Awoo.

Who should play Gerald Robotnik in Sonic Movie 3?

Spagonia Bowl

Now that it's been officially confirmed that Shadow will be voiced by Keanu Reeves, I'm interested in speculating the casting another character who could potentially appear in Sonic Movie 3, that being Gerald Robotnik. We already know Maria will be played by Alyla Browne, but so far we haven't head any indication on if Gerald will be in the film and who may be playing him. There has already been some speculation, with one theory being that Jim Carry himself will play the role, as well as Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, but there's no official word and I personally think it would be best of both Gerald and Eggman to be played by different actors each. 

So I thought it'd be interesting to hear which actors would you'd like to portray Gerald Robotnik?

For my personal pick, I have to go with one of my favourite actors of all time;

Mark Rylance

This may be my bias talking, but I honestly think he can pull off both the grandfatherly warmth and authority during the Space Colony Ark flashbacks (if this does get included), as well as the broken and vengeful side of Gerald, just before he is executed by G.U.N. Rylance is able to convincingly portray characters that have a presence that is both warm and innocent, which I think would be perfect for Gerald's interactions with both Maria and Shadow. This would make his final message for humanity all the more tragic, seeing this once hopeful and optimistic scientist, now a broken, hateful and bitter shell of his former self and I 100% believe Mark Rylance can pull this off! 

Here's his wikipedia page if your interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Rylance

My original pick was Christopher Lloyd but he's now Pachacamac. I would have liked to see him doing scary crazy for once. Ah well. You know, maybe Peter Capaldi? I'd be interested in seeing him do it. He can be warm and kind but can have a dark streak to him. Plus, I wanna see him with a moustache.

• Thumbs Up 1

IDK, Danny DeVIto?

Bro, The same person that played Gerald in Project shadow, Charii5! he was perfect

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

You know, maybe Peter Capaldi? I'd be interested in seeing him do it. He can be warm and kind but can have a dark streak to him. Plus, I wanna see him with a moustache.

I never even considered him for the role, but now that I think about it, I can kind of see it! 

Just now, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Bro, The same person that played Gerald in Project shadow, Charii5! he was perfect

Whilst that would be cool, I think Paramount would most likely go with a more recognizable name, hence why I suggested Mark Rylance.

18 minutes ago, Spagonia Bowl said:

I never even considered him for the role, but now that I think about it, I can kind of see it! 

Whilst that would be cool, I think Paramount would most likely go with a more recognizable name, hence why I suggested Mark Rylance.

I have NO idea who that is, but famous is famous