Awoo.

Sonic Shower Thoughts

The DOMinator

Posted (edited)

I've seen these pop up on the internet from time to time, with there being enough of a presence to even warrant an r/Showerthoughts subreddit on, well, Reddit. For those unfamiliar with the term, Collins Dictionary best puts it as, "a sudden idea that occurs to a person during an unconnected mundane activity." An example of this would be when something just "hits" you, or you begin to contemplate something, while taking a shower. Therefore, a "shower" thought. I've had some Sonic related shower thoughts pop into my mind before, with a lot of my Sonic Stadium topics tending to be these. In fact, this topic was a shower thought in and of itself. So, as per the topic question, I was wondering what some of your Sonic shower thoughts were? They could be anything from headcanons, to sudden realizations of something you've never noticed before, etc. Any and all ideas. These thoughts could be either ones you've thought of in the past, and/or or any that you just thought of while reading this topic. Maybe even the next time you've had such an idea, you could jot it down here. And again, these don't necessarily had to have conjured up in your mind while in the shower, just anytime during your daily life. With that said, have at it!

Edited by The DOMinator

1. So Tails is friends with Sonic and Cream, who are a Hedgehog and a Rabbit, and Tails is a fox. Normally, Foxes LOVE rabbits and hedgehogs as food. Does Tails sometimes have the urge to eat his friends?
  2. Shadow is immortal, and therefore will exist when Silver is alive.  So is Silver related to Shadow in any way?  (oh wait it was confirmed not)
  3. Does Sonic play the video games starring him?

This recently occurred to me. The literal definition of monotreme pertains to their... well, to put it politely, posterior anatomy. The Sonic universe contains sentient echidnas and platypuses. How do they feel about their respective species being classified in such a manner?

(I am trying desperately not to give in to the temptation to make rude jokes on the subject.)

Looking into Knuckles' backstory (in the games universe), it's stated that he doesn't remember much of his childhood and that he doesn't remember how he got the position of Guardian of the Master Emerald.

Could someone or something have purposely erased his memories? If so, why?

I was just thinking: How can one make Knuckles' Chaotix Better, and more like an actual Cassic Sonic Game?

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 10:57 AM, Maple Syrup said:

So Tails is friends with Sonic and Cream, who are a Hedgehog and a Rabbit, and Tails is a fox. Normally, Foxes LOVE rabbits and hedgehogs as food. Does Tails sometimes have the urge to eat his friends?

On 5/7/2024 at 5:35 PM, Lorekitten said:

This recently occurred to me. The literal definition of monotreme pertains to their... well, to put it politely, posterior anatomy. The Sonic universe contains sentient echidnas and platypuses. How do they feel about their respective species being classified in such a manner?

(I am trying desperately not to give in to the temptation to make rude jokes on the subject.)

May I redirect you two to this video:

On 5/7/2024 at 10:57 AM, Maple Syrup said:
  1. Does Sonic play the video games starring him?

There was that Sonic Twitter Takeover (non-canon) where the games were acknowledged by the characters, so...

On 5/7/2024 at 5:35 PM, Lorekitten said:

platypuses. How do they feel about their respective species being classified in such a manner?

I haveve heard of things regarding echidnas, but not platypuses. Now I'm curious...

On 5/7/2024 at 11:02 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Looking into Knuckles' backstory (in the games universe), it's stated that he doesn't remember much of his childhood and that he doesn't remember how he got the position of Guardian of the Master Emerald.

That's actually something I have thought about in the past, as in Knuckles' backstory (his childhood, what happened to his parents, how'd he got chosen as guardian, etc), but never have I thought of the possibility of Knuckles having had his memories wiped. Isn't something similar to this brought up in the Fleetway comics (where Knuckles coexisted with his ancestors from the games)? If I recall, apparently he has amnesia of his past there as well.

2 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

I was just thinking: How can one make Knuckles' Chaotix Better, and more like an actual Cassic Sonic Game?

Probably just a bit more polish to make it decent, good even. Or perhaps it just needs a complete overhaul (kind of hard to tell when I haven't played it myself).

Also, now that I have a bit of free time in class, I figured now's as good of time as ever to post some shower thoughts of my own:

• What's the deal with there being anthros, realistic animals, and the critters (like Flickies)? This is something that always seems to get brought up in franchises where realistic animals and anthros  coexist, but like, what's the explanation behind it?
  • Does Sonic (and similar characters) have one giant eyeball with two pupils, or just two very close eyeballs?
  • How come Tails' tails don't rotate with his body when he's in his "ball form," and instead stay stagnant?
  • When Sonic (and other anthros) eats chili dogs (or something similar), what are the sausages themselves made of? I mean, they even rescue pigs on a common basis...
  • Where's the main cast's parents?
  • Where's Cream's dad?
  • How do anthros even have kids (weird question, I know)? The males have no visible, well, appendages...
  • Did Eggman ever pay the Chaotix when he took over the world in Sonic Forces, like what he promised in Heroes?
  • The mafia (or some equivalent) exist, as shown through Vector's dialogue in Free Riders. I wonder if he ever payed them back...
  • How do the characters see where they're going when they're in their ball forms?
  • Where do the rings go after being collected? This (or something similar) was brought up in Generations by the Tails-es, so it isachkknowlodged somewhat.
  • Why didn't Eggman just kill Sonic in his sleep, as per the plot of Sonic Labyrinth? I mean, it's obvious why such a thing would never happen, and I'm not on to condone violence in a family friendly game, but still...
    • He did make an attempt in the following Game Gear game, Sonic Blast, but somehow hit the Chaos Emerald in Sonic's hand, rather than the hedgehog himself. How do you manage to get such a precise shot, and not hit the main target?
  • What's the deal with the King Acorn statue in Sonic Underground (in universe)?
  • Is there even any concern at this point over Angel Island constantly dropping into the ocean? There are critters living on it, so they could drown... unless the island just doesn't sink. Would Angel Island even sink if left without the Master Emerald for long enough? If not, what's the point of even keeping it afloat at this point. It's not like no one knows that the Master Emerald is located there, so it's no longer a viable hiding spot.
  • Did Eggman kill the prisoners mentioned to be onboard the Death Egg before the (main) events of Sonic Forces? It's implied that they were kept there by Espio, but there fate is left unknown.
  • Does Eggman have blood on his hands?
  • How do mini plants like Little Planet and the Lost Hex exist, and how come they don't cause any catastrophic events despite being in earth's atmosphere?
  • With the existence of Mecha Sonic Mk2's and Neo Metal Sonic's super forms, the confirmed existence of Tails and Kn uckles' is super forms, and the possibility of Eggman going super, etc, can literally anything undergo a super transformation?
  • Are Sonic's spikes (and characters with similar traits) "hair" or are they actually part of his head/have bones within them, or something?
  • You know, those plants by Big's hut look suspiciously similar to a certain plant...
  • If it wasn't for Barry, Sonic would've actually died in The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • Are the ghosts found in some Sonic games actually spirits, or are they their own species?
  • Last time he appeared (canonically), Eggman Nega was retconned to being Eggman's future descendant. That means Eggman got together with someone in the future...
    • ...that is, unless Nega isn't actually human. I mean, Sage is considered Eggman's non biological daughter, and she's not human. She and Nega even share the same white hair color. Perhaps...
Edited by The DOMinator

29 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

Last time he appeared (canonically), Eggman Nega was retconned to being Eggman's future descendant. That means Eggman got together with someone in the future...

Eggman won back his wife! Good for him!

30 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

How do anthros even have kids (weird question, I know)? The males have no visible, well, appendages...

The men wear pants! Fur pants!

31 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

When Sonic (and other anthros) eats chili dogs (or something similar), what are the sausages themselves made of? I mean, they even rescue pigs on a common basis...

He saves them to eat them.

32 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

Does Sonic (and similar characters) have one giant eyeball with two pupils, or just two very close eyeballs?

Mobian traits, pal...

• Chuckle 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

34 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

You know, those plants by Big's hut look suspiciously similar to a certain plant...

I think, and DO NOT assume that I'm 100% correct here, but I think that it was confirmed that they are indeed "that" plant.

36 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

Does Sonic (and similar characters) have one giant eyeball with two pupils, or just two very close eyeballs?

It is one singular eye! It just.... sometimes doesn't apply to certain characters, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:02 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Maybe if Knuckles was more aware of the mistakes made by the Echidnas growing up, he wouldn’t have been as eager to defend the Emerald, and so his predecessors wiped his memories. Just a guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:59 AM, Maple Syrup said:

He saves them to eat them.

On 5/9/2024 at 10:26 AM, The DOMinator said:

4:13

On 5/9/2024 at 11:05 AM, cosmichaos said:

I think, and DO NOT assume that I'm 100% correct here, but I think that it was confirmed that they are indeed "that" plant.

On 5/9/2024 at 10:26 AM, The DOMinator said:

Lazy Days -Livin in Paradise- indeed.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:50 PM, ChaosCTRL said:

Maybe if Knuckles was more aware of the mistakes made by the Echidnas growing up, he wouldn’t have been as eager to defend the Emerald, and so his predecessors wiped his memories. Just a guess.

🤔Hmm... never thought about that. Seems like a possibility.