Awoo.

What Are Your Relationship Headcannons?

Cyb3rkn1ght

Again, I'm just Straight Curious

What are your Favorite Ships? Whenever Gay, Straight, or whatever-else-yall-are-making These days. Me Personally, I like the Common ones that seem apparent, but never shown, like

Sonally, Sonamy, Knuxouge, Silvaze, Honey and Tails, Whisper and Tangle, Amy And Sticks, Etc.

I want the People's Opinion on official and unofficial Matches! Have at it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Honey and Tails is a common ship? xD

For me it's Sonally, and SonAmy, Rouge and Knuckles, Julie-Su-Knuckles, TailsCream, TailsCosmo, TangleWhisper.

Sonic and Sally play off each other well and have been one of the best consistant relationships in the series. 

I like how Sonic inspires Amy even if they aren't equals like Sonally.

Rouge and Knuckles and Julie-Su are all strong independent personalities that play off eachother well. 

Tails and Cream are just too cute not to ship. Tails and Cosmo is basically an offical Tails ship,

and I like the ShyAwhoo too much not to to support her ship.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the Tails ships. Tails and Cream are so adorable! And Tails and Cosmo are OTPs!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Honey and Tails is a common ship? xD

Look, I Just recently Found out about it looking for honey PFP, so its common for me. 

8 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Tails and Cream are just too cute not to ship.

And as much as I whole heartedly agree to this, there is a line that must be drawn xD

8 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Sonic and Sally play off each other well and have been one of the best consistant relationships in the series. 

The Reason why I like Sonally so much, is because Sally is VERY independent. and that makes Sonic a prince, and later a King, so how cool is that right? I would say this for Sonamy too, but Amy Doesnt become Indepentdent until recently in Forces (Correct me if I'm wrong), so we just need to give it some time. let it cook.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Look, I Just recently Found out about it looking for honey PFP, so its common for me. 

image.png.1191397ba186932456de352dbf778202.png

I think we have this panel to blame for that. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cuz said:

I like that look of disgust/pouting on Tails' face and Honey's just like real happy. :chuckle:

13 minutes ago, Cuz said:

He is NOT having it :chuckle: (He's like "No. Just, No, please.)

But I just did some more research on that ship, and guess what I found? Mighty and Honey. I see it happening, like Knux and Rouge Exept none of the Arguing, and probably Intimate, yet friendly Banter. Especially if it was a hero's team, With Mighty, a Strong-Armed Pasifist, Ray, a Trainee in flight and Honey, A Retired Fighter, and Fashion Designer. Who knows, Maybe Mighty and Ray comes back in the modern era!

• Fist Bump 2

I honestly really like Sonknux. It just kind of covers all the bases that personally appeal to me, but I can understand if it's not for everyone. I love the Sun and Moon symbolism; it's just too clever a reference not to bring up, but there's other aspects of the ship that I like. For example, Sonic and Knuckles have a really unique relationship that he arguably doesn't share with most of his other "rivals". They're funny together, and like bickering and sparring, but at the end of the day it's just harmless fun, and they do really care about each other. Sonic was the first person in Knuckles' life who really cared, about him and what he wanted, and there's no way that didn't leave a huge impact on Knuckles. 

I'm a sucker for rivals to lovers tropes, but I get it if it's not up some other people's allies. If you don't like this ship, I encourage you to just ignore this; no need to throw stones over fictional characters. 

Also, SticksAmy is so funny to me because I love the "proper and socially acceptable lady and her feral warlord girlfriend" dynamic. Like. They could be so funny together. The same trope kind of applies to Modern Blazamy, too, considering how feral Amy can get sometimes.

Tailsmo will always be in my heart, Knuxouge is another really funny "rivals and also lovers" one, and Sonadow has the potential to be either the most angst ridden thing ever or the funniest "they hate each other but they also love each other and punching is their love language" trope and I love it for that.

• Nice Smile 1

20 minutes ago, cosmichaos said:

I honestly really like Sonknux. It just kind of covers all the bases that personally appeal to me, but I can understand if it's not for everyone. I love the Sun and Moon symbolism; it's just too clever a reference not to bring up, but there's other aspects of the ship that I like. For example, Sonic and Knuckles have a really unique relationship that he arguably doesn't share with most of his other "rivals". They're funny together, and like bickering and sparring, but at the end of the day it's just harmless fun, and they do really care about each other. Sonic was the first person in Knuckles' life who really cared, about him and what he wanted, and there's no way that didn't leave a huge impact on Knuckles. 

...Wow.

I never really saw it that way! There just lil playmates! The contrasting Colors, the Same intentions, and I bet Knux treats him like a lil bro too.

21 minutes ago, cosmichaos said:

Also, SticksAmy is so funny to me because I love the "proper and socially acceptable lady and her feral warlord girlfriend" dynamic. Like. They could be so funny together. The same trope kind of applies to Modern Blazamy, too, considering how feral Amy can get sometimes.

The "Feral GF" Dynamic I've never really thought of between those two. I only saw "A Girl sees a Introverted yet very assaulted girl and is friendly to them, so the other gets soft". I absolutely ADORE "Stone cold to lovable" Tropes, its SO cute! Like Shadow Being a literal meanie to everyone except Maria, and I also love tropes like "Im the only one that can understand them", like Tange And Whisper! Whisper is Quiet and Ok being alone, while Tangle is basically ADHD. The fact Tangle humbles herself to just listen and talk to her REALLY pulls on my heartstrings because its just perfect for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unsure if it counts as an actual relationship headcanon considering that... It Involves the character not being in one but I always imagined Sonic being Aromantic Asexual (Aroace). Like... I don't even really know why either and I can't really explain it outside of it just being my personal headcanon but it just felt like it fit him. Mainly for game verse Sonic though since the Archie version of him is... Yeah lol. That and I don't see bro settling down with anyone in the future anyway.

Spoiler

If I put that headcanon aside and actually mentioned my favorite relationship headcanon, though... Naaah, I don't feel like getting roasted off the site just yet so imagine your least favorite Sonic pairing and you probably got it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, Hedgehugs said:

so imagine your least favorite Sonic pairing and you probably got it.

Sontails?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I Have found some New, but highly controversial Ships.

Vector and Vanilla- 10/10. It would be actually be cute seeing Cream with someone to play with, or have a Lil bro to take care of. I also see this as another opportunity to have another character have another species as a pet. maybe the same and have a chao, or make it contrast and it be a wisp? Maybe Magenta Rythm because of vector and music?

Sonic and Blaze- 7/10. I would rank it higher, because I think anyone that is paired up with Sonic, they HAVE to be indepentent. His whole thing is being wild, fast and free, and if you put a leash of a relationship on him, it just wouldn't work. while Blaze is Highly independent, She is from a whole another dimension. like, I love a good long distance tale, but this is rediculous.

Shadow And Amy (I already knew abt this one)- 10/10. Dude, I see this working SO well, like I cant even. Shadow would treat her like the queen, and if shadow is in his turmoil, well would you look at that. a person he can vent to! it just connects, and I love it.

Silver And Amy- 6/10. I thought this was fake. I really did. until I actually looked it up. I don't see it working, but it would be something like Shadow.

Sonic And Rouge- 4/10. No. Just so wrong. They don't have enough to build off of. so no.

Knuckles And Shadow- 5/10. Its VERY possible, but I don't see it.

Silver and Shadow-  1/10. again, no history to work.

Amy And Metal- 9/10. Not as a Active relationship, that doen't make sense, but as a Once in a while thing, like Amy and Metal in Mania Adventrues. it was cute, I liked it.

Amy and Trip- 8/10. No history, BUT. Its too cute not to think about, like "Shy girl finds other cute, tries to talk to her". that right there already feels right.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the forum's consideration: Aroace Rouge

Any of the femme fatale shtick is purely to get what she wants. I dig it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

2 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Silver and Shadow-  1/10. again, no history to work.

Literally what I thought when I read this XD

d20db1c3cacad1ac52fb7f0515a8fa11.gif

• Chuckle 1

Just now, SpeedyChilidogs said:

Literally what I thought when I read this XD

d20db1c3cacad1ac52fb7f0515a8fa11.gif

I DIDNT EVEN THINK OF THAT LAMO (Litterally got hit in the head)

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

I DIDNT EVEN THINK OF THAT LAMO (Litterally got hit in the head)

LMAO REALL, Bro got busted with Shadow's heavy aaa shoes fr fr. XD 

9 hours ago, Hedgehugs said:

If I put that headcanon aside and actually mentioned my favorite relationship headcanon, though... Naaah, I don't feel like getting roasted off the site just yet so imagine your least favorite Sonic pairing and you probably got it.

Nahhhh, Mann I highly doubt it, I've seen some things...but I respect  if you don't wanna tell lolz 

6 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Sontails?

Scream Wow GIF by Regal

NOOOOO NOT SONAILS

Cosmo136.webp.b1abb570b65ead7c589f699defa328e5.webp

I miss Cosmo...

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Way Past Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

NOOOOO NOT SONAILS

DUDE, istg if i find ANYONE that supports this, I can't make you not like it, but its HORRIBLE. they should stay, as BROTHERS. that's like if you've been someone's friend for 32 YEARS, and you ask them to move further. its WEIRD.

As you can probably tell I'm a Big Sonamy fan but I'm kinda a multi-shipper as well, 

5 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Sonic and Blaze- 7/10. I would rank it higher, because I think anyone that is paired up with Sonic, they HAVE to be indepentent. His whole thing is being wild, fast and free, and if you put a leash of a relationship on him, it just wouldn't work. while Blaze is Highly independent, She is from a whole another dimension. like, I love a good long distance tale, but this is rediculous.

I looooveee Sonblaze it's so cute!! It's prolly cuz I like both Sonic and Blaze thoo Blaze is adorable to me!

20230816_150056.jpg.a16d6b765fdc2a25e35d4efbdb02ed40.jpg

1 minute ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

I looooveee Sonblaze it's so cute!!

Samee. maybe after this ill look for Blaze pfp...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

DUDE, istg if i find ANYONE that supports this, I can't make you not like it, but its HORRIBLE. they should stay, as BROTHERS. that's like if you've been someone's friend for 32 YEARS, and you ask them to move further. its WEIRD.

Yeaaaa..... Especially with Tails being treated relatively way younger than Sonic himself...It just doesn't feel right :nyuuurp:

1 minute ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Samee. maybe after this ill look for Blaze pfp...

Ohhh Gosh You totally should! 

I Also Really like AmyxBlaze as well They are both very cute together, I think it would be nice a shy girl with a bright energetic girl, It's pretty sweet, I bet they bake together all the time. 

• Fist Bump 1

18 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Sonic And Rouge- 4/10. No. Just so wrong. They don't have enough to build off of. so no.

Don't they have that Sonic Channel story featuring them? I thought their dynamic in it was pretty interesting, with Rouge trying to outwit Sonic but Sonic being too clever for her to get her ways. My friend says it's similar to Batman/Catwoman dynamic and honestly I can kinda understand where they're coming from lol.

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Sontails?

...Was hoping you'd guess Sonic/Eggman first at least, man. Didn't think it was that obvious. 😔

Though, I obviously understand why it squicks out like 99% of the fanbase, which is why I'm more of an AU enjoyer of the pairing, because... Canonically wise, the age gap is way too intense and if Sonic got in a relationship, I can only really see it with Amy (or Blaze if I'm coping). It's just... I've always been a sucker for jock/nerd dynamics since I was a kid and the way they're canonically described, even though not meant in that way, doesn't really help. (Unbreakable Bond, Bond that even surpasses trust, yada yada, etc. etc.)

However, I'm not (completely) deranged, I can separate fanon from canon and want to say I love the canonically brotherly bond between the two. Honestly think we need more non-blood related familial relationships in fiction, if anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Hedgehugs said:

Didn't think it was that obvious.

for me its the worst out there. I never knew eggman was shipped at ALL. it wasn't REALLY obvious, just a litteral wild guess xD

3 hours ago, Hedgehugs said:

My friend says it's similar to Batman/Catwoman dynamic and honestly I can kinda understand where they're coming from lol.

Huh, never thought about it like that! I need to watch sonic channel now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like a topic like this pops out every month or two.

Whatever. It's Knuckles season so I'll just go through his ships. He's a tough cookie because he's married to his job. So any girl that takes him would either have to move in or be fine with a loose long-distance relationship.

Rouge
Obviously my personal favorite. It just has so many layers to it.
The simple comedy of overly forward Rouge dealing with socially inept Knuckles.
The tension between thief and guardian, a classic Dating Catwoman trope
The potential drama if they would try to make it work.
Plus there is a development possibility. Rouge could easily open Knuckles to many things he never experienced on his rock, but she's also a bad person, while Knuckles is one of the most selfless people on the planet. So while she's smarter, he could inspire her to be a better person.

Amy
At the start of Sonic X, I really thought they would hook up.
I like them together as friends. Knuckles needs someone to open up to and she likes being that kind of person. Plus they both have temper and strength, which makes it easy for them to team up. I have seen jokes that they were parents of Resistance in Forces, which is a bit cute.
The only reasons I can't see them together are 1) their obvious preferences for Sonic and Rouge. 2) I don't see Amy staying on Angel Island. if she ever settles, I think she would want a community that she can take care of. She has too big of a heart for an empty island.

Blaze
Well, there is is "noble and a savage" angle to it and obvious shared responsibility. And if they needed to become even more secluded than they are now, they could somehow move Sol gems next to Master Emerald. The "Alone Together" idea is pretty romantic.
But ignoring the universe apart problem, I just don't see them being that close. They have high respect for each other and nothing more intimate. And that's ignoring their first meeting, which didn't go well.

Tikal
We don't know enough about Tikal in casual situations to make a real call, but I don't see them matching up. She's far too spiritual for him. There is an obvious race bond, but I see it more likely to go Sibling direction.

Shade
... I mean, this is pretty obvious pairing for many reasons, but I find Shade's personality to be kinda dull. She's just water-down Julie-Su.

Julie-Su
Speaking of which. I was never fan of Penders writing, but Julie-Su was... one of not the terrible parts. Far from perfect (Soul Touch), but not terrible. And then Flynn came around and just made them great. They were perfectly in sync and just adorable together, helping each other to carry the wait of the extremely complicated backstory their specie had. I get why people would pick it.

Sonia
While barely explored, I think this could work. it's "noble and a savage" again, but better because Sonia needs help getting off her high horse and Knuckles would be perfect to teach her how to touch the grass. And she's like only female he ever seen, so like he wouldn't go for it.

Sally
In another timeline, their relationship could very easily work out. It would be a lot like Sonally, minus getting on each others nerves because Knuckles lacks attitude. And their responsibilities made it very easy for them to bond... while also forcing them apart.
But story-wise it was way too obvious red-herring because Sally was getting a new suitor every twelve issues back then (Sonic, Geoff, Antoine, Khan). So it's obvious they are just childhood friends and hard to get invested.

Relic
No. They made that joke like 3 times, but it's just a joke. They are friends, nothing more. Even if she's into ruffian types, I think her smarty talk would bore him to death.

Trip
While I don't feel beyond yet again "two guardians" thing, the idea of two most socially inept Sonic characters trying to flirt is hilarious. Trip would need hours to gather the courage to make the first step and Knuckles would then totally miss the hint.

... I mean, it's kinda funny to imagine him sparring with Sonic or Shadow and no one can tell when it transformed into an intense make-out session. But jokes aside, I don't see anything. Sonic x Knuckles is way too bro-ish for me, plus their lifestyles are direct opposites.

In summary, I think Knuckles needs someone as rough and serious as him (Shade, Julie-Su) or emotional and kind to help him open up (Amy, Sonia). Rouge is absolutely none of those things, which paradoxically is the spice that makes their relationship so interesting.

Edited by MetalSkulkBane
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

At the start of Sonic X, I really thought they would hook up.
I like them together as friends. Knuckles needs someone to open up to and she likes being that kind of person. Plus they both have temper and strength, which makes it easy for them to team up. I have seen jokes that they were parents of Resistance in Forces, which is a bit cute.
The only reasons I can't see them together are 1) their obvious preferences for Sonic and Rouge. 2) I don't see Amy staying on Angel Island. if she ever settles, I think she would want a community that she can take care of. She has too big of a heart for an empty island.

I, never really thought about this. I think Amy and Knuckles probably would have that Twin Siblings feel, as one is Classy and social the other is... Mostly primitive and Independent. I can easily see them talking to each other about the other's crush, and like giving advice.

11 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Rouge
Obviously my personal favorite. It just has so many layers to it.
The simple comedy of overly forward Rouge dealing with socially inept Knuckles.
The tension between thief and guardian, a classic Dating Catwoman trope
The potential drama if they would try to make it work.
Plus there is a development possibility. Rouge could easily open Knuckles to many things he never experienced on his rock, but she's also a bad person, while Knuckles is one of the most selfless people on the planet. So while she's smarter, he could inspire her to be a better person.

In this ship, it kinda boils down to "IHY" and "I hate you more." and then it gets highly sexual from there. but, if built correctly, I can see what you see in the "I can Make her better, I can make him worse