpg.1dc598a73902852781914d62581b3445.jpg

OMg They Look adorable.. I JUST NOTICED JET OMG I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

image.png.e87bb1cf9e2965cbbb50faf782ca45b7.png

I can't waittt :squee:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

They're still trying to make Zavok happen, huh?

• Absolutely 2

1 minute ago, Salamander said:

They're still trying to make Zavok happen, huh?

I never liked the designs of the Deadly Six (Not just Zavok). They just stick out like a saw thumb compared to the rest of the cast!

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, SolidSurgeTT said:

1715187230669113.thumb.jpg.1dc598a73902852781914d62581b3445.jpg

Why did they did my boi like that? (Referring to Knuckles) 

Otherwise, they are so damn cute! Where's Cream tho?  Nevermind.

Edited by StreetSonic2022

1 minute ago, StreetSonic2022 said:

Why did they did my boi like that? (Referring to Knuckles) 

Never mind Knuckles, Look what they did to poor Tails!

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, StreetSonic2022 said:

Where's Cream tho?  Nevermind.

NO Really Where is Cream I bet she'd be ADORABLE

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Never mind Knuckles, Look what they did to poor Tails!

I know. Damn that Eggman for tripping Tails! Rude!

• Fist Bump 1

Posted (edited)

Here's another picture from the beta signup background. Amy's actually covered up by the site graphics on that page, you can only see her in the full picture.

visual.thumb.jpg.ce68c93f423bd99c7bde286ca5a29dca.jpg

Edited by SolidSurgeTT
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I know they wouldn't, but this is just BEGGING for toys-to-life integration. Come on. Look at those silly little figure mockups.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Love the final logo name Sonic Rumble they putted add actually look great see in action than previous logo along with weird name before begun show!

• Thumbs Up 1