Awoo.

List of Possible Sonic movie adaptations found in US Copyright Records

Shiny Gems

I do wonder if they'd go as far to call a new movie something like Sonic CD, Sonic Heroes, etc. To me, it'd be like making a Mario movie called Super Mario 64. The 1-2-and-3 set makes sense as it is, especially since they're still pulling from earlier games... Personally hoping future movies have original titles and that these copyrights are just a holdover.

Spin off series could simply be called "Babylon Rouges", "Chaotix", "Amy Rose Adventures", and my favourite:  "Buzz Bomber: Adventure Battle" 

• Chuckle 3

2 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

Spin off series could simply be called "Babylon Rouges", "Chaotix", "Amy Rose Adventures", and my favourite:  "Buzz Bomber: Adventure Battle" 

I would watch a show about the shenanigans of a detective agency consisting of a crocodile, chameleon, and a bee!

26 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

I would watch a show about the shenanigans of a detective agency consisting of a crocodile, chameleon, and a bee!

They could go left field with it and have Big revealed as the big crime kingpin at the end too.

• Chuckle 2

11 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Boiling it down to the bare minimum, those things are

Silver - (and thus time travel - so your already narrative wise in between a rock and a hard place)

Solaris - (a higher level being whose only method of death is to not exist - so narrative wise your screwed)

Elise - (plot revolves around her so much she'd have to exist in some way - but her relationship with Sonic her status as a vessel and her extra emerald are all a problem)

06's plot is a mess and not an easy one to adapt... something has to be sacrified in order to make it work.

I think that with a lot of changes (to the point of becoming an almost completely different story), it can be adapted to at least resemble the source material.

This is what I would do:

Soleanna is a place where people make experiments with gods, it can't be on Earth. I think that Soleanna should be a different planet, so, it's unlikely that it would be inhabited by human beings. I don't know how much of Sonic Rush Adventure they are allowed to take from, since it's not in the copyright records, though I would make Soleanna part of the Sol "dimension" which in this case would be just a different planet and not a separated dimension.

The vessel of "The Flame of Disaster" would be Blaze instead of Elise (the one with the power of fire indeed), Elise would be completely absent. Since Blaze has a different personality compared to Elise, the story would take quite a different route, but still, she's initially cold and shows no emotions; Sonic and friends help her to become "softer" and have friends, though this accidentally leads her to cry and release Iblis.

The only thing I have a really hard time figuring out, is why would Mephiles bring the characters 200 years in the future, why can't Mephiles just fuse with future Iblis when in the future it's already released (also why killing the vessel and waiting for Iblis to resurrect wouldn't work), why can't Mephiles just kill Sonic on his own since the start and instead has to rely on other characters for that, from the future too (Silver specifically).

The actual problems: There need to be a stronger reason for why Mephiles can't attack Sonic by himself from the start, a reason for why Sonic would prevent the fusion of Solaris and needs to be killed, and something that ties the present time with the 200 years far away future of Silver.

Everything else IMO is fixable and/or bypassable... the relationship of Elise with Sonic, in case they just use Blaze instead, could simply be with Silver, and she would cry when forced to be separated from him, not necessarily when he's killed. That or maybe Mephiles kills all the 3 hedgehogs instead of just Sonic (so Silver too), and it's up to the side characters + Tom to find the chaos emeralds in the "end of the world" to revert their death and revive them (obviously no kiss).

Edited by Iko
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Iko said:

The only thing I have a really hard time figuring out, is why would Mephiles bring the characters 200 years in the future, why can't Mephiles just fuse with future Iblis when in the future it's already released (also why killing the vessel and waiting for Iblis to resurrect wouldn't work), why can't Mephiles just kill Sonic on his own since the start and instead has to rely on other characters for that, from the future too (Silver specifically).

The actual problems: There need to be a stronger reason for why Mephiles can't attack Sonic by himself from the start, a reason for why Sonic would prevent the fusion of Solaris and needs to be killed, and something that ties the present time with the 200 years far away future of Silver.

Here's an idea that could help: Mephilies needs a sacrifice--not just one, but multiple, be it Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Blaze. These are what he refers to as the "Iblis Triggers" and he needs at least two of them for his plan to work: one of the hedgehogs using the Chaos Emeralds and Blaze to use the Sol Emeralds, but ideally all four of them would benefit him so as to remove anyone that could still be a threat.

In order to draw out the power of the Chaos Emeralds and the Sol Emeralds in order to bring Iblis under control and fuse with it, he tries to use Silver's naivete to lure Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze to an ideal location to sacrifice them. This is why he can't just attack Sonic by himself, because he risks losing an essential component of his plan.

Also, make use of Mephiles' shadow powers to hide in plain sight by not having him focus solely on Shadow. Have him play off his demonic angle by having other characters aside from Shadow make deals with the devil to further progress his plans.

It's a bit off the top of my head, so there are some rough parts, but you could make that work a lot better than the original story.

Edited by CrownSlayers Shadow
  • Thumbs Up 1

A CD adaptation would be an excellent way to bring in Amy and Metal Sonic (assuming the former isn’t in Sonic 3). Since Heroes is listed that also means seeing Metal’s Neo form can be done. Heck I honestly think he could make for a great replacement for Eggman if Jim Carrey is truly done after movie 3. His role in the battle for Angel Island arc in the IDW comics would be some great inspiration for how a film version of Metal can be handled.

Plus seeing 06 and Adventure means we can get live action versions of Mephiles and Chaos. Though they’d obviously have to heavily rework 06’s storyline. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/14/2024 at 2:51 AM, Iko said:

so, 4 out of 10 titles are pretty much already covered (1, 2, 3&K, SA2); The remaining 6 games are CD, Adventure 1, Heroes, Riders, 06 and Colors. Based on this, I'll try and make some predictions/speculation

- Shadow spin-off series: it will likely happen, since they did one for Knuckles already. I doubt it will be based on any game. Might introduce Rouge in some way, if she's not in Sonic 3 already.

- Sonic 4: Sonic CD and Colors adaptation. They will likely take Planet Wisp instead of Little Planet, and do CD's plot with wisps into the mix. Eggman attempts to redeem himself by building an interstellar amusement park, Sonic gets famous universe-wise and Amy chases him on Earth, she gets kidnapped by Metal Sonic etc. etc. They'll likely time travel to revert the planet back to its original state, somehow but I doubt time stones will be used (they would overlap with the Chaos Emeralds and confuse the audience), it will ptobably be some power of the wisps, or some invention of Eggman. The Chaotix might appear, maybe they are galactic detectives and they're investigating about planets disappearing from their orbit and solar systems; but the best chance is that if they appear, they will be minor characters.

- Sonic 5: Sonic Adventure 1 adaptation. This movie will have Amy as a main character along with the other heroes, and will introduce Chao (Chaos is a mutated one). Big the Cat (because he was in the original game, Froggy was important in the plot, and in general because fishing fits the water theming of the movie) and maybe Cream the Rabbit (because Chao) might also be introduced in this one. I'm not sure if E102 Gamma will be E102 Gamma... I think it will be Omega, won't die at the end, and will become the third member of Team Dark in the future.

- Spin-off series: Riders + Heroes adaptation. An intergalactic competition of extreme gear races, the Babylon Rogues will very likely be introduced, Chocola the Chao will be kidnapped and Cream (introduced in the previous movie) will join Team Rose in the competition to discover what happend to him, Team Dark and the Chaotix will take part of the competition as well (every character will be divided into teams for real, because they're racing together). Metal Sonic returns (as Neo) and does some big mess, the competition is interrupted and all the racers join forces to defeat Metal Overlord.

- Sonic (0)6: A return to Sonic 3 (movie)'s more edgy mood, introduction of Elise, Silver and Blaze (or maybe Elise is replaced by Blaze all together, since she's a princess too). This time, time travel will be involved for real - might or might not be connected to the possible time travel that might be used in the adaptation of Sonic CD.

See, I've been thinking about a Sonic Reboot Series as a fan game, and these are REALLY solid ideas. imma keep an eye on this post, and if it doesn't Happen, I'll try to tie it into my lil plot. (I mean, can you blame me? this stuff looks SO interesting, especially the CD and Heros ones, love it). I know this is technically Stealling, so if you don't mind of course! :ok:

• Fist Bump 1

Interesting selection of mostly pre-2011 mainline games, but the first Riders as well (none of the handheld games), now I’m curious about how this licensing works; whether they can add additional characters from other games (or even mediums/franchises) as well without adapting other content, or extend the agreement to have more games available to adapt. While a lot of the characters from around the “Meta Era” would not be very interesting to adapt, this does also leave us without much room for;

Emerl, Marine, Shahra, Merlina, Vanilla, Gemerl, Sage, Tails Doll, Sticks Trip, Metal Knuckles, Tangle, Whisper, Infinite, THE END, Erazor, Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, Bark, Surge, Kit, the Ancients, Captain Whisker, Dr. Starline, etc.