Awoo.

Keanu Reeves Is Joining The Sonic Movie 3 Cast As Shadow! [U]

SSF1991

6 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

Said it all along. I think he will be great in the role. Or should that be....exceeeeelleeeennnt!!!

Let's hope Sonic 3 is an Excellent Adventure, rather than a Bogus Journey, or the film franchise may well Face the Music!

Edited by MGA_Gamer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

This news just validates my estimate that the reveal would happen this month! Love to see it!

As for the actual casting, I'm only really familiar with Reeves in SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run. A film most people didn't like, but I enjoyed pretty well! Probably more than Sponge Out of Water.

I don't know, I think they might've made the right call. They surprised me with Knuckles, so I'm hoping for that same level of surprise here too!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Xandur said:

Hang on, I just realized... if Sonic is a fan of Keanu, how will he react when he meets a Shadow that sounds exactly like Keanu?

⚫️: "I am the Ultimate Lifeform."

🔵: "...Baba Yaga?!"

⚫️: "What?"

🔵You sound familiar...

⚫What do you mean?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

That's huge news! And for some reason, Keanu was a choice I never even considered! I reckon he'd be a GREAT pick for the role!

• Nice Smile 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Ooh, this is going to be awesome.

Now they just need to confirm Crush 40's involvement (i.e. they aren't just going to have a Live and Learn ringtone somewhere) and we're golden.

... and no weird wedding subplot. I love Sonic 2 but that whole thing was just... such a weird choice.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

9 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

🔵You sound familiar...

⚫What do you mean?

🔵 Baby Yaga say what?

⚫️What?

🔵GOTTEM

🟠OOOOOOH

• Chuckle 6

You know what I think's gonna be funny? 

The Shadow Build a Bear who screams Maria.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

12 minutes ago, Tornado said:

image.png.c3bd8909318de19b58561f66ad187bad.png

Man. So close.

Guess we'll see who's the real "Faker" after all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Anyway, now that Keanu Reeves is voicing Shadow in the new movie, Shadow is going to have to make this decision sometime in the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Poor Tails really got shafted, didn't he? The stars playing the major roles keep getting bigger, and Tails got lumbered with his 'no-name' game VA. I ain't complaining though. Colleen O'Shaughnessey is the best voice Tails has ever had and she does a fantastic job voicing him. She absolutely deserves that role across both mediums. It's just, I'm petty sure that she wouldn't have been the studio's first pick if they had more money to throw around or if the second film focused more on him instead of Knuckles. 

Keanu Reeves playing Shadow is a pretty excellent development. As always, I have to say that it's something of a shame that dedicated VAs get passed over for Hollywood celebs, but what are you gonna do? I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome because the celebrity casting has been astonishingly good so far for this series. 

• Thumbs Up 2

OH MY GOODNESS!  

I'm still reeling from this news!  I actually can't believe that a fan choice actually came true!  Like, I've seen a lot of fans hoping that Keanu Reeves voiced Shadow and somehow, it came true!  Definitely looking forward to how Keanu nails the role!

• Thumbs Up 1

Told you guys :P I mean, obvious choice is obvious, but still cool.

Edited by Jango

Little bummed in regards to career VA roles (and so far, Jason is still like.. The only voice I hear in my head for him), but hard to argue with the star power for marketing, and his voice does work. Curious to actually hearing him in the role though.

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

image.png.c3bd8909318de19b58561f66ad187bad.png

Man. So close.

This is such a deep cut, but at least it was almost correct.

Y'know what? The announcement of Keanu as Shadow has got to of been done in one of the worst ways ever. I'm sure the crew had a plan to reveal it but then someone had to yap their mouths. No build up, no public trailer, just a guy yapping and then an article.

Also I don't think Keanu works as Shadow but that's a personal preference, I don't mind Keanu as an actor but idk, I don't think he would fit the role well.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

Y'know what? The announcement of Keanu as Shadow has got to of been done in one of the worst ways ever. I'm sure the crew had a plan to reveal it but then someone had to yap their mouths. No build up, no public trailer, just a guy yapping and then an article.

I do find it weird that they didn't announce Reeves at Cinemacon. That could've been a prime time for such a grand reveal.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jpearce2001 said:

*Fingers Crossed.*

Please let us see John Wick in a Sonic movie. I am praying to God!

LET'S GOOOOOO! 

The Speed star himself!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Keanu Reeves fits well for voicing Shadow The Hedgehog because I remember that his character, John Wick also have the same common as Shadow: Losing someone special. Why? Shadow lost Maria meanwhile John Wick lost his dog and his wife in the 2014 John Wick movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, juanpablomorales said:

I think Keanu Reeves fits well for voicing Shadow The Hedgehog because I remember that his character, John Wick also have the same common as Shadow: Losing someone special. Why? Shadow lost Maria meanwhile John Wick lost his dog and his wife in the 2014 John Wick movie.

I was actually going to mention the very same thing!

• Fist Bump 1

Eh, kinda yay, kinda nay, but I think he'll nail the role.

• Fist Bump 1